US Celebrity Big Brother 2

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Anyone watch the premiere? I like this cast more than last season. No major thoughts yet but I think Eva Marie is the one to watch. Jonathan might get irritating with his over-the-top delivery of every single line/constant shocked face, but I want to like him too.

Catherine M

Since I've bailed on the Bachelor this season, I found my way to the premiere episode and I actually enjoyed it. Lolo Jones looks to be crazy, Ryan the swimmer seems harmless, Tamara is going for all the air time she can get, and Tom Green had some great talking head bits.

So looking forward to part 2 tonight though US senior nationals starting on Thursday means I'll have to DVR the rest of the premiere week and watch later.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I watched it and enjoyed it too. I liked Ryan Lochte more than I thought I would. Tom Green was enjoyable. Tamar Braxton is going to grate on me very shortly.

jamesy

delightful
I like the accelerated schedule the celebrity edition uses, but like Catherine, that means I’ll probably have a backlog of recorded episodes.

Having the HGs who couldn’t compete be immune from eviction could be seen coming from a mile away, but bravo on having one member of the winning team be an automatic nominee. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

smurfy

I watched it! Enjoyable.
First impressions:

Tamar - get off my screen - NOW - got on my nerves, I can not imagine being in the house with her
Eva Marie - I agree - one to watch - and I love her purple hair
Kato - interesting - could be one to watch or get out. I think some of the young ones have no idea who he is. The murder was 24 years ago.
Ryan Lochte - dumb frat boy
Dina Lohan - dumb plastic (as in plastic surgery, not necessarily mean girl)
Kandy - housewife - may not be as bad as I think
Lolo - seems ok so far, why people feel the need to let the public know they are a virgin is something I think is TMI
Jonathan Bennett - another one to keep an eye on
Tom Green - not impressed, how many times can you offer someone sandwiches
Joey Lawrence - seems likeable
the Mooch - who cares, but think he might be entertaining
Ricky Williams - seems like a nice guy, under the radar type / gentle giant maybe?

Let the games begin.

Susan1

I watched it! Enjoyable.
First impressions:

Tamar - get off my screen - NOW - got on my nerves, I can not imagine being in the house with her
Eva Marie - I agree - one to watch - and I love her purple hair
Kato - interesting - could be one to watch or get out. I think some of the young ones have no idea who he is. The murder was 24 years ago.
Ryan Lochte - dumb frat boy
Dina Lohan - dumb plastic (as in plastic surgery, not necessarily mean girl)
Kandy - housewife - may not be as bad as I think
Lolo - seems ok so far, why people feel the need to let the public know they are a virgin is something I think is TMI
Jonathan Bennett - another one to keep an eye on
Tom Green - not impressed, how many times can you offer someone sandwiches
Joey Lawrence - seems likeable
the Mooch - who cares, but think he might be entertaining
Ricky Williams - seems like a nice guy, under the radar type / gentle giant maybe?

Let the games begin.
How many times is Ryan going to mention his medals? I guess these people have to keep telling the audience what they are famous for. And, yeah, I said say sandwich one more time. I hope the Mooch gets to vent more before he is eliminated.

I only watched the first episode of the first season and quit. Even though I don't know and/or don't like a lot of these people, they seem more interesting or capable or something. I guess I'll watch while I am DVRing other stuff.

smurfy

Susan1 - give it a chance. Celebrity BB last year was good. In general many of the celebs are older than the summer houseguests, many are married/in relationships and not there for 'showmances'. And it is a shorter season so I really liked it.

Wow about the spoiler - hope we learn the details.

Update on my impressions....
Joey Lawrence - where does he think he is???? doesn't like alliances - too funny and not good gameplay
Interesting how some folks know another house guest.
Tamar - and Kandy - I think they were in cahoots before the season began,
and same with Ryan and Lolo. Not sure about Bennett and Dinah - if they have a plan or not. She seems flaky.
Several appear to be really playing.
Is Ricky Williams still there??
There seem to be those that are playing (the 6 including Ryan etal and maybe the 3 guys)and the others that will get picked off.

And at least I got an answer to a question I had with Ryan planning on the 2020 Olys - he has a pool. I saw the workout equipment the first night - but I bet the special pool was part of his requirements.

Sparks

Tamar and Kandi have some professional beef. They have been fighting inside the house.

