Vote for the #TeamTrainwreck Hall of Fame!

Vote for 3 to make the #TTW HoF:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Vote for 3 skaters to make the #TeamTrainwreck Hall of Fame. :gallopin1

Who broke your heart time and time again, over the years? All the potential in the world but never fully realized? Did they have the potential to rock one day and splat the very next? Fun to watch, maybe a little voidy? If you answered yes to those 4 questions, your skater belongs in the hall of fame! :psoty:

The top 3 votegetters will join the following skaters in the illustrious, highly coveted, fabulous #TTW Hall of Fame! AS EVERY AMERICAN KNOWS--EVERY VOTE COUNTS! Have at it! Poll closes in one week.

#TTW HoF Class of 2016:
Butyrskaya, Maria
Hubert, Laetitia
Bobek, Nicole
Czisny, Alissa
Volchkova, Viktoria
Makarova, Ksenia
Amodio, Florent
Sandhu, Emanuel
Verner, Tomas
Oda, Nobunari
Mukhortova, Maria

Happy voting! :cheer:

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Abbott, Abt, Kozuka

Considering the talent these three had, they should have done much much better.

Vagabond

@alchemy void, that's Jeremy Abbott and Alexander Abt. :COP:

But maybe when transliterated into Cyrillic, they have the same surname? #TeamTrainwreck twins separated at birth?

Anyhow, I enthusiastically endorse Jeremy Abbott:

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level YES :swoon:
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program YES :inavoid: :cheer2: :yikes: :duh: :wall:
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again YES YES YES :fragile: :fragile: :fragile:
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones YES :(

:gallopin1

My other two votes are subject to persuasion. :bribe:

Last edited:

Vagabond

I've been doing a little research and analysis since my previous post. :COP:

The Rules don't apply here, but the Criteria and Qualities should.

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

Qualities:
1) Being a student of Volchkova/Rukavicin
2) Big boobs/nice ass
3) Boobs/belly/nipples showing
4) Mule kick
5) Being Uzbek/Russian
6) last name called Schott
7) Bizarre off ice incidents
8) Coach
9) Costume (-Malfunction)
10) Splats
11) Bizarre Choreo

I don't recall Christopher Bowman's having more splat/messy performances than great ones. His life was a series of bizarre off-ice incidents, and we all know about his interactions with Frank Carroll in the Kiss and Cry, but did he mess up often enough to be on the Team?

The same, except for the bit about Frank Carroll, could be said about Alexander Abt.

As for Sasha Cohen, does finding some way to mess up the Free Skate time and time again while finishing second, third, or fourth equal breaking hearts? Or is that just for her ubers? She meets the Coach and Splats Qualities in spades, and I suppose the cookie baking could be considered a bizarre off-ice incident.

Any helpful comments would be appreciated. :saint:

So would :bribe: from any desperate fans. :sekret:

Otherwise, I will cross them off my list of possibles. :lynch:

Dobre

As for Sasha Cohen, does finding some way to mess up the Free Skate time and time again while finishing second, third, or fourth equal breaking hearts?

More times than any other skater. Ever.

You never know what it is to have your heart broken if you do not know--so many times--that she could win it all.

:sasha1::swoon:

text_skate

Abt, Abbot, and Kozuka. So much talent ... knees, edges, choreography. So much nerves, trainwreck and heartbreak.

J

Jeschke

Did we forget to mention that we combine the german votes? :EVILLE:

Last edited by a moderator:

rfisher

Let the skating begin

You never know what it is to have your heart broken if you do not know--so many times--that she could win it all.

Even I voted for Cohen and I was/am a die hard Kwan fan who glared at Sasha when she took the ice. :lol: But Lord the woman had the most beautiful Russian split ever.

J

Jeschke

Kozuka isn't interesting enough to merit HOF inclusion. Heartbreak in spades, but where is the DRAMA, the slutty costumes, the bizarre music choices?
Adding the back-petting instead of some serious Tsareva-punching as he is send on the ice!

J

Jeschke

Even I voted for Cohen and I was/am a die hard Kwan fan who glared at Sasha when she took the ice. :lol: But Lord the woman had the most beautiful Russian split ever.
Cohen has to be in!
The failed comeback with that thousands of 2ft landings! What a way to end a career :gallopin1

#whatcouldhavebeen

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagabond

Sorry, Dobre, but I fully expected Cohen to mess up that Free Skate every single time, and she always did. The true trainwrecks, like Abbott, manage to deliver the goods every once in a while, ideally at Nationals, so that we foolishly but inevitably think that they have overcome their demons at long last.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Abt, Abbot, and Kozuka. So much talent ... knees, edges, choreography. So much nerves, trainwreck and heartbreak.

Those were exactly my choices.

IMO Sasha Cohen doesn't really belong here. She won many silver medals, including the 2006 Olympics. She just had trouble winning the gold, and she did win it (at the US nationals) when Michelle stopped competing.);)

Last edited:

Dobre

I do not feel that advocating for Sasha should be necessary. I'll just let Patrick's Drunk Commentary video do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzr7QDdPO2k

I would like to point out that even Maria Butyrskaya has World gold.

And that it is one thing to lose gold based on blowing your lutz--which Sasha did--but it takes a very special athlete to manage to lose it by blowing your last triple toe. (Or your double axel). MORE THAN ONCE.

And finally, because it requires exceptionally special timing to have your greatest performances of the season during the cheesefests at the beginning and end of the year.

Plus, none of the men on this list (who by the way should not get to run the entire table) ever went out on the warm-up ice and interfered with the freight train that was Michelle Kwan and her 30,000,000 fans.

Bellanca

Those were exactly my chances.

IMO Sasha Cohen doesn't really belong here. She won many silver medals, including the 2006 Olympics. She just had trouble winning the gold, and she did win it (at the US nationals) when Michelle stopped competing.);)
I agree re Sasha in HOF??? And, let's remember that Michelle had a little trouble winning Olympic gold. ;) So...

clairecloutier

Jeremy Abbott is clearly the runaway winner in this worthy group of nominees. :D

Christopher Bowman and Sasha were my runners-up; although Abt got some thought as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information