The Trashiest of the Trash Can - The Worst Skating Gossip Thread

bardtoob

I inaugurate this thread with:

Figure skater Johnny Weir's ex-husband accused of theft in Northbrook

A Georgia man once married to figure skater and broadcaster Johnny Weir was arrested and charged with stealing more than $1,000 in merchandise from a Northbrook store, according to police. Police said Victor S. Weir-Voronov, 34, was charged with felony retail theft at the Village Square of Northbrook center in connection with the Sept. 22 incident. When reached Monday, Weir-Voronov denied stealing anything from the store. "This is not true," said Weir-Voronov, 34, refusing further comment.

... the security guard watched Weir-Voronov take eight pairs of sunglasses and four scarves, worth $1,011, without paying ... the incident also was captured on security footage.

Last edited:

nimi

I especially appreciate how in the text his age, 34, is specified two, 2, times as being thirty-four, 34. Stylistic flourish like that really adds to the article!

Thank you, bardtoob! Now the bar has been set, and it's pretty low. Looking forward to seeing articles that manage clear it (limbo-style). :watch:

Last edited:

Eeyora1

Is he still called Victor Weir-Voronov? Aren't they divorced?
Well as guess he wanted to remain relavent. I can see keeping someone’s last name only if you’ve been married a long time or have children together! Maybe it’s for Тема’s sake.

nimi

In honor of the Olympics and the bad "skating" "journalism" that abounds, I'm going to *BUMP* this thread because why not.

Trashy Buzzfeed polls go here, right? I came across this one on twitter and... well, you be the judge. :judge:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information