US Figure Skating Television Schedule for 2021-2022

Sylvia

TBD
... INTERNATIONAUX DE FRANCE

NBC's recap show is Sunday, Nov. 21 from 4 – 6 p.m. ET.
Coming up soon, for those interested...

ETA: Terry Gannon is broadcasting on the Golf Channel so it's Tanith, Tara & Johnny (back from Moscow) today, starting with Anna Shcherbakova's SP.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
NBC is showing Aymoz's FS! :cheer:

ETA: Then Shun Sato, Jason, Deniss Vasiljevs, Yuma Kagiyama.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Woo-hoo, we got a whopping 10(?) seconds of Knierim/Frazier's FS before Papadakis/Cizeron's full FD was shown.

I'm glad NBC showed Mariah's FS just now. :) Next is Wakaba... (eta) then Karen & the 3 Russian women.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
If you're really in a crunch thinking about Peacock, you can get 6 months for $15 (with ads, but they don't really apply to figure skating coverage) by using promo code TODAY

Sylvia

TBD
Peacock Premium Streaming Schedule - 2021 Rostelecom Cup
All times Eastern. Subject to change.

Friday, Nov. 26
Men’s short program | 5:30 a.m.
Rhythm dance | 7:30 a.m.
Pairs short program | 10 a.m.
Women’s short program | 11:25 a.m.

Saturday, Nov. 27
Men’s free skate | 5:30 a.m.
Free dance | 7:40 a.m.
Pairs free skate | 9:30 a.m.
Women’s free skate | 11:10 a.m.

NBC Recap Show
Sunday, Nov. 28 - 3-6 p.m.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Perfect schedule! Watch the men half awake (the best way) then focus.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
….

NBC Recap Show
Sunday, Nov. 28 - 3-6 p.m.

Since I watch the competitions live on Peacock - at $9.99/mo now that my geo region no longer gets the free promo - I usually don’t bother watching the NBC recap shows. However, this may be worth watching if it includes Johnny’s visit to TeamEteri at Sambo70.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Since I watch the competitions live on Peacock - at $9.99/mo now that my geo region no longer gets the free promo - I usually don’t bother watching the NBC recap shows. However, this may be worth watching if it includes Johnny’s visit to TeamEteri at Sambo70.
Pretty sure that won’t be shown until the Olympics. Classic Olympics fluff piece.

moebius

I forgot that the NBC broadcast of Rostelecom started one hour earlier than the past competitions. Who did they show before Matteo Rizzo?? Thanks in advance.

Skate Talker

Before Rizzo they showed some Karen Chen/Kristi Yamaguchi role model fluff, intro'd the ladies and the men. Valieva's short program was the only skating program shown before Rizzo.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
For those of you in USA that used to have AT&T TV that eventually became DIRECTV stream this year. I got an email today that said as of December 31 NBC will no longer broadcast NBC sports network, which I used to watch a lot of figure skating on.

It furthermore says most of the programming content on NBC sports network will move to the USA network also available on direct stream channel 242. All other NBC program will continue without interruption

Now, go vote for Paul for PSOTY!!!!!

Sylvia

TBD
Yes, the last NBCSN broadcast listed on the schedule is for GPF (if it happens):

Dec. 9-12, 2021
Grand Prix Final
NBC
NBCSN
Olympic Channel
Peacock

Edited the above on Dec. 2nd now that the GPF officially is no longer happening next week in Osaka. :(

Last edited:

Aceon6

NBCSN has been winding down its programming since the summer. Olympic Channel will be where it’s at going forward. Unfortunately, that’s a “super-premium“ channel for many.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Now that I'm completely focused on Golden Spin, does anyone know if Peacock will be showing it or if it's an ISU streamed competition?

Aceon6

I wonder what NBC will be showing in the GPF time block tomorrow and on Oly channel during the week? NBC has not sent updated/alternative programming info to any of the listing services.

I’m leaving auto-record on for now. This should be interesting.

BaileyCatts

NBCSN reran Skate America tonight in the GP time slot. Olympic Channel on my online guide says skating in prime time all next week like usual, but its reruns of Skate America and Skate Canada. I also noticed Italy rerunning during day time hours.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The channel guide still shows "GPF 2021," which feels a little surreal.

Sylvia

TBD
Nathan’s Skate Canada Int’l FS (great 3A with controlled twizzle exit) then Yuma Kagiyama’s Torino FS. :)

ETA: And now free dances! :eek: :cheer: (Chock/Bates & Hubbell/Donohue at Skate America, brief clips of Sinitsina/Katsalapov, and Papadakis/Cizeron's FD in Torino)

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Well, if S/K are Olympic frontrunners, someone forgot to tell NBC. We got an entire free dance from P/C, and about five seconds of an S/K free dance.

Sylvia

TBD
NBC just showed Cain-Gribble/LeDuc's full FS from SCI and "only" ;) quick clips of Knierim/Frazier from Skate America.

Now Sui/Han's FS in Torino... (eta) then Boikova/Kozlovskii's FS from Grenoble & Mishina/Galliamov's FS in Sochi.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Watching Anna brings home to me how much I'd enjoy two Olympic golds for Lacrimosa. :) I don't expect it, but I"d enjoy it.

Wyliefan

We had Alysa and Kaori at NHK (free programs). Now we're seeing Mariah's free in France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information