Starting orders and results page

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The RD order is whack. Is it because GilPoi lost so much comp time last year?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The RD order is whack. Is it because GilPoi lost so much comp time last year?
They didn’t compete at Nationals last year nor did they do the Challenge, so they slot between as byed skaters with no Nationals placement.

1. Senior competitors receiving a Bye to the short program/Rhythm Dance at the Canadian Figure Skating Championships will be assigned in reverse order according to their final placement at the previous Senior Canadian Figure Skating Championships. The highest-placed competitor from the previous Canadian Figure Skating Championships will be last to skate, the second-highest placed competitor will be second last to skate, and so on.
  2. Next, Byed competitors who do not have a final placement from the preceding Senior Canadian Figure Skating Championships will be assigned by a random draw. These competitors will skate prior to those listed in (a) and following those listed in (c).
  3. The remaining competitors will be assigned in reverse order according to their final placements at Skate Canada Challenge in the same Competitive Season.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
The remaining competitors will be assigned in reverse order according to their final placements at Skate Canada Challenge in the same Competitive Season.
They didn't seem to do this with the senior ice dance. Lily Hensen / Nathan Lickers are listed to skate first but they ranked 6th out of 8 couples at challenge, but the teams ranked 7th and 8th at challenge are listed to skate later.

I wonder if this will be corrected as I recall something similar happening iwth the senior pairs start order one year, and it was revised.

fsfann

Just noticed that there are only 3 men from Quebec that are competing... That must be one of the smallest group ever representing Quebec at Nationals?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
FBSoer's WD should move GilPoir into the final group for the RD, correct?

fsfann

Lordy. I just bought tickets two days ago. Major regret as I hav zero desire to go see dance now with L/L and FB/S out. Ugh. Skate Canada should be offering partial refunds

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Lordy. I just bought tickets two days ago. Major regret as I hav zero desire to go see dance now with L/L and FB/S out. Ugh. Skate Canada should be offering partial refunds
One should never buy tickets based on who you expect or want to see in a skating competition but just because you want to watch the competition. Ice is slippery and things happen. Just think of all the folks who have already bought tickets for 2025 Worlds in Boston!

It's different than buying tickets for a show :)

I hope you enjoy what you see!

Lana K

In mourning for Kaori's 2022-2023 season hair
Any word on why LaLa withdrew? Haven't seen any info floating around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information