What music/program would you not mind a skater performing to these days?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
So much of today’s music seems to all fall under one category (with exceptions) that I started to think what programs or music selections would I not mind seeing someone perform to these days.

Mine are:

Dark eyes
Totentanz
And I would not mind a good Carnival of the animals - The Swan by Saint- Saens

I really like what Kavaguti and Smirnov did with the Manfed symphonies. So I would like to see some new team or someone else tackle that.

What music would you like to see someone perform to these days?

Last edited:

jenny12

Something like a best of Drake

😂 But to be honest, a “best of Drake” program sounds better than most of the music choices this season.

I’m surprised more skaters aren’t using stuff from Taylor Swift’s Folklore or Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia if they want to do pop music or something modern. Instead, we seem to be getting a never-ending playlist from The Cinematic Orchestra.

viennese

wrecked
So much of today’s music seems to all fall under one category (with exceptions) that I started to think what programs or music selections would I not mind seeing someone perform to these days.

Mine are:

Dark eyes
Totentanz
And I would not mind a good Carnival of the animals - The Swan by Saint- Saens

I really like what Kavaguti and Smirnov did with the Manfed symphonies. So I would like to see some new team or someone else tackle that.

What music would you like to see someone perform to these days?

I just saw The Green Knight, which has the most eerie and magical musical score. There's some vocal music and some stuff that sounds like sound effects. I don't know if it would work outside of the context of the film, which I loved, but it is powerful and strange.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
😂 But to be honest, a “best of Drake” program sounds better than most of the music choices this season.

I’m surprised more skaters aren’t using stuff from Taylor Swift’s Folklore or Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia if they want to do pop music or something modern. Instead, we seem to be getting a never-ending playlist from The Cinematic Orchestra.
The combination of Exile and Evermore would make a good ice dance program, imo.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
@ANL has fabulous taste.

Hungarian Rhapsody, Liszt
La Forza del Destino, Verdi
Symphony No.3, Brahms

There are countless film scores by Bernard Herrmann for those wanting a more modern or oblique approach.

Absolutely no vocals and synthesizers in moderation,please.

-BB

Vagabond

Having just watched James & Radford's SP, I'd like someone (preferably an Ice Dance couple rather than a Pair) to skate to the real "Shiny Happy People," by the B-52's.

quartz

scratching at the light
House of Fun by Madness. Almost certainly could not be pulled off by anyone other than Piper and Paul tho.

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome - Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

No More Tears - Ozzy Osbourne

Queen of Spades - Styx

screech

Original versions of songs instead of bad covers, or covers that are 'moody' or push 'feeling'

• Beatles
  • INXS
  • Phantom of the Opera / Les Miserables / etc
  • and many more that I can't think of off the top of my head

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I was hoping for a good Verdi Aida Triumphal-March (“Gloria in Egyto”) chorus (or Verdi Requiem “Dies Irae” with throw twist as drums boom) by a powerful pair this season. Sigh...some day.

Other than that, anything truly classical, other than Ravel’s BORE-lero.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I was hoping for a good Verdi Aida Triumphal-March (“Gloria in Egyto”) chorus (or Verdi Requiem “Dies Irae” with throw twist as drums boom) by a powerful pair this season. Sigh...some day.

Other than that, anything truly classical, other than Ravel’s BORE-lero.
I thought I was the only person who will be happy to NEVER listen to that again.

Cachoo

Has it been 25 years since I saw a German pair skate to Mark Isham's "Taj Mahal?" i wouldn't mind seeing it again:

"Romantic Flight" from "How to Train Your Dragon": https://youtu.be/ZJR8tuO-mIU

I don't know if "Forbidden Friendship" is skateable but I love the way it builds in the second part of the song: https://youtu.be/96NgGuKQcmo

Adam Lambert's version of "Believe": https://youtu.be/5PzQHZLiUPs

Zach Hemsey: "The Way" https://youtu.be/oN2Xs-MvxLw

and for Ukraine: https://youtu.be/VLR7s8Rq7Dw

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
A Ball or The Witches Sabbath from Symphonie Fantastique or Elgar Cello concerto in E Minor first movement.

Shall now take bets on Kate Bush being the overused music for next season.

screech

I actually think someone could do a good job with the music from the Harry Potter series, as it's not too 'cutesy' for a 'childrens' movie series and has some really nice temp changes.

And Big Band music! I remember back when I was skating in the 90s, it seemed like every season there were skaters at my club skating to 'In The Mood' but you don't really hear it anymore. The only Big Band song you ever really hear is 'Sing Sing Sing'. People need to look at the entire soundtrack to Swing Kids! Or listen to some Tommy Dorsey. Glenn Miller is a given.

I also kind of want to see some programs that go back to the olden days of the free program being split into 3 sections (fast/slow/fast).

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I actually think someone could do a good job with the music from the Harry Potter series, as it's not too 'cutesy' for a 'childrens' movie series and has some really nice temp changes.
Can I assume you have not sat through many little kid or artistic competitions?

barbk

The original (acoustic guitar) Classical Gas by Mason Williams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeHgNqbdBKs. I like this way more than the orchestrated version that was the radio hit years ago.

Brothers in Arms by Mark Knopfler

Excerpts from the Lt. Kije suitę by Prokofiev

Can't Run But (the 2017/18 version) by Paul Simon with yMusic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34DL0Ai4OZ8

...And I'm just so sad that Jason Brown is going to be skating to Josh Groban's The Impossible Dream.

Eagle

"Going to Brideshead Theme" from BRIDESHEAD REVISITED (1981)

"Byron & Natalie's Love Theme" from THE WINDS OF WAR (1983)

"Vernon & Gwen's Love Theme" from AIRPORT (1970)

Theme from CHARIOTS OF FIRE (1981)

All these I've imagined to be suited to the speed and flow of skating, with Chariots being ideal toward the end for a rapidly escalating series of showstopper jumping passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information