Rupaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 4

antmanb

I didn't see a thread for this. The Queens for AS season 4 were revealed a couple of weeks ago, and the air date for the 1st episode is 14th December: http://rupaulsdragrace.wikia.com/wiki/RuPaul's_Drag_Race_All_Stars_(Season_4)

I'm disappointed that Latrice Royale and Manila are both back having already been in an AS season.

Also there's a lot of queens that left early in this season which doesn't bode so well for the quality.

Also still no Kim Chee :wuzrobbed:

FiveRinger

Who’s watching? I am watching now, since I checked Wikipedia and know who was eliminated. Can I admit to being underwhelmed 20 minutes in.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The “talent” show had less talent than a typical elementary school show and tell. If you enjoy watching people bomb, you’ll enjoy the episode. Not a good start and it doesn’t bode well for snatch game either. With a few exceptions, these queens aren’t all that funny or interesting. Latrice FTW!

jamesy

delightful
I don't mind that Latrice and Manila are back for a 3rd time (especially since that ship sailed with Shangela.) Even with the two of them added in, the cast is heavily lopsided in favor of seasons 6-10. After watching the episode, I'm especially glad they're on; there's an old school kind of charm to them and I'm loving their reactions to the newer queens.

But, yeah, they better be saving Kim Chi for her AS5 crowning. :drama:

FiveRinger

After the library closed, I turned it off. The reads weren't even particularly funny, and I live for those. On the surface, I thought that this might be an exciting cast, but now, not so much. There's going to be all kinds of drama, though, with Gia, Valentina, and Farrah Moan. If they don't turn up the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent in the next episode, I'm going to have to pass. If I wanted drama, I could go watch House of Flowers, or turn on CNN, ffs.

skateboy

I would have preferred that Farrah Moan was eliminated (not that the option was any better).

Aceon6

Now watch them drag her to the end a la Roxxxy.
They’re already setting her up for a redemption arc. I give them one more show, then she’ll be the star of a winning team and get her wings. I bet $1.

topaz

I like all the queens chosen except for Gia Gunn. I was never a fan originally and now I feel she is playing the game.

Farrah Moan - She's a young queen but absolutely gorgeous in and out of drag. I thought her burlesque routine was going well but she is intimidated.

I really don't know who will be the final 4 queens. But I would think Latrice, Manilla, Valentina and Monique will be the final 4 queens.

The rumor is that the runway looks were EPIC and OUTSTANDING. Everyone brought their A+ game.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I like Farrah just because she seems to be a nice person. A bit naïve and not the brightest spark, but does do gorgeous drag and is one of the more beautiful queens on the show. He burlesque was okay until she fell.

Gia Gunn annoyed me before and still annoys me.

antmanb

Wow all quiet in here :lol:

Are people watching? I'm finding the edits are irritating as usual. And Rupaul's ploy to get Latrice back in was predictable and pointless. I think Latrice has been very weak this whole season and hopefully will just go again this week.

Aceon6

Wow all quiet in here :lol:

Are people watching? I'm finding the edits are irritating as usual. And Rupaul's ploy to get Latrice back in was predictable and pointless. I think Latrice has been very weak this whole season and hopefully will just go again this week.
Agree. Latrice was all that back in her heyday, but it's not wearing well. The energy level is way off, although I do believe her overall look is much improved.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Even though the show was finally winning awards last season after all of these years, the formula is stale now. The low-budget to non-budget challenges are really hit or miss, and this group isn't particularly the most engaging.

The jokes the panel tries to make during the runways are typically cringeworthy, too.

Aussie Willy

I have been watching and quite enjoying it, although the show does seem to have lost some of it's zing. Manila is rising to the top.

The Roast episode was a bit of a flop though - only a couple were funny.

I don't know if anyone else saw the Pit Stop with Trixie on Facebook where Kim Chi was dressed as a teddy bear. Amazing. Kim Chi better come back for All Stars 5.

antmanb

They had Kim Chi in the Rupaul's hour long advert for his Christmas album special so she's obviously up for doing more, I don't understand why she hasn't been on an all stars yet.

Aussie Willy

They had Kim Chi in the Rupaul's hour long advert for his Christmas album special so she's obviously up for doing more, I don't understand why she hasn't been on an all stars yet.
I saw that. It wasn't very memorable.

jamesy

delightful
I still love Latrice, but the entitlement and feeling that she “deserved” to be there was a bit of a turn off. I’m glad she gets another chance, though, and hope she steps up her game.

Aussie Willy

I still love Latrice, but the entitlement and feeling that she “deserved” to be there was a bit of a turn off. I’m glad she gets another chance, though, and hope she steps up her game.
I don't know whether it is just being a drag queen or contestant on the show, but they all come across as pretty entitled.

Aceon6

I smell Ru's producers at work. Keep the legacy queens in for as long as possible to build up ticket sales for the tour, but find someone new to promote. For a while, I was sure Naomi, Monet and Monique were goners, but it seems that it's set up for them to be the final three.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I smell Ru's producers at work. Keep the legacy queens in for as long as possible to build up ticket sales for the tour, but find someone new to promote. For a while, I was sure Naomi, Monet and Monique were goners, but it seems that it's set up for them to be the final three.

I think Trinity makes the strongest case at this point and Naomi was really an unfortunate afterthought all season until this episode. I know everyone loves Latrice but she’s going to probably get pulled even further when she’s had a very mediocre season (like Roxxxy was in season 2). Top 3 all things considered, at this point for me, would be Trinity, Monét, and Naomi.

antmanb

Thank god Latrice's time has finally come. The shock on Ru's face was ridiculous, she's been the worst queen for the last few weeks now.

Of the final four I think I prefer Trinity, but I wouldn't be upset if Monique won either.

just tuned in

Thank god Latrice's time has finally come. The shock on Ru's face was ridiculous, she's been the worst queen for the last few weeks now.

Of the final four I think I prefer Trinity, but I wouldn't be upset if Monique won either.

I agree. I did not watch previous seasons, just seeing what I am seeing now. I do not like Latrice. Her drag is boring and I don't like her attitude. Her shade is just mean and not funny. I would have liked to see more Valentina and of course, more Manila Luzon.

I wonder if this show would work as an audience vote thing.

antmanb

No-one talking about the final?

I thought the double win was a cop out. Monet was phenomenal in the final episode but over the whole series Trinity killed it so I don't think it was close enough to warrant a double win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information