Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Gold in one event and a medal in the other is almost always enough. Even gold and a 4th or 5th is enough sometimes.
I think they need a silver or gold in their next GP, given their history of lack of confidence. I would like them to be in the top three on the GPF list so they can have a chance to win there.

However they have had difficulty handling success but they do bounce back after poor performances. So I don’t know what is good for them.

In 2018 they won two GP events, but in the GPF they ended up with a bronze. However they bounced back at Worlds 2019 and delivered two solid performances.

I am now convinced that the move to Eteri was the right one. I see them trust her because they were frequently consulting her during practices. They are getting the attention they need.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
There’s what we’d like to see them win and then there’s gpf math and, historically, any color medal will do it and usually 4th if there’s a win in an event. They don’t need to be 1st or 2nd in Japan to qualify to the gpf. That said, I think they will be 1st or 2nd there.

Also, remember, they qualified with a 2 and a 3 in 2016.... and that’s the year they won the GPF. ;)

Edit: They qualified as the fifth team in that year, skated second in the short, and won both segments. That was when they were essentially Russia 3.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I read somewhere that Peacock showed pairs victory ceremony. In the arena there was no announcement of this nor the men's victory ceremony. I had decided not to wait past the mens free skate, so I could catch the almost last shuttle to my hotel. I would have loved to see both ceremonies, but particularly the pairs. I am thrilled that in the exhibition T/M will be introduced as the pairs gold medallists.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
On Instagram with their medals

Too bad we can't see their smiles because of the masks, but I am so happy for them.

So far this season they have won two golds and a silver in competitions. The Russian test skate was the only bad event they have had. Hopefully the positive trend will continue.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It was great to watch in person T/M skate their Titanic exhibition. Zhenya didn't land the throw but who cares? The competition is over. As usual, gala was less interesting to me compared to the competition but everyone had a good time, I think.

I dont see a thread about the gala in the SA threads.
I wait to write about others who skated.

For me the highlight was the wins for T/M and Sasha.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am still on a 'high' from SA. It was so nice to see all my faves win, most of all T/M. This is the 4th time I have seen them skate live.

2016 worlds, Boston (4th place)
2018 Skate America, Everett, WA (1st place)
2018-2019 GPF, Vancouver, Canada (3rd place)
2021 Skate America (1st place)

Had there been COI, I could have watched them more times,but I am happy with what I got.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
T/M SP

T/M LP

Both with commentary. Lots of praise. Is this what they showed on Peacock?

I think what differentiates them from other pair skaters is they make it look so effortless, where pair elements are concerned. Also the choreography has such minute detail! For example there is a nanosecond pause in their movement to match the music. Evgenia's hand movements are so pretty! They kind of complete the move. Vladimir is very smooth in their lifts (no ice flying).

Sometimes one of them has a hand on the other's shoulder or around the neck Just before a move. There is so much to watch! They have found themselves. It has taken a long time. It was worth waiting for.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Titanic ex at SA

love_skate2011

Banned Member
His eyebrows look darker, i think he dyed his hair and eyebrows, its like auburn red now.
or do redheads change color as they get older ? :confused:

lulu82

what are you talking about? :) i find Vladimir very handsome (!), Galliamov compare to him look and move like awkward little boy :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
what are you talking about? :) i find Vladimir very handsome (!), Galliamov compare to him look and move like awkward little boy :)
Did you read my post? I wrote he is a handsome guy. I refuse to criticize another skater to prove that one is handsome. :)

aka_gerbil

I think is hair is the same color, but I think the eyebrows are dyed or someone took a brow pencil to them. I think probably a good call though.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
A fun interview, with subtitles (they have a similar one with M/G)
It is nice to see them laughing, relaxed, having fun. On the ice they are always so serious! This interview shows a different side of their personalities.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I find it odd that in the Golden skate forum they are calling their first throw in the LP a triple flip. I have watched that program many times and I am sure it is a triple Lutz. The tracker also called it lutz. I also read that both have the same number of points. That surprises me. At least in singles the lutz has more points than the flip (though I find the flip more difficult).

aka_gerbil

I find it odd that in the Golden skate forum they are calling their first throw in the LP a triple flip. I have watched that program many times and I am sure it is a triple Lutz. The tracker also called it lutz. I also read that both have the same number of points. That surprises me. At least in singles the lutz has more points than the flip (though I find the flip more difficult).
It’s definitely a throw lutz. Watch the edge, GS.

I knew it was the same points as the throw flip. Does anyone know why the throws are valued the same?

I’m not sure why the their

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It’s definitely a throw lutz. Watch the edge, GS.

I knew it was the same points as the throw flip. Does anyone know why the throws are valued the same?

I’m not sure why the their
It is odd that they have the same value. Usually singles and pairs values are similar.

I knew it was a lutz when I first watched their Cranberry video. I was pleasantly surprised. I watched them in practices and it was a lutz. After I read GS calling it thr 3f at two places, I went back to the video and watched the edge closely. It is absolutely a lutz. The tracker said so too.

GS is a highly reputed forum. I was surprised that no one tried to correct that throw comment.

oz01

The protocol listed as throw flip. I was surprised too.

Has anybody noticed that their throws are higher and more exciting this year? The landings are breathtakingly beautiful (most of the time)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The protocol listed as throw flip. I was surprised too.

Has anybody noticed that their throws are higher and more exciting this year? The landings are breathtakingly beautiful (most of the time)
Yes, they look huge compared to last year. However, in 2016 when I saw them at worlds in Boston, they had big throws and confidence too. It seems around 2018 they lost some of that, but they seem to be regaining it. Now if they could get the confidence back in the sbs jumps, it will be nice.

I am very surprised that the protocol called it a flip. The entrance to a flip is very different, with a left outside 3turn, which brings the skater to the inside edge before the jump (At least that's how my instructor showed me). They did not have that, and she seemed to be on the outside edge. Also, I remember Zhenya saying that when they worked on the throw 3f in the 2018-2019 season, she was very uncomfortable with it. So it made sense that they went for the lutz.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I see T/M will be at NHK. Even though the GP forum lists it at Nov 5, I am sure it is an error because after SC it will be the GP in Italy. So NHK should start Nov 12.

I don't know the dates for Warsaw cup. If T/M are competing there, it should be after NHK. If it is before NHK, will that be a distraction for them, or a welcome opportunity to get more mileage on their programs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information