U.S. TV figure skating schedule for 2020-21 (NBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel)

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I signed up for peacock through Apple App Store. It is super easy to cancel and then subscribe. Due to limited skating this season I just subscribe for a month, cancel, subscribe, cancel. Waiting to subscribe again on the 23rd (unless they decide to air practices earlier). $15 for the limited GP, all of Nationals (with juniors) and all of Worlds is a bargain. Hopefully next season I can just subscribe in the fall and keep it through April.

love skating

Clueless American
I figured out why the West Coast NBC timeslot for the Ladies Free on Saturday is at 6:30 pm. It's so they can show SNL live at 8:30 pm which they have been doing for the West Coast now for a while. Otherwise they probably would've shown the skating at 8 pm like usual. Since it's all tape delayed anyway I don't mind but I still am mad when they always show the Nationals Ladies Free live on the East Coast but we on the West Coast have to wait 3 hrs. to watch it tape delayed.

Yuri

I've got my Peacock Premium linked for free to my Xfinity account and don't see any figure skating listed until the Ladies Short Program on Wednesday morning (USA time). Have we confirmed that Peacock isn't showing any practices from Worlds?

Sylvia

TBD
2021 World Team Trophy livestreaming and NBCSN same day broadcast times were announced today:
https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...m-for-world-team-trophy-television-times.aspx
U.S. Figure Skating also announced that in addition to the competition being available live and in its entirety on Peacock Premium, there will also be three broadcasts of 2021 World Team Trophy on NBCSN, all same-day delayed broadcasts.

Thursday, April 15 | 11:30 p.m. ā€“ 1:30 a.m. ET | NBCSN
Friday, April 16 | 6 ā€“ 8 p.m. ET | NBCSN
Sunday, April 18 | Midnight ā€“ 2 a.m. ET | NBCSN

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
If you live in the US and have access to the US Olympic Channel, this thursday you have a marathon

Eastern Time

08:00 am​

TV Sport
World Figure Skating Championships

Ladies' Short Program​

10:00 am​

TV Sport

Ladies' Free Skate​

12:30 pm​

TV Sport

Men's Short Program​

2:30 pm​

TV Sport

Men's Free Skate​

4:30 pm​

TV Sport

Pairs' Short Program​

6:00 pm​

TV Sport

Pairs' Free Skate​

8:00 pm​

TV Sport

Rhythm Dance​

10:00 pm​

TV Sport

Free Dance​

DreamSkates

Peacock = LIVE (and On Demand) FULL coverage, you will need to pay 5 dollars for a month.
NBCSN / NBC = Pairs Short, Ladies Short & Free Live Final 2 groups, Dance & Men same day delayed coverage highlights.
Does this mean that Peacock will be streaming the World Team Trophy?

Sylvia

TBD
NBC's 3-hour Worlds recap starts off with Hawayek/Baker's FD (eta) followed by Gilles/Poirier, Chock/Bates, Hubbell/Donohue Sinitsina/Katsalapov.

Ladies FS: Trusova (no Hendrickx :(), Tennell, Chen, Tuktamysheva, Kihira, Shcherbakova
Pairs FS: Knierim/Frazier, highlights of Mishina/Galliamov
Men FS (final 7): Brown, Uno, Messing, Kolyada, Chen, Kagiyama, Hanyu

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Banned Member
2021 World Team Trophy broadcast schedule (live on Peacock Premium & delayed on NBCSN):

I confess I will not be up at 1AM (CST) to watch live. Is anyone interested in an on-demand watch party at a more reasonable time? I'm not sure how quickly Peacock gets the replays up... perhaps someone knows?

Sylvia

TBD
I'm not sure how quickly Peacock gets the replays up... perhaps someone knows?
I woke up to watch the WTT Men's SP live and Peacock's replays were already up for the RD and Ladies' SP. The Men's SP replay took about 2 hours to become available (it's up now).

ETA:

Tanith White is hosting/commentating for NBCSN's broadcasts, along with Lipinski/Weir.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Just realized WTT Day 2 highlights on NBCSN started at 6 pm Eastern time - Pairs SP shown in first half hour.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Unusually for skating highlights, last night's show ran long. The recording on my DVR cut off right before Anna skated!

BaileyCatts

They are replaying all the NBCSN broadcasts tonight on Olympic Channel. Was the Day 3 broadcast the only one that ran long?

rhubarb

Unusually for skating highlights, last night's show ran long. The recording on my DVR cut off right before Anna skated!
Same for me. :( But if you get the Olympic Channel you can still record it tonight.

They are replaying all the NBCSN broadcasts tonight on Olympic Channel. Was the Day 3 broadcast the only one that ran long?
Thank you for the tip. Indeed they are, show 1 followed by shows 2 and 3.

For me only show 3 got cut off. If you want to be sure you don't miss anything, I think just recording the entire block of 3 shows and adding 15 minutes to the end of show 3 ought to get everything.

Thanks, everyone, for all the helpful info.

Sylvia

TBD
NBCSN showed their entire WTT Day 3 broadcast without cutting anything out (it started about 12 mins. late and ran 12 mins. late - refer to my post #141 above) so the Olympic Channel's broadcast should be the normal length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information