Vaytsekhovskaya's interview with Medvedeva

hanca

Values her privacy
Ok. I don't think those chidren look menthally healthy or they ARE menthally healthy in your work.. That is the reason why you need to work with them. Wich Eteri's little skaters look menthally unhealthy or menthally weak? :) Plus Eteri is working in a team all of them are child abuser? Medvedeva, Shelepen, Lipnistkaya, Panenkova, Tsurskaya ( Darya wants to go back to her) and even Zagi are not children anymore..They would remember..
Of course the children are mentally healthy. Are you saying that everyone who has been abused becomes mentally unwell? And it doesn’t really matter that some of the Tutberidze’s kids are not children any more. Do you think teenagers can’t be in an abusive situation? Abuse happens regardless of the age.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Oh, it'll all turn out the way these things always do -- fifteen years from now someone will write a tell-all, and then there will be tons of handwringing and "Oh dear, how dreadful, how could we POSSIBLY have known at the time? We must NEVER let this happen again!" :rolleyes:

Perky Shae Lynn

The situation with Med and Eteri is simple. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand what happened.

Eteri obviously adored Medvedeva. Med had a tumultuous Olympic season, and ended up losing gold to Zagitova. Medvedeva likely felt betrayed by her coaching team (irrational feeling, but a feeling nevertheless). And the thought of training with Alina was probably unbearable; it would be a daily reminder of what happened at the Olympics. It wasn't about disliking Alina. It was about Med's mental health. Moving to another Russian coach, or bringing Eteri a truck full of flowers, would not extinguish ET's anger and disappointment. Medvedeva, her all time favorite student, left her. That's what is burning a hole in Eteri's heart.

Ka3sha

Medvedeva, her all time favorite student, left her. That's what is burning a hole in Eteri's heart.
Somehow, I don’t think so.
Eteri reacted in the same way in numerous situations with Lipnitskaya, Pitkeev, Voronov and others. We have already heard that all of them are lazy, injured, ungrateful and etc :barrel
It’s just that this time Evgenia managed to win bronze at Worlds after leaving Eteri and isn’t done (unlike her other ex-students).

Perky Shae Lynn

Somehow, I don’t think so.
Eteri reacted in the same way in numerous situations with Lipnitskaya, Pitkeev, Voronov and others. We have already heard that all of them are lazy, injured, ungrateful and etc :barrel
It’s just that this time Evgenia managed to win bronze at Worlds after leaving Eteri and isn’t done (unlike her other ex-students).
Hmmm. You may be right. Perhaps the extra-venom towards Med is not a function of Eteri's formerly warm feelings towards her. Rather, it's a natural (for Eteri) reaction to Medvedeva actually moving forward with her life and career.

Perky Shae Lynn

I have a question for our Russian friends. Some posters keep insisting we don't understand the Russian soul, and how things work. Which is legit. So please don't be offended by my question.... but is airing dirty laundry, spilling one's guts, publicly complaining - is it a little bit more acceptable in Russia? At least to the older (40+) generation? I love how candid Russian skaters and coaches are in their interviews, but I find certain things (such as publicly trashing former students) uncomfortable. We have plenty of TMI-type of behavior here as well, and but it's not considered an admirable trait. :shuffle:

Last edited:

Fairuza

I have a question for our Russian friends. Some posters keep insisting we don't understand the Russian soul, and how thing work. Which is legit. So please don't be offended by my question.... but is airing dirty laundry, spilling one's guts, publicly complaining - is it a little bit more acceptable in Russia? At least to the older (40+) generation? I love how candid Russian skaters and coaches are in their interviews, but I find certain things (such as publicly trashing former students) uncomfortable. We have plenty of TMI-type of behavior here as well, and but it's not considered an admirable trait. :shuffle:
As a Russian who has a sceptical view of all that soul rubbish, I have to say it’s just a good excuse for dispensing with good manners and discretion and tactfulness. It’s all because Russians are so full of soul.

Tinami Amori

Zhulin makes a statement, that it is Medvedeva who must be the one to take steps to make amends with Eteri.
https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sport...sdelat_pervyj_shag_k_primireniju_s_Tutberidze

- Should Tutberidze and Medvedeva reconcile? Why ask me? If they chose to - they will.
My opinion, Evgeniya must take the first step towards reconciliation.
First of all, because she is the student.
Second, because she left, as i know, without proper good-bye.
I am a coach myself. I take this stand.

— Должны ли Тутберидзе и Медведева помириться? А почему вы меня спрашиваете? Захотят — помирятся.
На мой взгляд, Евгения должна сделать первый шаг к примирению.
Во-первых, она — ученица.
Во-вторых, ушла, как я знаю, особо не прощаясь. Я сам тренер. Поэтому занимаю эту позицию, — сказал Жулин.

MAXSwagg

The bottom line is Etery wants Med and all of her students to grovel at her feet. She trashed Pitkeev too and I think he did bring her damned flowers. It’s just a power move, all this saltiness. Might I suggest Med give Etery some carrion flowers? A rafflesia? Though these are notoriously difficult to grow...

MAXSwagg

When you looked at the link above, before commenting, can you read the difference between "Zhulin" and "Tutberidze"?
:rofl:

I was talking about Etery, not Zhulin. But it seems he has the same mindset. If I were talking about Zhulin in reference to that post, I would’ve quoted it.

