Skate Oakville Pairs Showcase

Sylvia

TBD
You can watch the archived stream (for 24 hours) in case you missed the Instagram Live this morning: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFM8YkkJ5zj/

If you'd like to donate to help their program:

Skaters who performed today included:

Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro - showed parts of both new programs (SP to "Gimme All Your Love" by Alabama Shakes & FS to "The Blower’s Daughter" by Damien Rice)
Riku Miura & Ryuichi Kihara (JPN) - debuted SP to "Hallelujah" (k.d. lang)
Chloe Choinard & Livio Mayr (AUT) - new team for Austria; skated their SP to "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence + The Machine
Cassandra Leung & Paxton Fletcher - 2nd year team moving to senior; SP to "Sound of Silence" (female cover)
Audrey Carle & Gabriel Farand - 2nd year junior team; skated their SP to a female vocalist
Chloe Panetta & Kieran Thrasher - new junior pair that started 2 weeks ago; did some elements

Veronik Mallet - debuted SP to "Tiny Dancer," choreographed by Julie Marcotte
Bennet Toman - last season's SP to "No Matter What" by Calum Scott, choreo. by Joey Russell

Abigail Jackson & Axel MacKenzie - new Novice ice dance team

Last edited:

skylark

Boy, I don't realize how hungry I am to watch new skating until you show me some! Some highlights for me:

Choinard/Mayr - new team for Austria. I loved their style of movement together. Can't wait to see more

Audrey and Gabriel - beautiful skating together; I don't watch many juniors, but this pair I'll be watching!

Abby and Axel - my vote for the cutest names -- er, at least I think Bruno called her Abby.

Riku and Ryuichi - Wow -- for their new SP to Hallelujah. Riku in particular is showing more expressiveness with her movements. I'm not a huge fan of the pull-thru/catch move (but I'm not a fan of pull-throughs in general) ... but I do love the lift with the challenging entry and exit. I was thrilled by them last year, and I can really see how much they've accomplished since then.

Kirsten and Michael - Love, love, love the SP footwork. It doesn't look like anything they've done before, is jazzy and looks like they're really enjoying themselves. It's a great contrast to the FS music. Lots of empty space in what they did of their FS here (which seems worse because the music is slow) - that won't be a problem once they do the whole program, but I enjoyed the lift dismount about minute 39 or 40. Also they did another part of it a bit later, and it looked great, very energetic even though lyrical.

Sk8mom123

Boy, I don't realize how hungry I am to watch new skating until you show me some! Some highlights for me:

Choinard/Mayr - new team for Austria. I loved their style of movement together. Can't wait to see more

Audrey and Gabriel - beautiful skating together; I don't watch many juniors, but this pair I'll be watching!

Abby and Axel - my vote for the cutest names -- er, at least I think Bruno called her Abby.

Riku and Ryuichi - Wow -- for their new SP to Hallelujah. Riku in particular is showing more expressiveness with her movements. I'm not a huge fan of the pull-thru/catch move (but I'm not a fan of pull-throughs in general) ... but I do love the lift with the challenging entry and exit. I was thrilled by them last year, and I can really see how much they've accomplished since then.

Kirsten and Michael - Love, love, love the SP footwork. It doesn't look like anything they've done before, is jazzy and looks like they're really enjoying themselves. It's a great contrast to the FS music. Lots of empty space in what they did of their FS here (which seems worse because the music is slow) - that won't be a problem once they do the whole program, but I enjoyed the lift dismount about minute 39 or 40. Also they did another part of it a bit later, and it looked great, very energetic even though lyrical.
Really enjoyed watching everyone!! Nice to see some skating.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Bruno did a good job filming, interviewing, coaching the whole thing while on skates - Michael said Bruno probably did more skating yesterday than he had in years :D

litenkyckling

dare I say it, far more enjoyable than I.AM live - teams seem really prepared on the whole, and it didn't cost me my weekly coffee money!

Looking forward to seeing KM-T/MM new SP in full!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information