Shibutanis thread 3: Evolution

VGThuy

New vlog from the Shibs showing us a bit of what they've been working on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_U5uBwFwBY

I'm assuming Perez Prado's version of ["Mambo No. 5"] (thanks Dobre for pointing out my mistake when I first said "Historia de un Amor") will be a part of their SD, which they worked on with Maxim Kozhevnikov. Also, Peter Tchernyshev worked on their FD.

ETA: Found this on Kozhevnikov's website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbPKCg5K2qI

Looks like he and Yulia Zagoruychenko are to blame for Hip Hip Chin Chin.

ETA2: It seems Alex went to Marina with the SD music. I hope Alex channels his inner Dai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6857GWqOmk8

Last edited:

chapis

I want watch the videos now and I can't :wall: until tomorrow. I guess they will be using 3 pieces like almost each team.

VGThuy

I want watch the videos now and I can't :wall: until tomorrow. I guess they will be using 3 pieces like almost each team.

Maybe not. Dai only used two pieces of Perez Prado. I think the Shibs may use 3 but I can see them going with 2 as well.

chapis

Maybe not. Dai only used two pieces of Perez Prado. I think the Shibs may use 3 but I can see them going with 2 as well.

Do you mean 2 songs but one of them with 2 rhythms? If they are really using Historia de un amor I guess that song is for the pattern.

chapis

They only need to have two rhythms in the SD, not three.

I know but everyone are using 3. It is an unwritten rule, for unknown reasons, 3 must be better than 2 :COP:.

I hope that Maia is taking notes from Kana, M/R were working with Serge too? Kaitlin did it and her moves are :scream:. I guess Kana is a natural

Dobre

OMG, that's totally a different piece he played. Never mind. LOL.

LOL. I couldn't even tell that he was playing anything. I only heard her laughing so you caught more than me.

But I am curious about this SD concept.

What piece did he actually play?

VGThuy

LOL. I couldn't even tell that he was playing anything. I only heard her laughing so you caught more than me.

But I am curious about this SD concept.

What piece did he actually play?

Mambo No. 5 by Perez Prado.

chapis

lol, me too, I was too much distracted by Marina and I did not pay attention.So Mambo no. 5!!! Great!!, when they posted the picture of Pérez Prado it was from his album PREZ, so in the list of songs is not mambo n. 5, I was dissapointed, I am so glad they include it :biggrinbo :biggrinbo

Here the live instagram from yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5dxCNP1zs

CassAgain

I belong to Postcrossing and as such send and receive postcards to/from all over the world. I had one this week from Kazahkstan, who listed the Shibs as her favorite skaters. She is attending Cup of Russia; will the Shibs be there this year?

VGThuy

I belong to Postcrossing and as such send and receive postcards to/from all over the world. I had one this week from Kazahkstan, who listed the Shibs as her favorite skaters. She is attending Cup of Russia; will the Shibs be there this year?

Yep. They will be at Rostelecom Cup and Skate America this season. First GP and last GP event.

chapis

oh, that is cool, they have many fans from Kazahkstan, I guess because they are friends with Denis and because they were invited to his ice show in 2015. It is great that she will be attending Cup of Russia.

SCeline

Omg, I am about to unfollow to the Shibs because of all those LA olympics posts :rofl:.

I realize you're only joking ;) but I totally "get" the Shibs' enthusiasm. You can tell from their social how committed and involved they are as Olympic Athlete Advisory Members, putting consistent effort into supporting the bid, attending events, etc. I think figure skating should appreciate having champions like Maia and Alex who put effort into being positive representatives for the sport. They could be "in their training bubble" 24x7 but instead find ways to be generous, with their time and effort, on behalf of a LOT of causes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ings-ambassadors-sport-south-korea/585129001/

VGThuy

Arden Cho's IG story has some clips of the Shibs at the I Heart Radio festival in Las Vegas.

This are some screenshots of the Shibs eating with Ryan Higa and Arden and belatedly celebrating Maia's birthday in Las Vegas: https://instagram.com/p/BZXMuxAA7mb/

I am enjoying this surge of Coldplay FDs since Fix You. The Shib sibs impact!

Me too. How many has it been so far? I know of one junior team and one male skater. I also think Adam Rippon got his idea for "O" from the Shibs' 2014-2015 exhibition.

Last edited:

Dobre

Me too. How many has it been so far? I know of one junior team and one male skater.

Ziegler & Kiefer are using Fix You for their free skate in pairs. (If I remember correctly, it's a duet version. Quite nice for them, though I like their SP even better this season).

DreamSkates

Yeah but B/S have two months to work on it and you know how quickly programs can progress. Plus the question is if the Shibs can do anything better. I myself think they definitely can, but it will come down to levels and GOE and they need to not only hit those levels but look masterful in doing it by going above and beyond and executing and dancing like rent is due.
I will bet my lucky dollar that is exactly what they are doing! They are smart competitors and have great coaches, all of whom would like to see an Olympic medal hanging around their necks especially after winning one at Worlds this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information