Southern California Fires - 2019 - Pray for them

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
NBC News

This is a nightmare. The Santa Anas are dry and relentless. The brush is uncut and growing everywhere.

SoCal received 174% of it's annual rainfall last year. And, that leads to tons and tons of growth which is now kindling.

In the populated areas (i.e. Porter Ranch) one little bush can catch fire and the wind will carry the bits from roof to roof.

It is dang near impossible to stop if the winds keep up.

If Edison shuts power off.......the roads will be such a nightmare. I hope people heed evacuation orders.

And pray for the brave fire fighter who put their lives on the line out tere.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Burbank does have it's own power company. However Edison has turned Burbank off. I would assume that Burbank operates as an independent entity, but it gets its power from Edison. From what I can tell the fire is not too near Burbank. I used to live there LOL. Burbank is a kind of funny place. What it is noted for is the movie studios.

Peaches LaTour

Burbank does have it's own power company. However Edison has turned Burbank off. I would assume that Burbank operates as an independent entity, but it gets its power from Edison. From what I can tell the fire is not too near Burbank. I used to live there LOL. Burbank is a kind of funny place. What it is noted for is the movie studios.

I've been to Burbank many times. I used to live in Ventura.

I also used to work at Edison.

Wishing you well. It hurts my California heart to see all this destruction in the state that I will always consider my home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information