WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST TIME SKATING IN FRONT OF PEOPLE LIKE?

FSWer

Ratings
Ok my skater friends!! I want to ask you all today to tell me what your first time skating in front of people was like?

gkelly

Ratings
The first time I competed, my stamina was not very good and I wasn't used to skating whole programs without stopping. So my focus was more on getting through the program than on the fact that there were people watching.

Arwen17

I've now done three programs over two years of skating. Adult Pre-Bronze, Adult Bronze, and Adult Silver. I do all the hardest jumps and spins allowed in each category. (But obviously not perfectly. Plenty of deductions.) I just finished my Adult Silver program with an under-rotated axel and a flying camel spin. So far, every program is the same experience for me. I land all of my jumps and do all of my spins etc. I check off all the boxes because I am totally focused on what I'm doing. However, I never look directly at the judges or audience. I just totally ignore them and get on with my program. I don't think anything would break my trance of utter concentration short of a bomb going off. So of course my presentation scores take a hard whack. And for right now.... I just don't really care. I like jumping and spinning. My passion lies with that. I guess I just hate that so many skaters fall on jumps or spins during a program. I like consistency and reliability more than artistry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)