Skate Canada Announces 2022-2023 National Team

danafan

Canadian ladies über

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Today was media day at the "camp" - Bev Smith has written an article about what to expect in the new season: https://bevsmithwrites.com/new-faces-new-beginnings-for-canadian-skaters/

Her article answers some of the questions about those not attending.
Gabby's mother tweeted these updates about an hour ago:
"Gabby Daleman had a severe abdominal muscle tear earlier this year, was back on the ice then contracted Covid, was back on the ice again & then was in a serious car accident 2 weeks ago. She has a jammed back from the accident but is getting treatment and is back on the ice."

"She's working hard on recovery, is focused on what she can control, and is back on the ice. She has both programs and intends to skate at Octoberfest."

Japanfan

The CBC article noted that a decision about the Olympic team podium still hasn't been made. I wonder when or if that is going to happen.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The CBC article noted that a decision about the Olympic team podium still hasn't been made. I wonder when or if that is going to happen.
Most recent news was about 10 days ago...

New York Times article on Kamila Valieva; not much new in it, just a sort of recap of what happened. Someone on Reddit unlocked it, so there's no paywall.
Essentially, whenever RUSADA gets their act together and completes the initial investigation for WADA.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Skate Canada shared these photos of first time HP camp attendees.

I love Stellato’s answer for what do you want to be when you grow up.

shutterbug

Skate Canada shared these photos of first time HP camp attendees.

I love Stellato’s answer for what do you want to be when you grow up.
Tyler Gunara's response to the same question totally cracked me up. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information