Seeing old posts

MacMadame

Doing all the things
When I click on the thread name link that is supposed to bring you to the first unread post, it often brings me to posts that I have already read. At first, I thought it was because I was switching between computers but then I noticed it would happen on the same computer. So it just randomly happens. It just happened today and I definitely didn't do anything weird like have FSU open on different pages or switch from work to home computer.

Not sure what is up.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
Clicking the thread title link will take you to different places depending on whether you've read the posts or not.

If you've read everything in a thread, you'll be taken to the first post.

If there are new posts, you'll be taken to the first unread.

Is that what you're seeing?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm being taken to a post from a few days ago that I've already read. The newest unread post is a few posts down from that.

LeafOnTheWind

I'm being taken to a post from a few days ago that I've already read. The newest unread post is a few posts down from that.
It could be a problem with outside links. I've had issues with the page scrolling down to the correct new post but losing it once the embedded links load and expand the posts above. Then I have to scroll down to the correct new post. I will post a link to one of these threads when I run across it again.

ETA: That didn't take long to find.

There are a lot of embedded links from Instagram that take longer to load. The page keeps scrolling and loses the spot for the new post.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
That could be it. It just happened to me again and the posts I was taken to don't have the red NEW on them but the last post in the thread does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information