Sean Rice has died

paskatefan

OMG! We saw him (and got to speak to him pre-show & post show) @ the October 2016 Family Skating Tribute show in Pittsburgh, PA. May his memory be for a blessing.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Here’s a link with (I hope) less creepy ads embedded.

yfbg722

My heart is breaking for Jodeyne and especially for Signey. It was clear they had such a beautiful father daughter relationship and she’s still so young. I didn’t know twins were expected too. Even sadder he didn’t get to live to raise his family. Wishing them all lots of strength to get through this.

Candleonwater

I was shocked when I was told earlier today especially because his wife Jodeyne is pregnant with their twins :( so sad for her. There is a go fund me page that was set up for the family.
I was beginning to think I had dreamed Jodeyne was pregnant. No one has been mentioning that detail. Can't even remember how I learned she was pregnant. I am just gutted over this news as we have known Sean (or Mister Bubbles as my daughter has always known him) for a long time, and he has helped my daughter so much over the years. Also sad because the last pic of my daughter with Sean and Jodeyne lived solely on his facebook and it appears he deleted his account.

shutterbug

A little news about Jodeyne Higgins: Canadian figure skater, Stratford native Jodeyne Higgins awarded city's Bronze Star

Rice unexpectedly died in January at the age of 49, sending family, friends, and the international skating community into mourning.

Suddenly, Higgins was without her safety net.

“It was a shock,” she said a few hours before Saturday’s ceremony in Market Square. “You wake up one morning and your life is completely different, but you’ve got to keep going and you’ve got to find ways to still love life. I’ve got a daughter and she’s eight and she’s amazing, so you keep going for her and keep (helping) her fulfil her dreams.”

Stratford awards its Bronze Star to individuals who have contributed profoundly to the city or achieved national or international status. Higgins, who learned to skate on a backyard rink before joining the Stratford Figure Skating Club, was able to share the news of her award with Rice last year, though the celebration was postponed because of the pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information