Stolbova and Novoselov Cheer Thread: Morticia’s Revenge

Mad for Skating

Ksenia Stolbova and Andrei Novoselov have announced that they will be competing next year for Russia. They will be coached by Nikolai Morozov in Perm. (Apparently he has a new training camp there. Novoselov is from Perm so I think that has something to do with it).

Because of world standing rules, they can’t compete in the Grand Prix yet. There hasn’t been an official document saying Novoselov has been released from France, but Tatiana Tarasova seems confident that they will get this figured out quickly and we will see their programs at test skates. Potentially their season might look like:

Test skates: early September
Russian Cup event (to qualify for nationals): autumn
Challenger series event (to get the minimums for Euros and Worlds): autumn
Russian Nationals: late December (usually around Christmas)

If they skate very well at nationals, they can get sent to Europeans (January) and Worlds (March).

Source (in Russian): https://m.sport.business-gazeta.ru/news/236923/

Mad for Skating

Hey, forgot to update this thread, but this pic was taken about 3 weeks ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxV5Um-H7KT/
Apparently Morozov was choreographing for Boikova/Kozlovskii in St. Petersburg at Tamara Moskvina's rink and Stolbova/Novoselov came with him (she's the little one in gray and he's the big guy she's skating with). Not sure if this means they're working with Moskvina (that would be awesome) but I thought you might want an update.

Mad for Skating

Hello friends! It’s been a while since I updated this thread, but I have good news: Andrei Novoselov was released to skate for Russia last week, which means he and Ksenia will be free to compete this season!
Their first outing is at Russian Open Test Skates on September 7 and 8. They will probably take part in a Russian Cup event in the fall to qualify for nationals, then a small international competition to get their minimums for Euros and Worlds. From there, it’s on to nationals.
Wishing them good luck this season! I can’t wait to see their new programs.

vanillashake

Banned Member
It will be such a tough fight for the Russian world team with 4 very strong teams now. It will be sad 1 of them is left home. Obviously Tarasova & Morozov are a lock, so that leaves the world bronze medalist, their amazing up and coming team, and now this new team, and 1 of those 3 dont make it.

oleada

It will be such a tough fight for the Russian world team with 4 very strong teams now. It will be sad 1 of them is left home. Obviously Tarasova & Morozov are a lock, so that leaves the world bronze medalist, their amazing up and coming team, and now this new team, and 1 of those 3 dont make it.
There's also the current World Junior Champions and Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin, who made the GPF in their first season....

blue_idealist

Who's the up and coming team?

Mad for Skating

It’s going to be very interesting! I would ideally prefer Tarasova/Morozov, Stolbova/Novoselov, and Boikova/Kozlovskii, but we’ll see. I would like to see Stolbova/Novoselov skate a few times to determine how ready they are.

Who's the up and coming team?

I think they meant Boikova/Kozlovskii.

Mad for Skating

And everyone wants to forget the current World bronze medalists. :lol: Except the judges.

I don’t mind them technically; I just find him a little bland. Natalia has a great Instagram and seems really creative so I hope some of that comes out on the ice :)

Well, there has to be someone with taste around 🤷‍♂️
Sorry @Mad for Skating for hijacking this thread, will shut up now and be curious, what S/N will show.

It’s ok, Natalia basically looks like Ksenia’s good twin sister, so I forgive you.

_Lola_

I don’t mind them technically; I just find him a little bland. Natalia has a great Instagram and seems really creative so I hope some of that comes out on the ice :)

There was recently an interview. I was surprised that Sasha is actually quite charismatic, smiley, talkative and charming. Natasha comes across as calm, reserved and perhaps a bit timid.

I don't know why his charisma and her sense of style do not translate into the ice.

Mad for Skating

There was recently an interview. I was surprised that Sasha is actually quite charismatic, smiley, talkative and charming. Natasha comes across as calm, reserved and perhaps a bit timid.

I don't know why his charisma and her sense of style do not translate into the ice.

Yes, Sasha seems like a really sweet guy; I’m just not sure how to bring that charisma onto the ice. Maybe something light and comic?

aftershocks

Banned Member
Well, there has to be someone with taste around 🤷‍♂️
Sorry @Mad for Skating for hijacking this thread, will shut up now and be curious, what S/N will show.

We know they look good, have lovely long lines, are nice, well-spoken and can do the elements, but try as they might, they're still boring... :yawn: Wake me up when their personalities ever come to life on the ice. For that matter, the same goes for T/M. Meanwhile it's Sleeping Beauty time on Valium when these two teams take the ice. Unless Charlie White and Zoueva turn out to be miracle workers for T/M!

