The Shibutanis Thread 4: Ready for Paradise

chapis

Why would she plan her wedding during the GP season?--just kidding
Hopefully she has a short honeymoon and is back before SA.

I was thinking the same :lol:, I think 3 days for honeymoon are enough, right? :p

So maybe someone close to the Shibs is reading this thread because just as Chapis is wishing for the champs camp vlog the Shibs upload their new vlog. Lol :biggrinbo

https://youtu.be/baT8VwEUK-c

Yay!!:watch:. And they added ¨And don´t worry...the Rostelecom Cup vlog is coming next¨ nobody can say that they don´t care about their fans :D

Spun Silver

This is EXACTLY why my wedding was in September. Before ANY major skating events. ;)
(Actual story: Husband picked out date before we got engaged on Christmas Eve 2008).
Nice try, @Mrs. P. Hehe.

Your husband sounds cooler and cooler. Christmas Eve — what a lovely time to propose, and with a date all ready! He is clearly an organized man.

Mrs. P

^ I'll be sure to extend your compliments to him. :)

Just FYI on SkAM schedule

SD: 7:32 p.m. -8:51 p.m. EST
FD: 1:54 p.m. - 3:25 p.m. EST

Sort of a quick turnaround --not even 24 hours between the two.

Not that I like the schedule for the Shibs, but having it on Sat/Sun (rather than Friday/Saturday) will be such a treat for me. This week is going to be tough for me, work wise.

Last edited:

MRani

^ I'll be sure to extend your compliments to him. :)

Just FYI on SkAM schedule

SD: 7:32 p.m. -8:51 p.m. EST
FD: 1:54 p.m. - 3:25 p.m. EST

Sort of a quick turnaround --not even 24 hours between the two.

Whoah that’s ridiculous. So the SD ends late in the evening and the FD is afternoon the next day? :eek:

And now I feel guilty for being a little happy because that schedule actually works out perfectly for me being able to watch live :shuffle:

MRani

It’s way less than a 24 hour turn-around, only about 17 hours. Maybe it has something to do with the broadcasting? Apparently they’re really trying milk SkAm this year as a prequel event to Nationals and Olympics for the greater public.

Spun Silver

You guys think 8:51 pm is late??

At least it affects all the teams equally. It will probably be harder on the audience than the skaters, TBH.

How nice to be in home time at last! I hope there’s a nice crowd... but Thanksgiving weekend - I doubt it. Maybe an informed one, though, given the location.

MRani

I don’t think 8:51 PM is late. I just think it’s a little surprising having the FD begin less than 18 hours after the SD ends. I’m sure the athletes will be fine, but it seems rare for the turnaround between SD and FD to be so quick.

Oh well, from a selfish standpoint I’m happy I have to wait less to see the FDs after the SDs! :cheer2:

chapis

You guys think 8:51 pm is late??

At least it affects all the teams equally. It will probably be harder on the audience than the skaters, TBH.

How nice to be in home time at last! I hope there’s a nice crowd... but Thanksgiving weekend - I doubt it. Maybe an informed one, though, given the location.

yes, but remember that the Shibs will be compared to teams that are not competing at Skate America :shuffle:.

chapis

Actually, they will be performing 3 programs in 24h, SD, FD and gala, w..t..h?. They could better stay in Michigan and arrive to Lake Placid at friday night or saturday :lol:

Eastern Standard Time
Short dance saturday 25 nov 19:30h
Free dance sunday 26 nov 13:55h
Gala sunday 19:30h

VGThuy

Hey guys, just checking in. I'm excited and nervous to see how the Shibs score here, and though I don't expect many changes to their FD, I am hoping for a much more assured and together performance of it. Alex and Maia seem hungry and aware and I trust their instincts.

Spun Silver

I still believe these two have a shot for the very top of the Oly podium, if skating is judged as it's actually done.

I like your optimism. Some of us Shibs fans here are worrywarts, so it's great to see posts that have positivity.

These posts took me aback a little but on second thought I appreciate them. I guess my gut feeling is that since the OGM has been called a two horse race so many times since last season (and a one horse race before that) that I took it for granted that the Shibs were in a race for bronze. Especially after their nerve-wracking last Worlds. It seems the judges have almost made up their minds.

But I don’t think athletes at the Shibs’ level aim for bronze, they fight for gold. Not only are they going to be right there and ready if any slippery-ice problems befall V/M or P/C but they and their OGM-expert coach and team are working to create masterpiece programs. SD—check. FD—on the way, we’ll see this weekend. They may be like Karen Chen at last year’s Nats, “quiet assassins.” :) I think they want to make it as hard as possible for the judges. And it’s good for all of us to dream of para para paradise for them.

ETA: So is it done, VGT? I hope it was beautiful. Wishing a full life of happiness together to you both!

chapis

Hey guys, just checking in. I'm excited and nervous to see how the Shibs score here, and though I don't expect many changes to their FD, I am hoping for a much more assured and together performance of it. Alex and Maia seem hungry and aware and I trust their instincts.

Thanks for coming to the thread at this moment, it is really appreciated. Congrats!!!

And I have no doubs that the Shibs are totally capable to get world and olympic gold medal, regardless other people say.

suki

VIETgrlTerifa, You are truly a woman with her priorities straight. Taking time from your honeymoon to grace us with your commentary. Bravo! I hope you had a great wedding and will have a wonderful life together with your husband. It has not been the same without you for the last few days. So glad you are back.:cheer2:

Jessica

Just adding my best wishes on your nuptials.

I just knew you couldn't stay away. You're their number one fan.

MRani

Believe me, I'm not making a big sacrifice since I'm not honeymooning till the summer, but spending time off from work with family until after Thanksgiving. So I'll be around more than I have been these past week.

Awesome! Dissecting the Shibs’ performances just won’t be the same without you ;)

I don’t know if you did this on purpose but good job on not letting your honeymoon interfere with Olympic season :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information