Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
They climbed up the ranks very quickly, probably quicker than they were expecting. They went from no expectations to everyone expecting them to medal everywhere they went. Once they came up to 2018 and were expected to get an Olympic medal, they (well, mostly Zhenya) completely flipped out. I think the combination of heartbreaks - - personal and Olympic, zapped their confidence.

When they first moved to seniors, they were touted as the team for 2022. S/K were supposed to be for 2018. Then t/m made that sort of last minute power play in 2016/17 and I don’t think they were mentally ready for it. I also think Mozer and the fed were still trying to push S/K for 2018, which couldn’t have helped.

Now that we know about the leg injury, I wonder if after 2019 worlds and how they seemed at test skates if the confidence they seemed to briefly rediscover would have continued if there hadn’t been an injury.

Hopefully, by the time it’s safe for competitions to resume, she’ll be healed and their confidence back.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I didn’t know about the injury. When did it happen? How? Are they resting now to let it heal?

Amy L

Maksim mentioned an injury after it was announced that Worlds was cancelled. There are no details, just that it has something to do with Zhenya's leg.

Moscow is on lockdown. Rinks are closed and people are only allowed to go to grocery stores or pharmacies. So I would assume that Zhenya has all the time in the world to rest up.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I just watched their SP from the 2016 worlds. It was great! I must have seen it live because I was there but I have no memory of it. They were confident, relaxed, and clean in every element. Where did all this go?

I remember watching their LP at the 2016 worlds. I remember watching their practices. Zhenya signed an autograph for me and she was letting fans take selfies with her (Vlad walked away).

I remember one moment in their LP when she landed a Huge throw right in front of me. It was like WOW! Their Chopin LP was lovely but highly criticized by some fans. It was rather vanilla and the music was not particularly dramatic. However, they delivered when their more experienced teammates could not. V&T were clearly not ready. S&K were struggling with injury and inconsistencies. T&M placed 4th (S&K 5th And V&T 6th). I thought they should have won the bronze but Aliona’s reputation helped S&M win the bronze even with a mistake. S&M had not developed as a pair at that point.
That didn’t please me.

aka_gerbil

A Russian fan account posted a blurb from the news with Vladimir. They provided an English recap: canceling worlds wasn’t a surprise, nobody knows when there will actually be competitions again, the athletes and federations feel stagnation, and everyone is on distance work.

Bellanca

A Russian fan account posted a blurb from the news with Vladimir. They provided an English recap: canceling worlds wasn’t a surprise, nobody knows when there will actually be competitions again, the athletes and federations feel stagnation, and everyone is on distance work.

A sign of the times... It appears they’re doing what they can to keep on top of their game. Vladimir looks good. Appreciate the latest scoop. Nice to see them. Thanks for posting the blurb. 👍

Amy L

Evgenia had a short interview with Match TV

She wanted to go back to Moscow to do physio on her leg. I think she said that that the physical therapist is closed now, but she's been able to rest her leg since she's been sitting at home in quarantine. Since she had to stay in her apartment for 3 weeks after arriving in Russia, she really missed going outside for walks and she missed training. Unfortunately I didn't understand a lot of what was said.

Bellanca

Max posted a photo of T/M back on the ice today. There is also a story with Evgenia skating.

Whoo-ie! :cheer2: That's fantastic. Clearly, two happy folks there. I'll bet the ice has never looked so good to them. Thanks, @aka_gerbil for the update.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Are they going to skate to the Firebird?
I would.ike them to keep Bolero for SP but skate a different LP.

aka_gerbil

Are they going to skate to the Firebird?
I would.ike them to keep Bolero for SP but skate a different LP.

I read somewhere, my mind is failing on exactly where and which one said it, that they’re (probably) keeping at least one of the programs. I’d assume Bolero.

Are their rumors of Firebird?

Sylvia

TBD
Copying over from the Russian news thread in GSD:
Tarasova/Morozov are back to Florida (from Lina Fedorova’s Instagram live with Vladimir)
Their chat on July 12 (50 mins.): https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCjRIeMoVYu/
Vladimir said they bought plane tickets four different times before they were actually able to go anywhere (they couldn't transfer through Europe). They returned to Florida in order to work with Marina and get their new programs.