Susan1

Susan1 - give it a chance. Celebrity BB last year was good. In general many of the celebs are older than the summer houseguests, many are married/in relationships and not there for 'showmances'. And it is a shorter season so I really liked it.
I'll try. :)
Not having showmances and being a short season is good, but it's not on any set days of the week. I'll have to make a list. I've got so much stuff DVRing (and Nationals), I can't ask it to do two things at 8:00 and two things at 9:00 and watch another channel because they overlap from 8:59 to 9:01 and I can only have 4 things at once.

ETA:
The full Celebrity Big Brother 2019 schedule (PT/ET)
Episode 1: Monday, Jan. 21, 8:00-9:00 PM (Season Premiere)
Episode 2: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 8:00-9:00 PM
Episode 3: Wednesday, Jan. 23, 8:00-9:00 PM
Episode 4: Friday, Jan. 25, 8:00-9:00 PM
Episode 5: Sunday, Jan. 27, 8:00-9:00 PM
Episode 6: Monday, Jan. 28, 8:00-9:00 PM
Episode 7: Wednesday, Jan. 30, 8:00-9:00 PM
Episode 8: Saturday, Feb. 2, 8:00-9:00 PM
Episode 9: Monday, Feb. 4, 9:00-10:00 PM (New Start Time)
Episode 10: Thursday, Feb. 7, 9:00-10:00 PM
Episode 11: Friday, Feb. 8, 8:00-10:00 PM (Double Eviction)
Episode 12: Monday, Feb. 11, 9:00-10:00 PM
Episode 13: Wednesday, Feb. 13, 9:00-11:00 PM (Two-Hour Finale)

Last edited:

smurfy

Try cbs.com. I usually can watch shows online ( not the pay cbs site) for free. Usually not the same day but available the next day. Search for show and click on episodes.

Twilight1

I loved Eva Marie on WWE and Total Divas. Her persona and herself are so different. She is a fighter and she will be loyal but have no issue slashing you to win. I like that in a BB winner haha

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Team kandi and tamar I guess. Lolo is nuts, ricky is boring. dina is cute but does nothing

Susan1

Team kandi and tamar I guess. Lolo is nuts, ricky is boring. dina is cute but does nothing
I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on Lolo. She's always bent over and bouncing up and down and ready to go like she is on the starting block. Creepy.
I liked all the guys who are gone, even Mooch. They should have known the women were all going to band together and formed a guy alliance.

smurfy

I have been watching, but always a day or 2 behind.
Seems to be going by fast and most seem to be playing.
I have only been watching the CBS shows, haven't had time to go to websites and read about the 24 hour streams.
What has Ricky done that Tom targeted him? Seems like Lolo, Kandi and Tamar have been doing work and previously Kato and Tom.
Back last week - when Tamar won the prize voted by the audience - she is popular? Or just that she provides the crazy is why she won?

As much as I do not like Kandi and Tamar - they have a good alliance and surprisingly Kandi has a good view of what is actually going on. And I agree - Lolo is annoying and does look like she is always in the starting block. She seems be getting stir crazy.

smurfy

I watched it all the way to the end. The ending was just blah.
I hate that Tamar pulled the needs the money card - no reason to vote for that.
I was reading on jokersupdates that many think it was fixed.
Lolo made herself seem like a petulant child and was angry at Ricky.
Not as good as last season. So strange that it just felt rushed compared to last year when it was on during the Olympics and I kept up with both the skating the BB.
I will watch in the summer - but wish they made it a little shorter, instead of 3 + months - how abot 8-10 weeks.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I will watch in the summer - but wish they made it a little shorter, instead of 3 + months - how abot 8-10 weeks.

99 days was way too much but I get that they don’t have anything else to fill the time in the summer and they know they will get solid ratings anyways.

They always take such a long time to get things going so that we have the opportunity to get to know all of the houseguests, and then cram the double evictions and sped up weeks into the very end. Honestly, with the way Level 6 was winning everything last season (even by virtue of a lot of stupid mistakes), I probably would have tuned out till the end if not for knowing JC. It just seemed (and was) so long.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I've always thought it was a mistake to go past Labour Day. It's a summer show, by the time we get to September it's run its course IMO. Kinda like hockey playoffs in June :)

Habs

A bitch from Canada
We went on a vacation earlier this month, and then I was really sick and not able to watch TV, so I was really behind on Big Brother. I watched a couple of episodes and didn't like anyone, so I quit. Deleted the series off my PVR and have no regrets. :lol:
I'll try again when the summer season starts, but I think my BB fandom may have run its course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information