Shibutanis thread 3: Evolution

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
I like their SD music choices. But I dread every program when seeing who choreographed it.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Well considering that Marina's camp has produced SD that are not dreadfull, I can say that this program will be very good (or good).
It's for the FD I fear :(

chapis

Their information was updated:

SD: Mambo: Mambo No. 5 by Perez Prado, Cha Cha: Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Perez Prado, Samba: Mambo Jambo/Mambo No. 8 by Perez Prado5";
choreo by M Zueva, M. Scali, R. Roca, S. Lambiel

FD: "Paradise" by Coldplay;

I am really happy about Mambo Jambo and Mambo n. 8, but I am not sure about ONLY Paradise for FD, I was hoping they would add Sky full of stars, well, let's hope Ryan has made the necessary arrangements.

Dobre

Their information was updated:

SD: Mambo: Mambo No. 5 by Perez Prado, Cha Cha: Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Perez Prado, Samba: Mambo Jambo/Mambo No. 8 by Perez Prado5";

FD: "Paradise" by Coldplay;

Yay! Official news.

VGThuy

Well considering that Marina's camp has produced SD that are not dreadfull, I can say that this program will be very good (or good).
It's for the FD I fear :(

I hope you like/love both of their programs. :) I hope I truly do too, :lol:.

Looking at the Shibs' Latin choices, I really do wonder if they were inspired by Daisuke Takahashi's 2010-2011 SP. Yeah, I know Perez Prado is an old hat when it comes to ice dance, but Daisuke was doing that SP and getting crazy responses for it at every international competition the Shibs did that season outside the senior B they did before Skate America.

clairecloutier

In this season of "reinterpreted Latin," maybe the Shibs will actually stand out by doing something a little more traditional! Hopefully they can make it really fun. I'm really looking forward to the SD. Really uncertain about the FD, TBH.

VGThuy

In this season of "reinterpreted Latin," maybe the Shibs will actually stand out by doing something a little more traditional! Hopefully they can make it really fun. I'm really looking forward to the SD. Really uncertain about the FD, TBH.

I hope the edit is good and they play around with instrumentals and maybe adding more to it. Right now, I'm skeptical that the song, as is, is enough for a FD. But then I should trust the Shibs when it comes to their music edits, at least as of late.

Sort of glad we'll be seeing two mambos at COR starting off the GP series between the Shibs and Gilles/Poirier. I already love G/P's SD and I hope I love the Shibs' SD as well.

chapis

I hope you like/love both of their programs. :) I hope I truly do too, :lol:.

I copied the information from Doris who copied from the ISU, I guess. http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00011168.htm
It only says choreographers: M Zueva, M. Scali, R. Roca, S. Lambiel, I wonder if only 4 names were permitted to be added, I think Lambiel was only involved with the FD, they went to Switzerland just after worlds, when they said that the SD was not a clear idea. And this other person who apparently trains in Canton saying that Massimo choreo the FD.

In wikipedia it only says the music, not the choreographers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Shibutani. I think with the Shibs we really never will know exactly how did contribute each collaborator.

I hope practices are open to public and someone will upload a video, I am not prepared to discover their programs at the competition, I can´t handle that pressure :wuzrobbed.

God, I've been listening to the song of Cherry pink no stop, it's too good, I would have loved they dance it complete in an exhibition.

VGThuy

I wonder if it starts out with the Mambo No. 5, and then goes into the traditional Cherry Pink Cha Cha and then it transitions into their samba mix of Mambo No. 8/Cherry Pink because you can still hear Cherry Pink's melody against the beat at the end.

chapis

I wonder if it starts out with the Mambo No. 5, and then goes into the traditional Cherry Pink Cha Cha and then it transitions into their samba mix of Mambo No. 8/Cherry Pink because you can still hear Cherry Pink's melody against the beat at the end.

Yes, I was thinking that Cherry pink sounds like samba in their video, but in the ISU it says Cha Cha, I think it will be like you said it.

MRani

I wonder if this really confirms though that Paradise is the only song in the free dance. I might be remembering wrong but did they list Fix You and The Scientist in their ISU bio in the beginning of the 2015-16 season before Skate Canada? They might still only be using Paradise but they might also have a surprise for us. Or maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part :p

VGThuy

I wonder if this really confirms though that Paradise is the only song in the free dance. I might be remembering wrong but did they list Fix You and The Scientist in their ISU bio in the beginning of the 2015-16 season before Skate Canada? They might still only be using Paradise but they might also have a surprise for us. Or maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part :p

I don't think they listed "The Scientist" as part of their music on their ISU bios, but I could be wrong about that.

chapis

Last season they did not mentioned at first Truman Sleeps either, although this was a very important part of the program.

Judges for Milan 2018 http://www.isu.org/inside-single-pa...ications-fs/15195-isu-communication-2122/file

No american, french or russian, but there is a canadian judge.

Spiralgraph

I was thinking that exact thing earlier when I first read Chapis' post about their music choices. Paradise might not be the single selection. I have a sudden impulse to listen to that and Cherry Pink...

MRani

Thanks for your replies Chapis and VIETgrlTerifa. Because of their recent habit of not revealing all of their FD music choices prior to competing, I think there’s a chance there’s another music selection or two that we don’t know about yet.

sap5

Who are all the teams doing "reinterpreted Latin" again? I'm trying to get the fan lists of "reinterpreted Latin", "ice dance Latin", "true Latin", etc., to make sense in my mind.

clairecloutier

Who are all the teams doing "reinterpreted Latin" again? I'm trying to get the fan lists of "reinterpreted Latin", "ice dance Latin", "true Latin", etc., to make sense in my mind.

In terms of "reinterpreted Latin," I was mainly thinking of V/M and P/C--as leaders of the field, I kind of feel like they're setting the tone this year. But you could also include Hawayek/Baker and Hurtado/Khaliavin. There's probably more teams, too, that I can't name off the top of my head, who might fall in this category.

Hubbell/Donohue's SD is also a little different than the standard, often OTT ice dance Latin. Although I know from speaking with them at U.S. Classic that their inspiration was ballroom Latin.

Spun Silver

Anybody else think they were suggesting a thread title in their Instagram today? “#PerfectingtheJourney”

Pity I am so sick of hearing skaters talk about their journeys!

chapis

Anybody else think they were suggesting a thread title in their Instagram today? “#PerfectingtheJourney”

Pity I am so sick of hearing skaters talk about their journeys!

No. They are just promoting TUMI. They are sponsors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information