Amy L

I wonder if they're getting two new programs or if they're keeping one (Evgenia said she was doubtful they'd get 2 new ones, but that was before they made it back to the US). I wouldn't mind them keeping Bolero, it was great and not skated cleanly outside of Russia yet, but I still think the LP music was too whackadoo for them.

Last edited:

aka_gerbil

I would guess they'd keep one with getting a later start with choreography. In normal times, choreo would have been done at least a few months ago at this point. Learning one new program would be a much easier task than two.

I would think if they were picking one of the programs to keep and one to replace, it's a no-brainer to keep Bolero and replace the FS. I liked the version of the music they used for the FS, but Bolero is a much-better constructed and choreographed program. I am hoping if they keep Bolero, they do another round of costumes for it because I still don't think they've found the right ones yet. I'd put Evgenia back in a body suit, but not the one from the US Classic in SLC. In my minds eyes, something like the bodysuit Tessa Virtue wore for the Canadian Starts on Ice exhibition version of Carmen in 2013 or the one that Carolina Kostner wore for her short program at worlds in 2008. I thought the black body suit at test skates suited that program whereas the costumes they'd later wear in the season didn't as much.

I am starting to wonder if Marina is ever planning to actually choreograph a program for them. One of the things I particularly liked about them going to her was that I wanted her to choregraph for them before the coaching change was even a thing. Maybe the Olympic season....

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I would like them to keep Bolero. It was a great SP. I would like them to create a new LP that suits them better. I didn’t think last year’s LP was bad; they tried something new, and proved that they could do complex choreography. However they need to find their identity and stick to it. Sort of like M&D and Liebestraum.

Bellanca

I would like them to keep Bolero. It was a great SP. I would like them to create a new LP that suits them better. I didn’t think last year’s LP was bad; they tried something new, and proved that they could do complex choreography. However they need to find their identity and stick to it. Sort of like M&D and Liebestraum.
Yes, I agree. I think when they try to experiment, the train leaves the tracks. Also, because I am a sucker for romantic ballads, I will always suggest those over anything on the cutting edge they might attempt to do.

Amy L

T/M and Max are on their way to Moscow (Max was in Florida for a few weeks). Hopefully they didn't have four cancelled flights this time. Test skates are next weekend, then two Russian Cups in the next two successive weekends. I wonder if they're planning to stay through the rest of the year for Cup of Russia and Nationals?

Cherub721

YEAH!
T/M and Max are on their way to Moscow (Max was in Florida for a few weeks). Hopefully they didn't have four cancelled flights this time. Test skates are next weekend, then two Russian Cups in the next two successive weekends. I wonder if they're planning to stay through the rest of the year for Cup of Russia and Nationals?

I wonder when the GP list is coming out. I think they have the option of doing Skate America as it is the country they train in. Cup of Russia fields will be overloaded in all disciplines, so it would make sense for whatever Russian skaters who train abroad to just do the GP in the other country.

Amy L

They usually announce their programs right before the test skates, so it should happen any day now..

aka_gerbil

I’m now wondering if they’re going to announce their music sometime today (Friday) or just surprise us when they skate this weekend.

Amy L

I'm starting to think they'll wait and make everything a surprise this weekend. It's already Friday morning in Moscow so things would start to get posted if they made announcements. Of course I'm about to go to bed now so I could wake up to news. :lol: I'm just curious to see if they get all new programs or if they stuck to their original plan of keeping one. I would love it if they kept Bolero, I don't think they've had a signature performance of it yet.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here from GSD:
Tarasova/Morozov withdrew from the test skates. They are alright, just preparing for two Russian cup events and then Grand-Prix event in Las Vegas
Trankov is quoted here about T/M's plans:
"Tarasova / Morozov will start at the stages of the Russian Cup in Syzran (September 18-22) and Moscow (October 10-13)." Skate America is Oct. 23-25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information