Victor Kraatz

Sylvia

TBD
Victor Kraatz is back in B.C. coaching hockey and chats about his life and career with Peter McCully, host of "Today in BC" podcast (August 3, 2022):

ETA: Near the end of the episode Kraatz is asked how many languages he can order coffee in and he replied "German (mother tongue), Italian, French and maybe some [crude] Finnish" - his kids speak Finnish fluently (with their mother) and English.

Last edited:

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
Thank you so much, Sylvia! That was great. As I B/K fan, I was of course disappointed that they split back then but hearing Victor talk about his life and accomplishments was so awesome. His affection for Shae-Lynn was obvious in his remarks about their partnership and her accomplishments. It was nice to hear from him about why he decided to retire because it seemed like back then, he didn't open up as much. But he has accomplished much, has a wife and children and settled back again in BC and he sounded so happy. I am glad both he and Shae-Lynn had success after their partnership ended. I loved their skating and have very fond memories of watching them in the 90s.

VGThuy

A friend of mine played hockey throughout middle and high school and he said his team had take regular lessons with a figure skater to improve their skating skills.

honey

David Pelletier has also been the skating coach for the Edmonton Oilers for the better part of a decade now. I think it’s great that so many professional teams are seeing the value in bringing in a figure skater to focus on skating technique.

Winnipeg

A young, local kid's hockey team coach brought in a very good (but not elite, World type) FS in to improve skating skills of the kids. Parents complained about taking up training time for this...............however, they later agreed it was very useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information