Thoroughbred Racing 2020

sk8pics

I agree @Vagabond! Really seemed like she was eyeballing him. I remember a piece after Rags’ win, saying she had Curlin by the throat and did not let go. Same for Swiss Skydiver. And they were quite a distance ahead of the rest of the field!

Vagabond

I agree @Vagabond! Really seemed like she was eyeballing him. I remember a piece after Rags’ win, saying she had Curlin by the throat and did not let go. Same for Swiss Skydiver. And they were quite a distance ahead of the rest of the field!
Interestingly, the same jockeys were involved. Robby Albarado rode Curlin and Swiss Skydiver, and John Velazquez rode Rags to Riches and Authentic.

sk8pics

I think you could just google it and find it on line. Or try BloodHorse.com, it’s probably embedded in their article.

sk8pics

Steve Haskin has a great column on the female equine stars we’ve seen this year, and Swiss Skydiver is top of the list. Go to secretariat.com and click on Steve Haskin to see a drop down list of recent blog articles.

skipaway

Breeders Cup started today at Keeneland. I am watching on TVG b/c Kurt Becker is calling the races instead of Colmus the screamer. Oh, and they have the feed from Keeneland, not the horrible NBC camera angles and overhead shots of the race.

Last edited:

skipaway

Congratulations to champion Monomoy Girl, what an awesome mare.

Congratulations to Authentic, winner of the Classic.

Funny story about Authentic: I was at work yesterday and usually carry those Dove milk chocolate squares in my scrub pocket. The wrappers have these inspirational messages and 2 of the chocolates I ate had a message reading: Be your Authentic self.
If my state allowed pari-mutual betting...no doubt I’d have put a boat load on Authentic for the win! Might have even made enough for retirement 😜🏇🏇

sk8pics

Authentic was the favorite, wasn’t he?

I saw some criticism of the way Keeneland prepared the track; it was like a speedway and so the dirt races were not very exciting. One horse died yesterday in an early race, sadly. It made me remember George Washington, who should never have been running that day and who saved his jockey in the process of losing his own life.

skipaway

Authentic was the favorite, wasn’t he?

I saw some criticism of the way Keeneland prepared the track; it was like a speedway and so the dirt races were not very exciting. One horse died yesterday in an early race, sadly. It made me remember George Washington, who should never have been running that day and who saved his jockey in the process of losing his own life.
No, Tiz the Law was the favorite followed by Improbable. Authentic was 3rd choice.
The track was blazing fast with a lot of track records broken. Absolutely Aiden broke down in the Lafayette Stakes and interfer with 2 other horses in the stretch. 😥

sk8pics

Goldikova died this week at something like 16. She won the Breeders‘ Cup mile 3 times, the only horse to have done that. And with Beholder, another famous race are, she’s the only horse to win three Breeders’ Cup races. She won more than $7 million in her career, and more than $3 million in Breeders’ Cup races alone. I was there when she won in 2010. She was a dainty little thing, with her mane beautifully braided, but she towered over her competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information