Sked for FS on television? Please?

Aimless

Where the *&#$ is a comprehensive schedule? I don't care about these endless discussions of who gets Olympic channel, how bad their cable company is, etc, etc. I just want to know what is being covered when and on what channel. Here it is October 7 of an Olympic run up season and I can't find a schedule of Grand Prix coverage, Nationals, and so forth. Am I missing something? Heather hasn't updated her schedule. NBC has nothing, Olympic channel tells you what's on today and a "figure skating" search produces, among little else, a profile of Oksana Baiul. USFSA predictably has nothing. I must not be looking in the right place, but it seems awfully weird. Can anybody give me a link or a clue? My deepest appreciation to you if you can help.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Where the *&#$ is a comprehensive schedule? I don't care about these endless discussions of who gets Olympic channel, how bad their cable company is, etc, etc. I just want to know what is being covered when and on what channel. Here it is October 7 of an Olympic run up season and I can't find a schedule of Grand Prix coverage, Nationals, and so forth. Am I missing something? Heather hasn't updated her schedule. NBC has nothing, Olympic channel tells you what's on today and a "figure skating" search produces, among little else, a profile of Oksana Baiul. USFSA predictably has nothing. I must not be looking in the right place, but it seems awfully weird. Can anybody give me a link or a clue? My deepest appreciation to you if you can help.
If you go to Icenetwork, you can find a schedule for every GP event. You don't have to be a member to see it.

Sylvia

TBD
USFS / NBC Olympics normally will publicize the TV figure skating broadcast schedule not long before Skate America, but since SA is the 6th & final Grand Prix event this year, there could be a delay. Be patient a little longer :) and a new thread for the U.S. TV broadcast schedule will be started as soon as the info is published online.

ETA: There once was a thread in this forum with preliminary broadcast dates/times for the 2017 Grand Prix series, but that was before UniversalHD went away and was replaced by the Olympic Channel. I can't seem to find that thread here or in the Archives, however.

Last edited:

Aimless

If you go to Icenetwork, you can find a schedule for every GP event. You don't have to be a member to see it.
I'm not finding what I'm looking for: a comprehensive schedule of events, times, and television channels for major upcoming FS events. If you can give a link, I'll kiss you.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
My DVR goes out two weeks, so the Rostelecom Cup coverage is showing up as live on the Olympic Channel on Friday, Oct. 20 from 7-10:30am EST and then 11:30am-3:00pm. That's all I have so far. :) I think this is probably a good sign that all the coverage originally slated for Universal HD will now be on the Olympic Channel.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm not finding what I'm looking for: a comprehensive schedule of events, times, and television channels for major upcoming FS events. If you can give a link, I'll kiss you.
Sorry, can't help you there. IN is all online.

ross_hy

My DVR goes out two weeks, so the Rostelecom Cup coverage is showing up as live on the Olympic Channel on Friday, Oct. 20 from 7-10:30am EST and then 11:30am-3:00pm. That's all I have so far. :) I think this is probably a good sign that all the coverage originally slated for Universal HD will now be on the Olympic Channel.

I saw this, too. It's exciting because if I'm not mistaken, we didn't get a lot of live coverage last year and it wasn't all skaters. This coverage appears to be live and every skater.

@Aimless, I would also keep an eye on the OlympicTalk blog run by NBC. They often post TV listings of the events they cover.

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Thanks, @mollymgr! Your link was in the old TV Alerts thread (in which I had copied-and-pasted all the Grand Prix broadcast dates for fall 2017) that I can't find now and mentioned in my post #3.

mollymgr

^^^ Thanks, @mollymgr! Your link was in the old TV Alerts thread (in which I had copied-and-pasted all the Grand Prix broadcast dates for fall 2017) that I can't find now.
I vaguely remember that one. I remember you took the trouble to clean it up to show the GP dates.:) I looked for it a while back but couldn't find it either. I think it got moved in the board upgrade or something.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Here is the Olympic Sports Schedule from NBC which includes skating. They haven't updated their reference to UniHD which will probably be carried by the Olympic Channel.
http://www.nbcsports.com/olympic-sports-schedule

From what's showing on the DVR it looks like they've added lots more coverage for the first GP event than planned, so I'm hopeful they will have the same level of coverage for the rest!

Aimless

thanks, everybody! The vacuum of information isn't so severe now. You'll understand my impatience to start scheduling around events and setting DVR. I can't &^#*ing wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information