Twice is nice, Three times the charm

Seerek

Some skaters do the same program year in - year out. They may use different music, but the blocking is identical.

This is so true. Katarina Witt's short programs for 8 consecutive seasons (1981-1988) were almost exactly the same in placement and sequence of elements (it was borderline spooky).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The only thing that will make Ashley competitive at the Olympics is to skate clean. Going back to Moulin Rouge makes that a real possibility. So it's a good move as far as I'm concerned.

Wouldn't that be the third time for that program?

giselle23

With Ashley Wagnor's announcement that she is going back to Moulin Rouge this season, I was trying to think back on skaters who have used a competitive program for three complete seasons. While a repeat season can work, especially if the skater has not competed that much, I am somewhat leary of how Ashley can make this program appealing again. While it is I think the best program with lyrics that has been offered since the rule change, am nervous she can never recapture the audience involvement she got at 2016 Worlds.

This is off-topic but the discussion about Moulin Rouge made me think this is a good place to post it. It's Sasha Cohen skating to Moulin Rouge! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBV8Tntg_o

(Gosh, I'd forgotten what a beautiful skater Sasha was!)

skatak

Thing is, to evaluate if a skater is reusing an old program, you would need someone in the jury specifically deciding on that; judges come and go, and if i believe most of them like the sport and watch competitions they dont judge, you can not ask them to remember all the programs from all the skaters from the previous years !

As much as I prefer new programs I m ok with reusing old ones if they are skated well. In an olympic season that is quite usual, specially for skaters that will stop afterwards.

(and what about skaters that use an old program... of their coach ? ^^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information