2023 Skate America Free Dance - Don’t Miss with Texas

ilovepaydays

I liked the speed and edges of the Mrazeks. Too bad about that missed lift.

And I’m not a fan of them grabbing the judges tables. Or whatever that was.

VGThuy

That one-foot sequence was very fast and kind of went with the ebb and flow of the music. That’s how I like it.

Then they didn’t stupid grabbing the judges’ table thing with those unattractive backwards kicks to follow.

mtnskater

I saw Swan Lake at the Colorado Ballet recently. This was not a night at the ballet for me. Missing the subtlety, nuance and grace. But their speed is fun. More work needed on posture, line, extension for her. Think I saw a big mistake in there. They skated this much better in practice this morning.

floridaice

Was that an aborted assisted lift or something?

Did something not happen that was supposed to happen for the Mrazeks? It looked like they skated through an element.

ETA: I guess not, since they have green boxes for everything, but that was a strange moment. The program doesn't particularly suit them(her).
It looked that way to me too -- something wasn't done that was planned.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
M/m absolutely stunning save the one big error. Twizzles literally covered half the rink. Even the isu people in front of me were talking about it. Incredible ice coverage and just beautiful skating.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Daniel is so good. Katerina's shoulders and back are bothering me so much. He's water and she's like a wall. They were so impressive as juniors, but compared to this field it's such a glaring weakness.

I like this program, and I think it's a good vehicle to have Katerina work on her weaknesses faster, because she has to for this program to work at all.

Debbie S

Did something not happen that was supposed to happen for the Mrazeks? It looked like they skated through an element.

ETA: I guess not, since they have green boxes for everything, but that was a strange moment. The program doesn't particularly suit them(her).
Looks like they missed either a choreo lift or the difficult entrance to their spin.

Primorskaya

I don't know what they're trying to do but it's neither Swan Lake nor Black Swan to me.
ISU commenter (can't remember his name, I only like Mark) throwing subtle shade saying "Skated like Junior World Champions".
OK not so subtle shade, now saying he finds them technically great but stiff. Can't disagree.

Sally1214

I enjoyed Ekaterina and Daniel but preferred the Koreans by quite a bit. Wonderful costumes for this program too. I'm not annoyed when skaters touch the boards but I fail to see how it adds anything to the performance ... maybe just me.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I don't know what they're trying to do but it's neither Swan Lake nor Black Swan to me.
ISU commenter (can't remember his name, I only like Mark) throwing subtle shade saying "Skated like Junior World Champions".
OK not so subtle shade, now saying he finds them technically great but stiff. Can't disagree.
Well she looked like roadkill in a few of those lifts so I think it's just their unique interpretation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information