WHAT IS YOUR #1 FAVORITE FIGURE SKATING DISCIPLINE...AND WHY?

WHAT IS YOUR #1 FAVORITE DISCIPLINE?

• Total voters

FSWer

Say,what is everyone's number 1 favorite Figure Skating Discipline here...and why? I chose Ice-Dance because the Skaters are so graceful in the moves and holds. Anybody else?

paskatefan

Men - & not necessarily because of quads - more for the power & artistry combined! I go nuts over well centered spins, Russian Split Jumps, spread eagles, cantilevers ...

dancing_on_ice

I'd go Ice Dance, Ladies, Men, then Pairs.
Ice dance is my favorite because it's the most fun to watch for me and all the couples have great performance quality and can really tell a story on the ice. I understand it the least in terms of scoring and it's the most political, but I enjoy it more than anything else.
I prefer ladies over men mostly because ladies are generally more consistent. That comes with a massive asterisk, but because ladies are generally trying less difficult technical content, I feel like they are able to focus more on the performance and the execution of those elements than men are. Of course, as ladies trend towards the technical side as coaches like Eteri and skaters like Alysa Liu, Sasha Trusova, and Anna Scherbakova are trying quads, this is slowly changing. However, these skaters are still the select few, and the vast majority are performing triple-triples as their hardest elements, unlike mens where basically everyone needs to have at least one quad to stay competitive to the point that it's necessary to qualify for the free skate at worlds.
Pairs is my least favorite mostly because I feel like it's jam-packed with elements. I feel like there's barely any room for breathing space as couples have to go into element after element with no real break in between, leaving less room for performance and storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information