I don't see much hope for Z/E, so if S/N don't turn out to be Trainwreck-worthy, Z/E need to be dropped asap. Boikova/ Koslovskii OTOH :watch: :rollin:

Sorry not sorry bossman. This past season was surely Z/E's 'best unexpected chance' to get on the World podium, due to the team who shall not be addressed by their nicknames and who deserve little to no credit, facing Wicked Game pressure in their Uninvited sp. As it turns out, 'Uninvited' portended the un-nicknameables being left off the World podium.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
due to the team who shall not be addressed by their nicknames (...) the un-nicknameables being left off the World podium.
Careful, your temperamental tendencies are showing. Can you just cut the crap with the stupid and lout sarcasm please. You obviously don't want to understand how out of line you were when using private nicknames for J/C (for the record, the fact other fans do it too or first doesn't make it more acceptable) and your attempts at ridiculing my words just help you dig yourself a bigger hole. Keep on writing your daily tomes of fan fiction, keep on building scenarii and persona who don't exist except in your head but drop the spite and the condescension toward me. You're just proving that you are far from being as smart as you think. Oh my someone had the audacity to contradict your Highness, what a crime of lese-majesty. Suck it up and go back to the writing of the indigestible essays you are known for. It won't get you any closer to people you childishly idolize though.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Careful, your temperamental tendencies are showing. Can you just cut the crap with the stupid and lout sarcasm please. You obviously don't want to understand how out of line you were when using private nicknames for J/C (for the record, the fact other fans do it too or first doesn't make it more acceptable) and your attempts at ridiculing my words just help you dig yourself a bigger hole. Keep on writing your daily tomes of fan fiction, keep on building scenarii and persona who don't exist except in your head but drop the spite and the condescension toward me. You're just proving that you are far from being as smart as you think. Oh my someone had the audacity to contradict your Highness, what a crime of lese-majesty. Suck it up and go back to the writing of the indigestible essays you are known for. It won't get you any closer to people you childishly idolize though.

Cholla, I been inordinately patient with you. Do not come at me spiny cactus. You are the one who decided to dig the hole, in the wrong thread, no less. But yep, thanks for making me laugh uproariously at your posts in another thread. :lol: Laughter is the best medicine after all. Try it sometime. ;)

And now, I caution you that this thread is not about you poking at me. Neither was I speakin' to you here either. For someone who made a show of putting me on Ignore and then taking me off to start a snit-fest, you are the one with the 'spite and condescension.' I don't know you and I've never had any interactions with you before you blew into another thread a few months ago throwing your weight around and then hiding behind Ignore. For someone who claims they are "uncomfortable with boundaries being crossed on boards and social media," you have an 'uneducated' nerve yapping at me because you been triggered by a lighthearted rant/passionate post in another fan thread, that as it turns out was stealthily precipitated by her Highness judgejudy in one of her many disguises. The jj Queen of usernames must be laughing her head off on a rotisserie at this juncture. :drama: Anyhoo, I know your pique and 'puzzlement' was never about faux angst over the 'impropriety' of affectionate nicknames cited in a fan thread. You ain't in a pickle nor all hot and bothered about the diminuitives some posters used in this thread, now are you. :blah: Why not focus all your misspent ire on Julie Wie, the montage-maker? I dare you.

You must be the one who is interested in getting closer to peeps you secretly idolize. But maybe you are on too much of a 'professional' standing with them to cross those freakin' boundaries. :p Word to the wise: calm your temperament down.

My apologies to fans of Stolbova/Novoselov, but cholla apparently do not have a sense of humor, not even with a lower case 'h.' :duh:

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
I saw S/N training in the early summer. They were more than really good already, to the point I thought Gailhaguet would hold Andreï much longer... I was sure he'd be stuck for at least one more season. I admired their work and efforts all the more since they didn't know what'd become of them at the time. I'm very happy I was wrong. I'm not a great fan of T/M and Z/E, who, to me, lack Stolbova's best assets : presence and charisma. I was happily surprised by Novoselov. He always had excellent basics but he is now really blooming at Stolbova's side. He has never been so strong and consistent. Particularly in the side by side jumps. And they are both extremely hard workers. They would not just stop, even when Morozov was busy with other skaters. Same off ice. Working all day long, rehearsing lifts, steps, going for long runs uphill. They are stamina personified. They already looked pretty confident and determined and it was 2 months ago. I'm quite sure they'll be ready when needed. I'm also happy for Andreï who looks much more motivated and at ease. No offense to Esbrat but she wasn't up to the par. Nor were their training conditions in Paris. It's a pity France lost such a good pair skater but it's all benefit for pair skating in general. I bet that if they both remain injury free, they will truly sparkle. I didn't see them performing any split twist on ice though, but I'm confident they'll nail it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information