USFS ISP Points Challenge- Sep and Oct 2020

Sylvia

TBD
I didn't close my Pairs SP window so am still able to watch. :D I've edited in the teams' SP music in my post #227:
Pairs starting order (SP music added by me later):
McBeath/Bartholomay ("Cry Me a River" by Michael Bublé), Chan/Howe (selections from Onmyoji OST by Shigeru Umebayashi), Knierim/Frazier ("In the End" by Tommee Profitt +"Too Far Gone" by Hidden Citizens), Serafini/Tran ("If I Ain’t Got You" by Alicia Keys), Finster/Nagy ("Lost Without You" by Freya Ridings), Lu/Mitrofanov ("The Show Must Go On" from Moulin Rouge OST), Calalang/Johnson (last year's "Light of the Seven"), Cain/LeDuc ("Never Tear Us Apart" by Bishop Briggs), Kayne/O'Shea (last season's "Clair de Lune" by Debussy)

Last edited:

Teamgracie

Darn, I just went to watch after finishing work and they are gone! Why do they tease us by putting them up if they are not ready? I'm assuming they will be back up.

Moustaffask8r

I feel apathetic about H/D's new rhythm dance. It's better than listening to Daddy again, but I feel like it really drags out near the end. Also, the ice dance scores all feel way too high, it's probably the national scoring coming in hot. Anthony almost fell out of one of his twizzles, which is probably why G/P were scored higher than CPom.
C/P Totally missed the rotational lift, that is why

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Seriously - Where are Ted Barton and Russia One channel when we need them? :D

I’ll even stop complaining about the lack of zoom in the camera work if I can bloody see the films!

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Top 4 Scores (besides top 5 from last year's Nationals) - these 4 are now qualified for 2021 Nationals

Men- Camden Pulkinen 212, Alexei Krasnozhon 211, Jimmy Ma 210, Joseph Kang 203
Ladies- Audrey Shin 171, Starr Andrews 162, Pooja Kalyan 157, Lindsay Thorngren 155

Last edited:

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Allelujah for Hubbell/Donohue Free Dance

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I like them but they are just going nowhere since 2018-2019 with their selections, ok Allelujah is a warhorse as of lately but I don't know if this safe choice can make an impact for their cause, they were lucky because of the situation with the vir...s and worlds cancelled last season so they did not suffer a lost in reputation/ranking with their programs but I was hoping this season they would surprise us make an statement like Chock/Bates did with their #LadySnake

But Madi & Zach picked a safe theme very much alike 'A Star is Born' FD from last season

Hope they can make the best out of this but I have my doubts

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
If I were to look for positives in H/D FD it would be that there seems to be a lot of content, smooth constant flow and the lifts look more effortless. So if they skate it well at Worlds (should it exist) it can score well enough to be on the podium. At this stage it looks to me like the kind of program that you can't begrudge a high score if they hit all their levels.

I thought H/B had better looking lifts as well.

That FD for C/P is such a zzzz after last years FD. It is so generic it hurts.

topaz

Allelujah for Hubbell/Donohue Free Dance

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I like them but they are just going nowhere since 2018-2019 with their selections, ok Allelujah is a warhorse as of lately but I don't know if this safe choice can make an impact for their cause, they were lucky because of the situation with the vir...s and worlds cancelled last season so they did not suffer a lost in reputation/ranking with their programs but I was hoping this season they would surprise us make an statement like Chock/Bates did with their #LadySnake

But Madi & Zach picked a safe theme very much alike 'A Star is Born' FD from last season

Hope they can make the best out of this but I have my doubts
Well I think they are showcasing their strengths. The music has been used lately but I like the Jeff Buckley version. Also, they were one of first teams to use the Kd lang version. They are OG of using this piece.

I think the choreography is gorgeous. The opening showcases their edge quality and sequence going into twizzles is phenom. One foot skating, good edges transitioning asap into the twizzles are gorgeous.

It's still about the skating. Chock and Bates skate their strengths, lifts spins personality. Their skating skills are not as strong as HD imo. Their snake program is an excellent vehicle for them but their is a lot standing still and flat blade.

Last edited:

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Yes, showcase their strengths but still feeling the same as with their last season Free Dance, not impressed

Let's see how they fare when major competition comes (IF) at least in the US they are clearly safe in the top 2

topaz

Yes, showcase their strengths but still feeling the same as with their last season Free Dance, not impressed

Let's see how they fare when major competition comes (IF) at least in the US they are clearly safe in the top 2
I don't think their last FD Showcased their skating skills. There was a lot of staccato steps that did not showcase their skating skills advantage over other teams.

Also it was constantly changing.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I loved amber too! I noticed her speed and power. I hope she does well, I’ve always loved her.

Finally - FINALLY! - skating to music that I love. It accentuates her beauty. I could swear that even her makeup has improved.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Camden debuted his FS last month at the CO Springs Invitational - "Close Your Eyes" by RHODES, choreographed by Mark Pillay.

I'm glad he went back to last season's "Caruso" SP.

My bad, I thought "In This Shirt" was his FS this year. I'm glad he went back to Caruso. Now if he could go back to last year's FS also....

seabm7

Top 4 Scores (besides top 5 from last year's Nationals) - these 4 are now qualified for 2021 Nationals

Men- Camden Pulkinen 212, Alexei Krasnozhon 211, Jimmy Ma 210, Joseph Kang 203
Ladies- Audrey Shin 171, Starr Andrews 162, Pooja Kalyan 157, Lindsay Thorngren 155

The score should be the best of the two oppotunities:

Alexei Krasnozhon 219
Audrey Shin 179.78
:)

topaz

I agree that this FD showcases H/D much better than their last few FDs. I also think it sets up a nice contrast to what I expect will be their Olympic FD.

I would love for them to use GOT music, Lynyrd Skynyrd or Bonnie Raitt.

Amy L

There is some interesting quarantine hair among the pair guys. It took me a while to recognize Nathan Bartholomay!

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Both H/B and H/D's FDs are disappointing to me.

Just watched these two dances again:

H/B - I now like it better once I get used to that bizarre remix music. Impressive OfSt.

H/D - Sorry, still meh. Which is frustrating because they're very good skaters. At least it's better than the last two FDs I guess.

Overall Green and Parsons will be my US team to root for this season, if the season happens.

heartyxo

I've rewatched H/D too and I'm still not a huge fan. Unsurprisingly though, Twitter is all over it just because Scott Moir choreographed it, even though a lot of the choreo/lifts/twizzles aren't even that different/different at all to previous programs. Had MF choreographed it, I bet people would be complaining about how it being uncreative and ordinary, but because it's him, it's suddenly a masterpiece :slinkaway

litenkyckling

I don't love H/Ds FD but I think that they look more confident and comfortable than they have done in a while - and although not the most original choreo, the elements fit the music much better than they have the last couple of seasons. I also think that their lifts looked much smoother. I think the problem with H/D is that beating their 2017/18 FD seems like an impossible task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information