Skate America 2023 - Rhythm Dance- “All My Edges Live in Texas”

Allen

Glad to be back!
I think Olivia and Tim skated well, but I was so scared her wig was going to fly off that I couldn't focus on anything else.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Excellent GP debut for SmaDie! They seem to be improving their speed and that program - they are both such stars!

Sally1214

Phew .... just made it in time to see the first dancers! Still have a bit of the fish cakes I just made under my nails but I'll get that taken care of. Loved the color or Olivia's unitard and really enjoyed that dance. Although, one of my cats is desperately wishing I would get settled so he can "settle" in on my lap.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
It's crazy they're already scoring over 70 at a GP as the first couple. And PCS already in the 8s. The steps were really shaky, the twizzles weren't smooth. Charisma can get you pretty far in today's Ice Dance.

Allen

Glad to be back!
Is hot pink really popular in the Czech Republic? I feel like every female ice dancer wears it in at least one program every year.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Isn’t it going to be AWHILE before Dieck can become a Spanish citizen? Plus, what about the residency requirement? They live and train in Montreal.
Not based on how quickly Marco Zandron got his in 2021 after Barquero/Zandron qualified a pairs spot for Beijing.

peibeck

Simply looking
Taking a page out of Plushenko's choreography that was just spoken of last night, I see.

This is... alright. Understandably not super secure deep edges as a team yet, and I still don't think she's a brilliant dancer on her own. Sorry.

I don't disagree with this, and dressing her like a Smurf doesn't help cover some of her weaknesses.

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
That score will hold up through this group. I think. Maybe not, this sib team bringing it. Tech score little lower but they got some nice GOE.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
It's crazy they're already scoring over 70 at a GP as the first couple. And PCS already in the 8s. The steps were really shaky, the twizzles weren't smooth. Charisma can get you pretty far in today's Ice Dance.
CharismaticCharacter Step Sequence

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Already such a contrast with the Mrazeks. Such to die for edges. Smooth skating, and I'm just never worried. That chore step was great looking at their feet, but waist up she's all wrong. Daniel is the whole package, so the contrast between the two is just so distracting.

And there's just no charisma between them for a program like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information