US Figure Skating Television Schedule for 2021-2022

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Look at the bottom of the linked page - all events listed will be on Peacock.

OK so I clicked on that link, it looks like NBC will carry everything that’s on Peacock? So no real reason to get Peacock just for figure skating?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
OK so I clicked on that link, it looks like NBC will carry everything that’s on Peacock? So no real reason to get Peacock just for figure skating?
Peacock shows every skater. NBC usually does not.
Peacock has the international feed - sometimes with commentary, sometimes without. It does have the TES tracker, which is nice, especially when there isn't commentary. And, Peacock is live. So, as long as you pay attention to the event schedule which is available on each GP's detailed results page, you should be able to find the link stream in Peacock.

I know others have issues with finding the event streams in Peacock but I've never had a problem when I go to the Sports tab or just do a generalized search for figure skating. 🤷‍♀️

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Searching in Peacock, directly on the SmartTV, can be a cumbersome bear. Once I know that the icons are up for specific segments of an upcoming competition, I take the time to open each one & click “put on Watch List.” So when the actual competition starts, every segment is on my initial Peacock screen, on the Watch List. No need to search...wake up at 2am (for Asian events), make coffee, turn on TV, say “Peacock” into the remote control...and see it on the Watch List. Press button & voila!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Back in March I paid for a month of peacocks so I could watch worlds and it wasn’t difficult to find at all in fact they were marketing it heavily. as soon as I clicked on the Peacock app there were avatars to click on on the first page to watch the world figure skating championships

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I've debated getting Peacock. I did for USOpen tennis a few years ago and it was not worth it. Maybe I'll do it, though it annoys me if I have to pay for something that should be free...

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Peacock Premium is $4.99 a month- get it for the skating seasons and then you can drop it, or find a yearly special that greatly reduces the cost. Years and years of a season pass on Ice Network was much more expensive, and we are seeing the content now with much less buffering/issues. It’s also much cheaper than any standard cable package. You also have thousands of other things you can watch for your money during the time you have it. I’m 👌🏼 with Peacock.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Peacock Premium is $4.99 a month- get it for the skating seasons and then you can drop it, or find a yearly special that greatly reduces the cost. Years and years of a season pass on Ice Network was much more expensive, and we are seeing the content now with much less buffering/issues. It’s also much cheaper than any standard cable package. You also have thousands of other things you can watch for your money during the time you have it. I’m 👌🏼 with Peacock.
Thanks, I'm convinced now. Peacock it is.

Sylvia

TBD
USFS' press release for 2021 Skate America includes the TV & streaming schedule (copied out below) and I've created a thread in the Skate America subforum in the Kiss & Cry section:

2021 GUARANTEED RATE SKATE AMERICA ON NBC and NBCSN
(Eastern time; subject to change; check local listings.)

Friday, Oct. 22 | 9 p.m. - 12 a.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Saturday, Oct. 23 | 5:30-8 p.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Saturday, Oct. 23 | 10 p.m. - 1 a.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Sunday, Oct. 24 | 3-6 p.m. | NBC (Live)

2021 GUARANTEED RATE SKATE AMERICA PEACOCK PREMIUM STREAMING SCHEDULE
(Eastern time, subject to change)

Friday, Oct. 22 | Pairs short program | 8:58 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 22 | Men's short program | 10:23 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 | Rhythm dance | 4:45 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 | Women's short program | 6:20 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 | Pairs free skate | 9:18 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 | Men's free skate | 11:01 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24 | Free dance | 2:10 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24 | Women's free skate | 4:04 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24 | Skating Spectacular (not available for streaming) | 9:30 p.m. - :( hope NBC will air something at a later date?

Excerpt from the press release:
Terry Gannon will handle play-by-play responsibilities and will be joined by reporter Andrea Joyce throughout the event. Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski, three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir will call the action with Gannon for the women's, men's and pairs events, while 2006 Olympic silver medalist Tanith White will join for the ice dance segments.
Peacock Premium will provide live and on-demand coverage of the entire event. Additionally, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA will present encore coverage from Skate America® and all Grand Prixes this season the week following the competition's conclusion.

Last edited:

love skating

Clueless American
NBCSN has three live airings (One on Friday night and two on Saturday). You can find the whole schedule along with other Skate America info here:

Edited to add- never mind I see the schedule was already posted by the wonderful Sylvia. Still a fun link for Skate America anyway!

deegee

omg i just realized that i have peacock premium as part of my internet bundle 😭😭😭

gonna watch the challenger series now

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
omg i just realized that i have peacock premium as part of my internet bundle 😭😭😭

gonna watch the challenger series now
How do I find out if I do? I know that I just paid my internet bill to Xfinity personally last week.

Jammers

So is Peacock Premium showing not just SA but all of the GP season? Are they going to be showing Worlds and every other major ISU event like 4CC and Europeans too?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
How do I find out if I do? I know that I just paid my internet bill to Xfinity personally last week.
When you go to the Peacock app or log onto it on your browser it will ask you to sign in and you can select your cable provider at that time.

Apparently I need to get a new cable box to play Peacock directly from the Apps so I just stream from my phone to the TV and that works fine (super-annoying that I need a new box for Peacock since I can play Netflix and YouTube just fine with my current box, but whatever, lol).

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
super-annoying that I need a new box for Peacock since I can play Netflix and YouTube just fine with my current box, but whatever, lol
My provider says that it’s the software and the older boxes don’t have the RAM necessary to run the new software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information