Problem with this forum?

Susan1

I've gotten this screen pop up twice yesterday and just this morning -

Error 525 Ray ID: 3956bc9c4ada54d4 • 2017-08-28 10:55:10 UTC

SSL handshake failed

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
I've had some problems with creating links using the link button. Does not happen with every link, just some. I redo it, and its then okay. It might be a problem at my end as I have been having computer issues, but I thought I would mention it just in case others were having the same problem.

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
I've had some problems with creating links using the link button. Does not happen with every link, just some. I redo it, and its then okay. It might be a problem at my end as I have been having computer issues, but I thought I would mention it just in case others were having the same problem.
Which way did you try, clicking on to the chain-link symbol above? Or doing it manually by typing http://yaddayaddayadda, etc?

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Interesting. Just got the “handshake” message. The everything went back to working regular. There was this line though, if it’s any help:
If you're the owner of this website:
It appears that the SSL configuration used is not compatible with Cloudflare. This could happen for a several reasons, including no shared cipher suites. Additional troubleshooting information here.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. Just got the “handshake” message. The everything went back to working regular. There was this line though, if it’s any help:
I’ll take a look and see why hands aren’t being shaken here.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Interesting, tried using a clip quote (highlight text then click “quote”) and when I went to insert in the dialogue box I got an “Error 502” with “Web server is returning an unknown error” Then, everything went back to normal. I can attach a screen grab if you want.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I got the red SSL handshake pop up today. It seems to be associated with the auto-save process when I'm typing a post.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I'm getting this frequently when trying to access pages on this site. Usually after a refresh it's fine.

This page is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by Cloudflare | Hide this Alert

skateboy

For at least a few days, if I click on the "arrow" on a quoted passage, it does not lead me back to the "quotee's" post, which it has always done in the past.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
For at least a few days, if I click on the "arrow" on a quoted passage, it does not lead me back to the "quotee's" post, which it has always done in the past.
I've rolled out a fix for this but you may need to clear your cache for it to take effect.

BittyBug

Disgusted
Not a problem per se but I didn't want to start a new thread for this. There seems to be a new feature that offers "Similar Threads" at the bottom of the screen. Is this a configurable feature that can be turned on or off by individual users?

Lizziebeth

I got this 'Similar threads" at the bottom of the screen too and have the same question.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Is it a massive pain? I think it's quite useful personally.
The only issue for me is having to scroll down further to return to the forum I was in, e.g. SS. I generally just skim over the "similar threads" offerings which, strangely, don't show up on every page.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
The only issue for me is having to scroll down further to return to the forum I was in, e.g. SS. I generally just skim over the "similar threads" offerings which, strangely, don't show up on every page.

Because there's no similar threads? :lol: ;)

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
With today's round of changes and improvements, this should be sorted for good... I hope.

quiqie

I don’t know if it belongs here, but I have a question: how is it possible that I see a thread, but cannot see the posts?

Sylvia

TBD
I don’t know if it belongs here, but I have a question: how is it possible that I see a thread, but cannot see the posts?
I know some very old threads got moved or merged and no posts can be seen as a result. Do you have a link?

Also, if you have someone on ignore and they start a thread, supposedly you can't see the thread at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information