Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
They might have gotten nervous after Day One and then felt committed even after Day Two went so well? It is interesting. I wish they'd made some swaps but it's so easy to second-guess after the fact.

It just didn't look right from the very beginning to leave off an experienced pair that could do as well as M/G in the SP, and make M/G skate both Programs. Other countries don't swap because they don't have so much talent. In the women's it was a similar situation. Leaving off the reigning world champion and making the potential OGM winner skate both programs didn't make sense. The fed knew how good their skaters are.

Fadeevfanboy

The could have subbed T/M and then Anna or Sasha, ended up with the same places, and the same overall results… and probably two better skates.

And I think M/G would be happier going into the individual by avoiding either a)losing the short to Sui & Han. Not a big deal as it was barely, they skated great and barely lost to a clean S&H, but still given that they haven't even been losing programs all year apart from that one event they fell is probably a big of a confidence hit. b)skating only the short and avoiding that fall and rare skate with some mistakes in the LP. I think from any perspective their skating one program would have been much better for them going into the individual. Of course that is hindsight.

And you can see the stress building on Valieva. I still think she will win the individual gold most likely, but the pressure on that girl is unbelievable. And she looked dissatisfied with her long, and you can see the pressure on her building, despite that her skate was basically a victory lap. Would have been good to have Anna or Sasha skate a program for some relief.

Dance I am not sure. I have not heard if Stepanova & Bukin have even arrived, and I definitely would not use Diana Davis. If S&B were available they would be a viable option for a sub too.

I am not sure why the Russian fed thinks having their biggest favorite skate both programs in Team boosts them. It really hasn't for any of them.

NAOTMAA

On the other forum the only theory they could come up with is because Anna&Sasha and T/M&B/K split nationals and Euros the fed. didn't want to pick favorites so they just went with the champs with won both events. It makes sense but the idea of the Russian fed. thinking of skaters feelings and not playing favorites :rofl:

Scott512

The Russian fed. ALWAYS put their eggs in one basket. They never "spread the wealth" even though Anna or Sasha could have easily crused to victory in ladies like Kamila did and T/M and B/K could have beaten everyone else in their field too. And with gold already secured there was no reason to agitate Nikita's back any further in the free. But nope when they have chosen ones they back then 1000% percent over everyone else. I hope it doesn't backfire. I'm more worried about dance then pairs
Ist absolutely nuts what the Russian figure skating Federation dead and you made the most important point about Nikita's back. Once Karen struggled in her skate in the short program and finished in fifth place and Nathan did not do the free skate that competition was over so Russia could have put any couple in there or any single skater and they would have won easily. They could have even put Diana's dance team in there and they would have still won the gold by seven or eight points.

Eteri has done so much for Russian figure skating where would Russian figure skating be without her? I mean they couldn't give her pairs team and Anna gold medals for life? That's right they couldn't there was some kind of fuss from the professor or something like that and they just said the hell with it and let everybody skate twice which was absurd because you were subjecting them to possible coronavirus besides injury and the number one Russian pairs team had a bad fall in their free skate that they never should have skated. Because of that skate and that fall their chances that the individual gold are reduced so was it worth it Russian fed? Hell nyet!

I feel very badly that the world championship dance team from Russia lost to the Americans in both of their skates it's kind of embarrassing after they just won Europeans. They have almost no chance for the individual gold medal and probably won't even podium thanks to the crazy Russian figure skating Federation.

Also Anna is healthy and the defending world champion it's unheard of that a world champion did not skate in the team event at the Olympics.

I also think the people that make these decisions in the Russian figure skating Federation are like politicians and then they're not decent people. I wish they could swap out everyone in the Federation for younger more open minds and the same way the judges in figure skating to every Olympic cycle they should be turned over and judges made to retire for new judges.

