VGThuy

Having a different opinion regarding a skating result in of itself doesn’t make one a troll. Exhibiting behavior on a message board for the purpose garnering responses with histrionic incoherent one-three liners and not actually wanting to converse on top of beating the same dead horse no matter what the topic is about for over 13 years is trollish

caseyedwards

Having a different opinion regarding a skating result in of itself doesn’t make one a troll. Exhibiting behavior on a message board for the purpose garnering responses with histrionic incoherent one-three liners and not actually wanting to converse on top of beating the same dead horse no matter what the topic is about for over 13 years is trollish
It has been the attempted conversing that has meant the most troll allegations!! Not immediately changing my opinion was trolling

Last edited:

Badams

Thank you! I say this as a Lysacek fan and human who is sick and tired of this repetitiveness.

Allskate

Having a different opinion regarding a skating result in of itself doesn’t make one a troll.
True, but a troll might call it trollish. It's a great way to further disrupt a thread.

I'm really tired of people complaining about a troll while simultaneously feeding the troll and encouraging trollish behavior and the derailment of threads.

If you think someone is a troll, please stop feeding them. Put them on ignore.

If people genuinely want to debate the outcome of certain events rather than disrupt a thread or push people's buttons, there are ways to do it.

VGThuy

True, but a troll might call it trollish. It's a great way to further disrupt a thread.

I'm really tired of people complaining about a troll while simultaneously feeding the troll and encouraging trollish behavior and the derailment of threads.

If you think someone is a troll, please stop feeding them. Put them on ignore.

If people genuinely want to debate the outcome of certain events rather than disrupt a thread or push people's buttons, there are ways to do it.
I agree. I put that poster on ignore long ago, and I rarely put people on ignore. However, we were getting posts that kept responding to this person in this and other threads to the point where I couldn’t ignore that person even though he was on my ignore list, so I felt compelled to say something.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Interesting photo. Putin looks like his favorite dog just died. I hardly recognize Valieva. The "games of the future" must be quite grim, because most of the people in that pic look like they want to cry.
I feel so sorry for her. She's being used as a propaganda pawn to show how "terrible the evil west" is. Tarasova has been spouting this for weeks and now she's being paraded out as exhibit A. And, before anybody says she could refuse, remember Navalny. Subtle hints to her family is all it takes. She looks absolutely miserable. This has nothing to do with sports or doping or her. Putin couldn't care less about her. It's all him.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I feel so sorry for her. She's being used as a propaganda pawn to show how "terrible the evil west" is. Tarasova has been spouting this for weeks and now she's being paraded out as exhibit A. And, before anybody says she could refuse, remember Navalny. Subtle hints to her family is all it takes. She looks absolutely miserable. This has nothing to do with sports or doping or her. Putin couldn't care less about her. It's all him.
To be clear, my vomit emoji was over the whole situation. We all know she is being used as propaganda by Putin and that photo only brings the point home. It's sad and tragic.

caseyedwards

No, I don't. Scherbakova and a few others have managed to make themselves scarce when Valieva, Kondratiuk, et al. have shown up to be with Putin. So how do you know that Valieva wasn't there out of sheer devotion to Putin?
I don’t know if Valieva is being forced or “invited” in such a way as refusal is impossible. Like if scherbakova was “invited” would she say no? Of course not. Valieva is the star not scherbakova

rfisher

Let the skating begin
No, I don't. Scherbakova and a few others have managed to make themselves scarce when Valieva, Kondratiuk, et al. have shown up to be with Putin. So how do you know that Valieva wasn't there out of sheer devotion to Putin?
You've made up your mind and think you know everything. Think whatever you wish.

ballettmaus

No, I don't. Shcherbakova and a few others have managed to make themselves scarce when Valieva, Kondratiuk, et al. have shown up to be with Putin. So how do you know that Valieva wasn't there out of sheer devotion to Putin?
It's possible that it's easier for those who have made themselves scarce to make themselves scarce because of their circumstances. Or it's possible that Valieva does feel it's her duty to show up.

There are so many things that factor into living under a regime like Putin's and I don't think we can judge until we've walked a mile in their shoes. (Of course, I judge plenty myself. Doesn't mean that I'm always right to 🤷‍♀️).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information