Skate America 2021 Returns to Las Vegas

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I found the form suspect as well, but someone from USFS emailed within a few hours with the FOFS code so I could buy my tickets early. And yesterday I got a package from them which included a 2021 skating calendar :)cheer2:) and some butt-ugly coasters :)confused:).

no link on the website yet. No email! I did make payment last night at 6pm PST, so if it's not an automated process (which I'd expect, but maybe I shouldn't) but someone manual, I suppose they will email me sometime today.

edit: got my tickets, ran into the same issue 'can't select single tickets' even when they're already single. A bug I suspect. I picked something else. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
I would have thought you would have someone to tote your tote around for you? Like to save your manicure or something?
Mr. Bottems will not be attending this year.

Surely BB you will be given VIP treatment and such rules that apply to the "little people" are beneath your concern
I do not wish to glaringly break rules,as seems to be the norm in our nation nowadays,but a plastic tote is a non-negotiable. Fortunately I have an email into Rusty.

-BB

MCsAngel2

Got my ticket - Only one practice session, Thursday morning? (I won't even be there yet). Why do you think they didn't include access to the Friday and Saturday morning practice sessions?

MCsAngel2

The All Event ticket includes access to the Friday and Saturday practice sessions.
So I'm the only one who's ticket only included 6 sessions? Thurs am practice, Fri session 1 short program, Friday session 2 short program, Sat session 3 long program, Sat session 4 long program, and the gala?

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Article about Las Vegas' reopening:
The new Resort World is worthy of a resort fee. :summer: The pools, the dining options! Now if they had only built an arena instead of a concert hall.

I saw video of the newly reopened Bacchanal buffet and in most areas it’s serve yourself (obviously as they wouldn’t have the staff for that size buffet). I’m not sure I will ever be ready to touch a utensil hundreds of others have touched.

MountainSpring

Is there still a special rate for the Orleans hotel? I remember seeing a link from the event webpage a few days ago. But it is nowhere to be found now...

meggonzo

Banned Member
Is there still a special rate for the Orleans hotel? I remember seeing a link from the event webpage a few days ago. But it is nowhere to be found now...
I see the rate listing is not on the page anymore, so maybe they sold out the rooms at the special rates?

Barbara Manatee

Give the Orleans a call. In 2019 I putzed around and missed the special rate window so I called a few days later, explained that I was a nitwit, and they gave me the deal. There wasn't a football game that weekend, though.

SidelineSkater

Random tip for anyone looking to stay on the strip. The MGM/MLife properties do a status match/tier match with certain partners. For anyone holding a Hyatt Credit Card or who has status with Hyatt, they will match "Hyatt Member" to "Mlife Sapphire" and "Hyatt Discoverist" to "Mlife Pearl". Depending on the Mlife level, you get X% off room rates. Right now, I'm seeing about an $80/night difference between being an Mlife member and not.

I think Wyndham matches with Caesar's properties too - but I'm not as familiar.

Regardless of where you stay, I'd advise to book now. Between the Raiders home game and the Electric Daisy Carnival (a large electronic dance party for those who don't know...myself included)...and of course SKAM 2021, there's a lot going on that weekend and people are excited to be out and about.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Just called Orleans. It turned out that all the rooms with the special rate were sold out for the Friday and Saturday. 😟 I didn't quite expect that it would be gone so fast!
Sounds like the inventory was lower in general. I also wouldn’t be surprised if some of those coming for the football game used the special rate for Skate America to book their rooms.

A.H.Black

I'm guessing the only real practice sessions will be on Thursday. With all 4 disciplines competing on Friday and Saturday, I would think those days will only be warm-ups without programs being played.

Sylvia

TBD
Does anyone have a SKAM schedule from like 2019? I'm not sure what days to book for airplane and hotel. Do we get to watch practice sessions days before the competition?
I'm guessing the only real practice sessions will be on Thursday. With all 4 disciplines competing on Friday and Saturday, I would think those days will only be warm-ups without programs being played.
The skaters' music was played in every practice from Thursday through Saturday in 2019. The exhibition practice on Sunday is not open to the public.

SidelineSkater

End of June is what I'm hearing (unofficially).

The GP selection meeting is separate from the ISU Council meetings.

Thank you so much! I recall you mentioning that in another thread - possibly the potential assignments thread - and knew you'd have some helpful info.

Not to derail this further, but thank you Sylvia for your patience, knowledge and passion for keeping things updated and lively around here. You and others who are the lifelines of FSU really do a tremendous job.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
I am considering very seriously to go but most likely will be to the saturday session only

Any advice of a near hotel to the rink? I know the Orleans is already booked out, so any options the closest to the place? I would even consider a cheap hotel since I will be staying one night only

Thanks

SDoesNotKnow

I just went on the 2021 SA website and the Gold Coast is now offering the discounted hotel prices that the Orleans did before they ran out. From Google Maps, it's a 5 min drive or a 26 minute walk from the arena. I hope that is helpful.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I am considering very seriously to go but most likely will be to the saturday session only

Any advice of a near hotel to the rink? I know the Orleans is already booked out, so any options the closest to the place? I would even consider a cheap hotel since I will be staying one night only

Thanks
If you are flying I would suggest just staying at a hotel near the airport with free airport shuttle. Take free shuttle to your hotel, drop bags then Uber to and from arena. Then free airport shuttle the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information