Skating Books

ross_hy

Thanks to the This Week in Skating podcast, I learned (or was reminded, if I forgot) that Gracie Gold is working on a memoir. Based on the below link, looks like it's due to arrive in February:

SkateGuard

Thanks to the This Week in Skating podcast, I learned (or was reminded, if I forgot) that Gracie Gold is working on a memoir. Based on the below link, looks like it's due to arrive in February:

Cover reveal for Gracie Gold's upcoming book:

SkateGuard

Absolutely delighted to share that my new book Jackson Haines: The Skating King is now available where books are sold. You can read a synopsis, explore reviews from Olympic Medallists Christopher Dean, Robin Cousins and Debbi Wilkes and find ordering links and information here:

If anyone has any questions about the book, I'd love to answer them! :)

sadya

Absolutely delighted to share that my new book Jackson Haines: The Skating King is now available where books are sold. You can read a synopsis, explore reviews from Olympic Medallists Christopher Dean, Robin Cousins and Debbi Wilkes and find ordering links and information here:

If anyone has any questions about the book, I'd love to answer them! :)
I'm excited to start reading it today. For anyone in The Netherlands: you can buy it on bol.com as an e-book.

SkateGuard

I'm excited to start reading it today. For anyone in The Netherlands: you can buy it on bol.com as an e-book.

Really hope you find it interesting @sadya!! 📚📖 If anyone else is looking for an eBook version instead of the paperback, you can get it on Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play Books, Thalia, Bücherwurm etc. All the options are listed in the link below:

Anyone on FSU can get 25% off if they order the eBook on Smashwords with the coupon code G7PPN.

The other thing I'd love to say to everyone on here is if you're in Finland or ever make a visit there, check out the K.H. Renlunds Museum in Kokkola. This book wouldn't have been possible without their contributions and they actually have a pair of his skates in their collection! :)

sadya

I finished this today and wrote areview in Dutch on bol.com. It won't be visible until later (they check before they place them).

And this is my review on GoodReads in English:

SkateGuard

Am in Finland right now for Espoo! Will def go to see those famous skates!

Hope you had a fantastic time in Espoo & that had chance to make it to the Museum in Kokkola to see Jackson Haines' skates! :)

I finished this today and wrote areview in Dutch on bol.com. It won't be visible until later (they check before they place them).

THANK YOU @sadya - your review is incredibly kind. Reviews are incredibly important when it comes to algorithms and getting books in front of more eyes. I really appreciate you taking the time! XX

SkateGuard

Stronger Than She Thinks, a new children's skating book just released by 2X Olympic Medallist Nancy Kerrigan:

3rdGenSkater

I'll have to see if my Mum has this one. I know she has other books by the same author. We try to trade skating news, but she has more time to be active on GS than I do here, so the information tends to flow more in one direction from her in Canada to me in Scotland.:fan:

SkateGuard

There are some wonderful launch events coming up in conjunction with the upcoming release of Phillippa Cranston Baran's book Toller Cranston: Ice, Paint, Passion:

Toronto, ON - Donna Child Fine Art Gallery, February 24th
Arnprior, ON - O'Brien Theatre - March 3rd
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico - Hotel Aldea - March 13th

If anyone is interested in attending any of these events, you can find more info and RSVP at http://www.phillippacranstonbaran.com

TAnolic

Hello everyone,

I am an author whose latest book is a figure skating novel. Like Water and Ice follows American skater Thad Moulton as he trains for the 1998 Olympics in Nagano, Japan.

Thad is one of the most talented skaters of his generation- and one of its most inconsistent. He has won a gold medal at National Championships every other year throughout the 1990s, and his bad performances haunt him. Can he overcome his inner demons and outside distractions to skate flawlessly on Olympic ice?

https://www.amazon.com/Like-Water-I...refix=like+water+and+ice,stripbooks,72&sr=1-1

Sylvia

TBD
There are some wonderful launch events coming up in conjunction with the upcoming release of Phillippa Cranston Baran's book Toller Cranston: Ice, Paint, Passion:

Toronto, ON - Donna Child Fine Art Gallery, February 24th
Arnprior, ON - O'Brien Theatre - March 3rd
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico - Hotel Aldea - March 13th

If anyone is interested in attending any of these events, you can find more info and RSVP at http://www.phillippacranstonbaran.com
Bezic attended the Toronto event last month:

ETA - so did Pj Kwong:
And Don Jackson: https://x.com/sutherlandbooks/status/1761176785700430299

SkateGuard

Book review for Toller Cranston: Ice, Paint, Passion which is officially released today:

As of right now, the book has moved up to take the #1 Best Seller spot in the Ice & Figure Skating category on the Amazon charts in Canada.

SkateGuard

R
Hugendubel writes the book can be delivered in 2 weeks.

Sorry for any confusion! The release date is September 3 (9/3) but some European retailers are entering the data from IS as 3/9. It’s in pre-order status and it won’t actually be released until September 3. If you can’t wait and want to read it now, there’s an ARC Reader sign-up form on the site! ❤⛸️

Former Lurve Goddess

Book review for Toller Cranston: Ice, Paint, Passion which is officially released today:

As of right now, the book has moved up to take the #1 Best Seller spot in the Ice & Figure Skating category on the Amazon charts in Canada.
Really wish there was a way to buy this book without giving Ken Whyte/Sutherland House any of my money. ETA: solved my problem and put a hold on it from the library!

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information