Good luck T and M I hope they surprised everyone. Even with no fans there could be massive pressure on the Chinese team and that may affect them negatively. it would probably take something like that to beat them. One thing we know is the judges won't take it from the Chinese pair team because the judges made sure a very deserving Georgia team did not make the team event free skate over China by low balling the Georgia pairs team and Nastya. Many people predicted that would happen and it did. It's too bad this great sport isttainted by the judges and Corruption. And the Russian figure skating Federation tainted their teams gold medal with nonsense of not letting Anna and a pairs team get their gold medals.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
And I think M/G would be happier going into the individual by avoiding either a)losing the short to Sui & Han. Not a big deal as it was barely, they skated great and barely lost to a clean S&H, but still given that they haven't even been losing programs all year apart from that one event they fell is probably a big of a confidence hit. b)skating only the short and avoiding that fall and rare skate with some mistakes in the LP. I think from any perspective their skating one program would have been much better for them going into the individual. Of course that is hindsight.

And you can see the stress building on Valieva. I still think she will win the individual gold most likely, but the pressure on that girl is unbelievable. And she looked dissatisfied with her long, and you can see the pressure on her building, despite that her skate was basically a victory lap. Would have been good to have Anna or Sasha skate a program for some relief.

Dance I am not sure. I have not heard if Stepanova & Bukin have even arrived, and I definitely would not use Diana Davis. If S&B were available they would be a viable option for a sub too.

I am not sure why the Russian fed thinks having their biggest favorite skate both programs in Team boosts them. It really hasn't for any of them.
Russia would have won even if D/S had skated one program but it would have looked very bad to let them/her skate. Not sure why S/B didn't arrive earlier. May be the fed told them not to? I hope there is no medical issue.

Since the pairs are skating last, I don't think M/G will have a problem. They have the 'magician' Tamara coaching them. Her pairs overcome setbacks within a day. They will be fine.

My concern is that t/m have not had the chance to 'test' the Olympic ice, while most other top pairs have (except b/k). It will be a long gap between their last competition (European) and the pairs event. Will this affect their performance?

Last edited:

Fadeevfanboy

If Diana Davis had gotten to do the Team event over Stepanova & Bukin I would have been beyond pissed. As that would just be an injustice on every level. Thank goodness that didn't happen atleast.

I do wonder what happened with S&B that they didn't arrive earlier. If S&B were told to come later and could have been easily on time I would have used them rather than the political (and back) risk of having S&K do both programs. And sub in either T&M and Anna/Sasha for one program. If S&B were unavailable th en both T&M and Anna/Sasha. T&M in both cases if I can only choose one, and I guess Anna over Sasha only since she is reigning World Champ and a bit more consistent.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I feel like at one point, using t/m and Anna as subs was supposed to happen but didn’t. That may or may not have affected S/B’s departure. If they thought pairs and ladies were being split, then they may have thought it better to stay at home with all the ice time they want.

For t/m, it’s hard to figure out what will help or hurt then with mindset (I think the real solution is they need a permanent and supportive training environment.)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
On the other forum the only theory they could come up with is because Anna&Sasha and T/M&B/K split nationals and Euros the fed. didn't want to pick favorites so they just went with the champs with won both events. It makes sense but the idea of the Russian fed. thinking of skaters feelings and not playing favorites :rofl:
I don't buy that. If the Rus fed believes that a certain skater will bring them the gold, they will use that skater in the TE. I find their lack of confidence in the current world champion (Anna) and the European silver medalist plus two time world silver medalists (T/M) confusing.

aka_gerbil

I don't buy that. If the Rus fed believes that a certain skater will bring them the gold, they will use that skater in the TE. I find their lack of confidence in the current world champion (Anna) and the European silver medalist plus two time world silver medalists (T/M) confusing.
I don’t buy that either and I think I there’s a fair amount of evidence that ladies and pairs were meant to be split but then were not for some reason.

Amy L

I don’t buy that either and I think I there’s a fair amount of evidence that ladies and pairs were meant to be split but then were not for some reason.

