Post-competition photos?

JadeDixon

I would assume that it would be appropriate ettiquite for a skater to stick around at a competition at least until results are posted and if they medaled to have their costume and skates on and get a podium photo done with their competitors? I only competed once though, years ago, and although in my event we all stayed and got our medals and photos done, I have heard about some skaters leaving before results came out.

Is there ever a valid reason for one skater to leave prior to results being posted, thus leaving an empty spot on the podium for the photo? My gut says this is not classy at all, but maybe I am ignorant?

gkelly

I would assume that it would be appropriate ettiquite for a skater to stick around at a competition at least until results are posted and if they medaled to have their costume and skates on and get a podium photo done with their competitors? I only competed once though, years ago, and although in my event we all stayed and got our medals and photos done, I have heard about some skaters leaving before results came out.

Is there ever a valid reason for one skater to leave prior to results being posted, thus leaving an empty spot on the podium for the photo? My gut says this is not classy at all, but maybe I am ignorant?
I can think of several reasons why a skater might not be available for the medal ceremony.

Maybe they're competing in another event later in the day

Maybe they volunteered to help out with running the competition after they finished competing

Maybe they were injured and need medical attention

Maybe they have a plane to catch

Maybe they have a long drive home and want to get home in daylight or by their usual bedtime

Or maybe they just have other commitments unrelated to the competition

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
A lot of adult skaters take off their skates before the photos, especially if there's a long time between the end of the event and the medal presentation. It's just too uncomfortable to walk around in your skates for that long. It's not at all uncommon to see photos of adult skaters on the podium with everyone wearing sneakers.

S

SmallFairy

Yes, here in Norway especially travelling is a reason not being able to stay for the medal ceremony. It’s perfectly ok.

If there’s a long wait, I usually take my skates off, and then back on again before the awards. I like being on the photos in skates;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information