Supershuttle is back, as Supershuttle Express

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Recently I saw at the airport, a blue van that resembled Supershuttle but with only blue in its color (no yellow). Since I am going to need a less expensive way to get to the airport for my upcoming trip, I looked them up. Sure enough, it is Supershuttle, with Express after its original name. It seems they operate in many cities, by collaborating with some of the local transportation companies. Here in the Phoenix area they are operated by McCormick Transportation.

I live very far from the airport, so the last time I flew I had to pay a high price for a private car. So I started looking for shared ride and Supershuttle express showed up. I have not yet booked my rides but if it is as good as the earlier Supershuttle, I will certainly use it.

Last edited:

Moto Guzzi

I gave up on Super Shuttle after they failed to pick me up on two separate occasions. It wasn't worth the hassle of trying to find a last-minute ride to the airport and nearly missing my flight. Their service had declined considerably by the time they went out of business.

I'm going on a trip in August and checked out their price to get from the airport to my hotel to see how it compared to the options I've research so far. It is considerably higher than going by taxi or Uber.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I gave up on Super Shuttle after they failed to pick me up on two separate occasions. It wasn't worth the hassle of trying to find a last-minute ride to the airport and nearly missing my flight. Their service had declined considerably by the time they went out of business.

I'm going on a trip in August and checked out their price to get from the airport to my hotel to see how it compared to the options I've research so far. It is considerably higher than going by taxi or Uber.
It probably depends on what city you are in. From their new website it seems they use local companies under their name. So it could be different. In Phoenix I never had a problem with Supershuttle. I have not yet checked their new rates but I expect them to be higher.

Moto Guzzi

I was in the Washington DC area. The service used to be great but then deteriorated and there were numerous complaints and bad reviews on Yelp.

At present, they are limiting the number of shared rides. The rate for pickup at SeaTac airport to my hotel is Seattle is currently $70.08 which seems to be the rate for a private shuttle for up to three people. My hotel quoted a taxi rate of $72 which is on the high side; quotes ranged from $55 to $75. Another shuttle company has shared rides for around $36.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information