Rachel Parsons: "I’ve decided to take a step back from skating"

Sylvia

TBD
ISU's latest interview Rachel Parsons: Living her best life after learning to love skating again (July 5, 2021): https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...arning-to-love-skating-again?templateParam=15
Excerpt:
It was “the hardest decision” of her life but, having made huge progress with her eating disorder, proudly come out as bisexual and started a double major at university, she knows it was the right one.
“It’s been amazing,” Parsons said happily. “I am living in Florida now, going to school… I have a beautiful girlfriend, her name is Sarah, and we’ve been together six months now. I live 10 minutes from the beach. Life is pretty good.”
The fact that she ended up on the front cover of prominent US newspaper The Washington Post after her part in the BLM protests rather than appearing on the back pages as she used to shows how much life has changed. Her new friends can hardly believe their ears when she tells them about her days as an elite skater.
“People find out at the funniest times and it’s the most random fun fact about me because people are always so shocked,” she said. “It’s so funny because on the one hand it feels like it was just yesterday, on the other hand that feels like a lifetime ago.”
Rachel is also the first guest in The Ice Skating Podcast's "Pride Month Special - Part 2" (link to listen is at the bottom of the article).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information