Ru Paul's Drag Race - Spring 2017

berthesghost

Imo this is between Shea and Sasha. Both peppermint and trinity are too old school drag to ever be considered "the next.."
The only OG to win was Bianca and she basically mopped the floor with her season. The times trinity and peppermint slayed Shea and Sasha were few and far between.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
BUT IM JUSTTT LUUUUURVVVINNNGGGG ME SOME TRINITY!!!

Ive been watching Charlies youtube page for years but she was a bit full of excuses last night on reunion.

Some say the winner was leaked on Thursday when they put a picture of Sasha on the main Twitter photo and then was promptly removed... so we shall see.

BTW my drag name is Victoria Secretions. What are yours? (and my tag line is: Now we know why she kept it a secret.)

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I didn't enjoy the reunion episode at all. The whole thing seemed so "yes you did, no I didn't, yes you did" and not the least bit enlightening or entertaining. If that's how the queens feel about each other, the finale won't have much joy.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Interesting reunion episode last night. Obviously filmed a few months after the finished filming. Lots of snarking and bitchiness. Particularly towards Valentina. I like that Ru called a few of them out. Thought Shae probably said too much - she had an opinion on everything which can be tiresome.

I am still rooting for Sasha.

My drag name - hmmmm - maybe it would have to have something with Labia in it.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
^^^ Yes, taped last Saturday so it aired 6 days after they taped it.

Season 9 finished taping last September so it was 9 months since they had finished the last episode.

berthesghost

I thought that was the best reunion ever. The fighting wasn't about petty bs we couldn't care less about like some past season, but it wasn't the dull "everybody make nice" that others were. The drama was both real and what the fans cared about. The take down of Miss not congenial was epic!

Losers: Charlie, Valentina, Alexis and Nina, all of whom were given 100 chances to redeem themselves but just doubled down on their mistakes instead. Zero new fans won.

Winners: Aja and Farrah who both had moments that made them stand out like they didn't in the show, which hello!, is exactly what any smart person would use the reunion for.

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I thought the finale was a let down after previous finales. But my favourite won so I am happy.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I preferred the old format. As I was watching, I couldn't help but think that the format was influenced by VH1 and that Ru had already worked out all the combos. I loved what Peppermint did and thought it was the perfect thing to offset Trinity's more overt performance. Sasha's was more interesting than Shea's, but they both turned it out, so Ru could have gone with Shea if she was so inclined.

topaz

i really like the lip sync battles. Both groups were incredible. When Peppermint revealed the dress underneath and the wig underneath. I screamed. Peppermint is such a great performer.

Shea was incredible but Sasha took the crown from her . Shea's lip sync and performance skills are fantastic.

Sasha deserved it. I"m sure we'll see Shea, Trinity, and Peppermint in upcoming All stars.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I lived for the rose petals and all of Sasha's wonderful surprises. She just had this air about her the entire finale, a calm confidence like she knew she would win if she played everything right. :glamor: Creativity from start to finish, I also love her Annie Lennox vibe.

I'm glad Peppermint made the top 2, but I'm not going to lie, I was shocked when Rupaul called her name and not Trinity's. :shuffle: I thought Trinity really went for it during that lip sync.

antmanb

I wasn't sure what to think of the reunion episode, the whole thing is so scripted and edited, that you can't help but feel like they were all just delivering their lines as planned. Ru did seem to facilitate some of the bitchier parts which is more proactive than it's been in the past but still. Farah was the only queen I didn't end up hating by the end of that episode, and I hate Aja even more :lol:

I was really glad that my fave won the finale and I really liked the lip synch battle. I also screamed when Peppermint did the wig and dress reveal, but I also thought that was about all she did compared to the energy Trinity put out there (and I was never a Trinity fan.

I loved all the stuff Sasha did with the rose petals, especially the wig shake. Someone sent me this tweet from Darienne Lake and I just :rofl: https://twitter.com/dariennelake/status/878414551322120192

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information