2023 Skate America Free Dance - Don’t Miss with Texas

sap5

I fully recognize all of C/B’s technical deficiencies, but especially after 4 straight tinkly programs, I really enjoyed it, and look forward to the progression over the season. They have spectacular lifts and interesting movements and poses (again, I know that the focus should be on the dancing), and it makes for a really enjoyable package.
I blame the rules for this. C/B are taking full advantage of the way teams don't need to actually skate to fulfill all the requirements. Good for them, bad for me.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I think there’s a recent rule change whereby you also get a ! if you skate more than 2 arm’s lengths apart and that’s what got them both because their coach hasn’t touched up their programs yet.
I am curious exactly how 2 arm’s lengths is measured, if any dance experts know. Is there a computer program that actually calculates this?

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
I am curious exactly how 2 arm’s lengths is measured, if any dance experts know. Is there a computer program that actually calculates this?
No, it's just based on the view of the technical panel. This sort of distance between partners is pretty common if you read the Ice Dance technical requirements so the technical panels should be pretty used to calling it correctly.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
And tbh most of the time it's pretty easy to see because they are either easily close enough that you can tell or they are miles apart. There's not a lot of in-between.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
And tbh most of the time it's pretty easy to see because they are either easily close enough that you can tell or they are miles apart. There's not a lot of in-between.
I can spot it easily in the twizzles so I guess I just need to pay more attention during the character step sequence. Will need to re-watch both programs to see.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
I'm not that unhappy about there being a lot of lyrical instrumental music being used. I enjoyed the elegance of them.

Not sold on Chock/Bates' program yet. I think I'll need to see it again. Start of it was terrific though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information