UPDATED: Jason Brown to Brian Orser (official)

wickedwitch

Great interview, but...
FSO: What did you learn from David (Wilson)?

JB: He has this incredible ability of making the skaters look super mature on the ice and grown up and that is something that I really love about his choreography.
Jason, it's great to look mature, but you don't need to be imitating 80 year olds to do so.

Tavi

You didn't explain your comment.
Did you see his SP and FS from France? Resulted in a silver medal. Doubt an 80 year old could pull that off.

Yes. I think you misunderstood. Jason is my favorite skater. The comment someone made about an 80 year old was in reference to (1) the FS music and (2) his old grandfather type cardigan sweater. Cheers.

PDilemma

@Tavi , I saw Simon and Garfunkel in 2004 on their reunion tour. The crowd ranged from people their age ( early 60s at the time) to people in their early 20s. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is for 80 year olds. Paul Simon is one of the greatest American songwriters of all time. He has more Grammies and American Music Awards than I'm guessing would fit in your house, is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist and with Garfunkel, is in the Songwriters Hall of Fame, won the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, is a Kennedy Center Honor recipient, and more.

Just because music wasn't released last week doesn't mean it is not valid to skate to or for anything else.

Tavi

@Tavi , I saw Simon and Garfunkel in 2004 on their reunion tour. The crowd ranged from people their age ( early 60s at the time) to people in their early 20s. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is for 80 year olds. Paul Simon is one of the greatest American songwriters of all time. He has more Grammies and American Music Awards than I'm guessing would fit in your house, is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist and with Garfunkel, is in the Songwriters Hall of Fame, won the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, is a Kennedy Center Honor recipient, and more.

Just because music wasn't released last week doesn't mean it is not valid to skate to or for anything else.

Umm. Please don’t put words in my mouth. If you look at post 602, which is where the 80 year old comment was originally made, you will see that I did not write it. The fact that I tried to explain to Dream Skates what I thought the comment referred to says nothing about whether I agree with it.

wickedwitch

I think that Jason's LP is stylized like one would an 80 year old, hence my comment. Obviously, I do not believe his physical capabilities resemble that of an 80 year old.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
"Old friends, old friends
Sat on their park bench like bookends
A newspaper blown through the grass
Falls on the round toes
Of the high shoes of the old friends

"Old friends, winter companions, the old men
Lost in their overcoats, waiting for the sunset
The sounds of the city sifting through trees
Settles like dust on the shoulders of the old friends

"Can you imagine us years from today
Sharing a park bench quietly
How terribly strange to be seventy

"Old friends, memory brushes the same years
Silently sharing the same fears..."

caseyedwards

Isn’t orser supposed to be like good for jumps?!? Brown has no jumps. He’s behind where orser was in 1984

caseyedwards

I see caseyedwards has taken his trolling here from the IdF thread. If you had bothered to read any of the articles posted in this thread (one excerpt: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...an-orser-official.104001/page-20#post-5446411 ), Orser & Co. are revamping Jason's jumps (his 3A already looks improved this season) and the process will take time.

Trolling? Lol. That’s ridiculous. I’m supposed to believe Jason brown doing his usual program jump content is him in the middle of some kind of revamp?! Lmao! I know you are smart enough to know skater PR spin. They never plan to add quads or anything. Orser has given up!! Can’t do anything. So just PR spin!

Tavi

Trolling? Lol. That’s ridiculous. I’m supposed to believe Jason brown doing his usual program jump content is him in the middle of some kind of revamp?! Lmao! I know you are smart enough to know skater PR spin. They never plan to add quads or anything. Orser has given up!! Can’t do anything. So just PR spin!

:violin:Jason Brown has the 4th highest SP score this season without a quad.

caseyedwards

All I can say is that it’s good thing you’re not a lawyer because your logic leaves something to be desired. :)
So where is the quad salchow? It’s not even in the free skate! The issue is Ade couldn’t get brown to world medals quadless but orser will!

Tavi

So where is the quad salchow? It’s not even in the free skate! The issue is Ade couldn’t get brown to world medals quadless but orser will!

Other good reasons for you not to be a lawyer: lack of research skills and the inability to reason critically when presented with a fact pattern:

Exhibit A: Planned program content, see p10: http://cloud.isu.org/index.php/s/v4...files=gpfra2018_Men_PlannedProgramEntries.pdf

Exhibit B: videotape of practice today, see Jason in corner falling on multiple quad attempts: https://twitter.com/karabasama/status/1066237125509603328?s=21

Exhibit C, Testimony of Jason Brown: https://twitter.com/inthelopodcast/status/1066345929358356480?s=21

:) :):)

caseyedwards

Other good reasons for you not to be a lawyer: lack of research skills and the inability to reason critically when presented with a fact pattern:

Exhibit A: Planned program content, see p10: http://cloud.isu.org/index.php/s/v4nDFwM0LFE07XD/download?path=/&files=gpfra2018_Men_PlannedProgramEntries.pdf

Exhibit B: videotape of practice today, see Jason in corner falling on multiple quad attempts: https://twitter.com/karabasama/status/1066237125509603328?s=21

Exhibit C, Testimony of Jason Brown: https://twitter.com/inthelopodcast/status/1066345929358356480?s=21

:):):)
Of course everyone knows the way to make a quad ready for competition is to never do it in competition! Why would you ever use a competitive environment to try an element? That doesn’t make any sense!! You only learn jumps by not doing them in competition. TEXTBOOK!

Classic putting on a sheet to not do it! PR 101

What would be so bad about falling on a quad in competition?!

Tavi

Of course everyone knows the way to make a quad ready for competition is to never do it in competition! Why would you ever use a competitive environment to try an element? That doesn’t make any sense!! You only learn jumps by not doing them in competition. TEXTBOOK!

Classic putting on a sheet to not do it! PR 101

What would be so bad about falling on a quad in competition?!

Im sorry George or Casey or whatever your name is, but this is getting boring.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I am guessing that M & M is more Tavi's speed, where every second lyric rhymes with pluck!

Tavi

I am guessing that M & M is more Tavi's speed, where every second word rhymes with pluck!

Excuse me? Just for the record, once upon a time I sang opera professionally, so no, I have no issues with music that wasn’t released recently. Also for the record, I grew up listening to Simon & Garfunkel. And even more for the record, the word I’m thinking of right now rhymes with blunt. If that isn’t too tough for you to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information