In hindsight, I'm glad T/M weren't wrapped up in all of the hoopla. I'm sad that they weren't given the opportunity to get an 'easy' gold medal, but they don't need the extra worry that the TE participants have been through in the past week.

I haven't been following any of the pairs practice reports, but these pictures are amazing. I sincerely hope that they can find ways to enjoy themselves this time around.

aka_gerbil

In hindsight, I'm glad T/M weren't wrapped up in all of the hoopla. I'm sad that they weren't given the opportunity to get an 'easy' gold medal, but they don't need the extra worry that the TE participants have been through in the past week.
Same for me as well now. They seem to be keeping a low profile.

Pairs practices seem to be getting ignored for the most part since the press flocks to the singles practices. Peacock has only streamed one pairs practice and that was the day T/M had a planned day off.

I love seeing those smiles in the practice photos. ❤️

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

I haven't been following any of the pairs practice reports, but these pictures are amazing. I sincerely hope that they can find ways to enjoy themselves this time around.

Nice to see them look so happy.

Amy L

There is no way I'm watching the pairs live. Besides being way too damn early in the morning, my nerves cannot handle T/M, lol. I found that it's just better to wake up and check the scores first.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
There is no way I'm watching the pairs live. Besides being way too damn early in the morning, my nerves cannot handle T/M, lol. I found that it's just better to wake up and check the scores first.
My thoughts exactly.

aka_gerbil

I’m relieved that it happens overnight for me.

I just want t/m to be happy with their skates. I’ve done a lot of “if only their coaching hadn’t been chaos” what-ifing, but there’s no way to go back and change that now (especially with so much of it being a byproduct of the pandemic). I don’t think they have the politics or momentum to win even if they skate both programs lights out clean. Thus, all I can do is hope they are happy in the end with their skates.

Bigbird

I’m relieved that it happens overnight for me.

I just want t/m to be happy with their skates. I’ve done a lot of “if only their coaching hadn’t been chaos” what-ifing, but there’s no way to go back and change that now (especially with so much of it being a byproduct of the pandemic). I don’t think they have the politics or momentum to win even if they skate both programs lights out clean. Thus, all I can do is hope they are happy in the end with their skates.
It is ruff being a T/M fan.

Amantide

T/M will skate third in the final group of the sp. M/G first, then S/H second. B/K go last.

It’s probably for the best t/m aren’t going last.
Oh boy, I can't imagine Boikova's nerves if all the pairs before them skate clean. :slinkawaylol
I hope they do good. I kinda fell in love with them the first time I saw them.

Spun Silver

I wonder if they have a Chinese nickname. There was an article in the NYTimes about Chunese nicknames for their favorite skaters, but I don't subscribe, so I couldn't read it.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I wonder if they have a Chinese nickname. There was an article in the NYTimes about Chunese nicknames for their favorite skaters, but I don't subscribe, so I couldn't read it.
I do subscribe for the on line edition. I don't remember seeing this. How long ago was it?

3T3T

An absolutely glorious skate from T/M. I’d have had them first but it’s practically a dead heat. Everything was perfect the jumps, the twist, the lift, the throw, the spins. Everything. A very moving performance.

Looking forward to the Free. China leading but the Russians are chasing them down.

Amantide

An absolutely glorious skate from T/M. I’d have had them first but it’s practically a dead heat. Everything was perfect the jumps, the twist, the lift, the throw, the spins. Everything. A very moving performance.

Looking forward to the Free. China leading but the Russians are chasing them down.

Yeah, me too. But S&H were great too, so I'll give that slight adv. to personal taste.
I have to say that I do like how the judges have used the PCS score.

Courtesy of Jackie Wong
S/H - SS 9.54, TR 9.43, PE 9.79, CO 9.64, IN 9.68
T/M - SS 9.61, TR 9.39, PE 9.57, CO 9.57, IN 9.61
M/G - SS 9.25, TR 9.32, PE 9.57, CO 9.54, IN 9.57

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information