Tinami Amori

I was talking about Etery, not Zhulin. But it seems he has the same mindset. If I were talking about Zhulin in reference to that post, I would’ve quoted it.
~Half of Russians, coaches, skaters, fans, have the same mind set... based on what i am reading on the internet.

hanca

Values her privacy
~Half of Russians, coaches, skaters, fans, have the same mind set... based on what i am reading on the internet.
Just curious, what about the other half? The fact that a half of coaches believes one thing doesn’t make them automatically right. Because there is still the other half that thinks differently.

Tinami Amori

Just curious, what about the other half? The fact that a half of coaches believes one thing doesn’t make them automatically right. Because there is still the other half that thinks differently.
some are not commenting.... :D

but... here is a tip of the ice-berg...

Blogger with a skating video site – “Medvedeva must apologize to Tutberidze”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDK8v8OWI4

Butyrskaya – “Medvedeva must apologize to Tutberidze, explain herslef and ask for forgiveness”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtLE-iVS8-Q

“(Med’s) fans demand she apologizes, she is nothing without Eteri”
https://versiya.info/sport/97366

“Fans scold Medvedeva for not apologizing to Tutberidze and request an action”
https://versia.ru/medvedevu-upreknuli-za-nezhelanie-poblagodarit-tutberidze

“Medvedeva is called to act/to apologize”
https://mt.gazeta.ru/blog/43265551318/Medvedevu-prizvali-izvinitsya-pered-Tutberidze

Last edited:

Flora

Med can do whatever she damn well chooses. People can criticize and judge all they want but she has the right to decide how and what she chooses to say and do. Just the same way Eteri can do the same. She's young and in time may feel differently about what transpired between her and Eteri. That's between them. I'm not even a Med fan but feel the hate towards her is totally uncalled for.

Tinami Amori

Med can do whatever she damn well chooses. People can criticize and judge all they want but she has the right to decide how and what she chooses to say and do.

Just the same way Eteri can do the same.

Exactly! they both have the same rights.

Zazy

Zhulin makes a statement, that it is Medvedeva who must be the one to take steps to make amends with Eteri.
https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sport...sdelat_pervyj_shag_k_primireniju_s_Tutberidze

- Should Tutberidze and Medvedeva reconcile? Why ask me? If they chose to - they will.
My opinion, Evgeniya must take the first step towards reconciliation.
First of all, because she is the student.
Second, because she left, as i know, without proper good-bye.
I am a coach myself. I take this stand.

— Должны ли Тутберидзе и Медведева помириться? А почему вы меня спрашиваете? Захотят — помирятся.
На мой взгляд, Евгения должна сделать первый шаг к примирению.
Во-первых, она — ученица.
Во-вторых, ушла, как я знаю, особо не прощаясь. Я сам тренер. Поэтому занимаю эту позицию, — сказал Жулин.

I don't get his first point. Why does it have to be the ex-student that takes the first step?
Maybe something is being lost in translation but I hope he isn't implying that the coach is always right.

Coquelicot14

I have a question for our Russian friends. Some posters keep insisting we don't understand the Russian soul, and how things work. Which is legit. So please don't be offended by my question.... but is airing dirty laundry, spilling one's guts, publicly complaining - is it a little bit more acceptable in Russia? At least to the older (40+) generation? I love how candid Russian skaters and coaches are in their interviews, but I find certain things (such as publicly trashing former students) uncomfortable. We have plenty of TMI-type of behavior here as well, and but it's not considered an admirable trait. :shuffle:

40+ ? Huh?
When I read an interview, I want to actually read what a person has to say, not made for PR crap. I don't bother reading those.
But yes, when you ask a person how they are, you better mean it. People are more blunt and honest about what they think.

Tinami Amori

I don't get his first point. Why does it have to be the ex-student that takes the first step?
Maybe something is being lost in translation but I hope he isn't implying that the coach is always right.
Because when a "pupil" finishes work with, or leaves for whatever reasons (other than murder), an "educator" (teacher, coach, instructor), the "pupil" is the one who says "thank you" and makes a decent parting gestures.

Medvedeva did not do that, or did not do it properly. It is on her to fix it.

Even if one gets F's......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y375v4fKf9k

..."thank you for everything. we apologize for being difficult.."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYqatJc08iU

... and you sing them songs, and write poetry...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IIuODv1ta4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH7iOX7qx3k

Coquelicot14

It's a respect for your elders thing. Also, taking the first step doesn't implicitly means saying you are wrong, it's acknowledging everything that has been done for you.

Marco

I am confused. Is Evgenia mad at Eteri because she felt Eteri purposely held her back for Alina? If Eteri had been fair to all her students, there's really nothing to complain when another skater outdid her. She was injured for much of last season and was fortunate she skated as well as she did in PC.

I always had the feeling that Evgenia left because she felt the Eteri technique wasn't sustainable and injury-prone, and she wanted to explore new technique, new methods and new styles. I don't know why she didn't say goodbye though.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I wonder if they ever had conversations about putting the 3f3t in the bonus, or upgrading the layback spin to a flying combination spin that ends with layback variations. That's 1.23 in base value right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information