Weekend or Evening Skating Tests?

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
Do you know of any weekend or evening skating tests over the next few months, in the NY/CT/NJ area? I've tried doing a search, and also looking at the websites of the clubs I know of, but I'm thinking that there aren't any. Everything seems to be weekday. So I'm asking here!

Will drive a distance if I need to, so eastern PA may also be an option. Western Mass as well.

Willin

@GarrAarghHrumph I'm not familiar with the clubs/testing in that area, but maybe you can contact the clubs?

My club has enough adult skaters that they ensure there's at least a couple test sessions on evenings/weekends.
In fact, since most of the adult skaters do solo dance, dance test sessions are scheduled at night. In other cases, particularly for lower level tests like the Pre-pre that only require one judge (and if the rink is okay with it), the club may have a judge they can call in to do a couple low level tests. There's a lot of dance judges near me, so we've been lucky enough to be able to arrange last minute dance test sessions when enough skaters are ready. Other times the adult skaters have arranged with the club to have a couple special test sessions a year during non-work hours so they can test without missing work. But again, I think a lot of this has to do with having a lot of adults that skate, and it may take some time to arrange.

SherryL

If eastern PA is ok, then maybe the Philadelphia Skating Club & Humane Society could work. Though it’s a few-hour drive for us, my daughters like testing at PSCHS. The test sessions are usually monthly and always on a weekend, so they don’t conflict with school.

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
I second PSCHS. We have them first Sundays of the month, but there isnt one in January. I believe they also have weekend tests at the Skatium (Delaware County SC) and at Wissahickon SC, but I’d have to double check on that.

twizzletoes76

Hickory Hill FSC has weekend and evening tests suitable for adult skaters who work. I believe they even have a test session coming up this Sunday.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
I checked HHFSC! They didn't have MITF or freestyle listed two weeks ago; only dance. I won't be able to be ready by Sunday now on such short notice. Too bad I didn't know earlier. I'd tried emailing them at the contact links on their website, but all their email address links bounced back. Alas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information