Skate Canada 2023 in Vancouver

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Practice cams will be available for SCI!

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Practice cams will be available for SCI!

From an e-mail just received from Skate Canada

Skate Canada Announces 2023 Skate Canada International Broadcast Team

Skate Canada is pleased to announce the talented team of former high performance athletes that will bring a fresh approach to skating coverage at 2023 Skate Canada International, which will take place in Vancouver, B.C., from October 27-29, 2023.

Our live stream will welcome back Kevin Reynolds, Kaetlyn Osmond, Kirsten Moore-Towers, and Kaitlyn Weaver, along with host Ted Barton to provide us with in-depth commentary throughout the week for English viewers. French viewers will also receive top-notch coverage throughout the event as Alicia Pineault, Charlie Bilodeau, Élisabeth Paradis, and Laurence Darveau make their live stream debut.

This enhanced production aims at providing positive analysis of our sport and a supportive approach to help skaters on their individual journeys to achieve excellence. Fans can stream 2023 Skate Canada International on skatecanada.ca, CBC.ca, or CBC Gem. These will be the only places to watch this prestigious event, as there will be no network broadcast.

For more information about Skate Canada International, click here.

Judy

From an e-mail just received from Skate Canada

Skate Canada Announces 2023 Skate Canada International Broadcast Team

Skate Canada is pleased to announce the talented team of former high performance athletes that will bring a fresh approach to skating coverage at 2023 Skate Canada International, which will take place in Vancouver, B.C., from October 27-29, 2023.

Our live stream will welcome back Kevin Reynolds, Kaetlyn Osmond, Kirsten Moore-Towers, and Kaitlyn Weaver, along with host Ted Barton to provide us with in-depth commentary throughout the week for English viewers. French viewers will also receive top-notch coverage throughout the event as Alicia Pineault, Charlie Bilodeau, Élisabeth Paradis, and Laurence Darveau make their live stream debut.

This enhanced production aims at providing positive analysis of our sport and a supportive approach to help skaters on their individual journeys to achieve excellence. Fans can stream 2023 Skate Canada International on skatecanada.ca, CBC.ca, or CBC Gem. These will be the only places to watch this prestigious event, as there will be no network broadcast.

For more information about Skate Canada International, click here.
That would be awesome. I don’t subscribe anymore to regular tv (very expensive and a lot of crap). Most stuff I can stream etc.

Sonata

That’s too bad it’s not being broadcast on network tv. Figure skating used to be a jewel in the Canadian sports landscape.

I do not know half of the French broadcasting team. I guess this confirms Alicia Pineault retired.

Jonas

I'm hoping there won't be a long delay between the LIVE stream and when these vids will be archived and available for on-demand viewing. I don't have any issues w/Ted Barton -- I respect the man's work during the Jr. Grand Prix events. However, I just might tune into the French broadcast to see how much I can understand!

Your thoughts...

Sylvia

TBD
"With no TV broadcast available this weekend, fans will need to fire up their phones, tablets or computers to catch all the action from Vancouver. And there's lots to see." By Rob Brodie:

ETA: I've cross-posted this article in the TV Alerts forum.

Last edited:

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Hi guys just a heads up there is a fake skate Canada international Facebook, that asks to be your friend and copies the real site. This site asks you for your credit card to watch the skating online. I noticed that several FSU are friends with it. Don’t give your credit card number.

victorskid

Hi guys just a heads up there is a fake skate Canada international Facebook, that asks to be your friend and copies the real site. This site asks you for your credit card to watch the skating online. I noticed that several FSU are friends with it. Don’t give your credit card number.
I hope you reported it to FB security!!

Aaron MB Fan

I received a friend request from this account. Normally I never fall for these, but I noticed multiple FB friends of mine that were already friends with the account/following it. So I was about to accept but I thought, no, this has to be a scam. Glad I did not accept the invite and thank you for sharing! Just declined the invite and reported the account.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
They wont do anything only skate Canada can

Facebook security can shut down scam accounts, if they see that the scammer is duplicating an existing account and asking for information that the existing account would never request (like credit card info).

4rkidz

Facebook security can shut down scam accounts, if they see that the scammer is duplicating an existing account and asking for information that the existing account would never request (like credit card info).
Well I have reported it multiple times and they do nothing same with the Arctic winter games last year, their AI doesn’t seem to recognize the scam duplicate accts

4rkidz

This is not true. If it is reported, especially a multitude of times, Facebook will step in and ask for proof of them being who they are, or simply see that it's not the official SC page.
Well so far like a dozen people have and it’s still there so will see

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Well, Skate Canada can't shut down a FB account that they don't own. Only Facebook can shut down scam accounts. Whether they actually get around to doing it is a different issue.

Judy

Well, Skate Canada can't shut down a FB account that they don't own. Only Facebook can shut down scam accounts. Whether they actually get around to doing it is a different issue.
Skate Canada can report from their page vs the general public which will go absolutely no where.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Well I have reported it multiple times and they do nothing same with the Arctic winter games last year, their AI doesn’t seem to recognize the scam duplicate accts
Give it some time. IME with friends who have their account cloned, it can take up to 24 hours at times.

victorskid

In addition to reporting it to Facebook, I have chosen to put up a warning note about it on my own page - that way any of my FB friends who are skating fans will be warned while it's still up.

4rkidz

In addition to reporting it to Facebook, I have chosen to put up a warning note about it on my own page - that way any of my FB friends who are skating fans will be warned while it's still up.
Yeah that’s what I did I took a photo of the fake page and posted it along with the legitimate site

Susy

Judy

It’s is under a different name.. might be difficult to report. I personally don’t follow Skate Canada on Facebook but they never have international in their name and they always include French.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information