Polina Edmunds has withdrawn from 2016 Worlds, replaced by Mirai Nagasu

Cachoo

Sad for Polina but I know she is down but not out forever....thrilled for Mirai....and believe Ashley could be on the podium as it has been debated a bit in this thread. Go Gracie too. And luck to all of the ladies....cannot wait for this to begin.

Sylvia

TBD
I posted this article link in the U.S. Ladies thread last week but in case anyone missed seeing it there... Polina Edmunds attended Worlds as a spectator and was interviewed in Boston: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/04/04/170409336/edmunds-wants-to-perform-to-every-row-in-2016-17
Excerpts:
"I'm happy to be here, but my heart is a little sad," Edmunds said. "It's a great opportunity to skate at a world championships in your home country, so it's definitely disappointing. But I'm just soaking it all up and putting all my effort into cheering on my U.S. teammates."
"[The boots] are broken in now. They feel great but just the beating in of them at the start, my foot was already bruised," she said. "I just felt if I was going to compete at worlds, I wanted to be 100 percent and with my strongest difficulty to represent the U.S. It seemed wiser to heal, and it is a middle year in the four years between Olympics, (so) it's not super important in the long term."
Edmunds has happier things to occupy her thoughts. The 18-year-old San Jose, California, native graduates from Archbishop Mitty High School on May 28. This fall, she plans to enroll in Santa Clara University, a short drive from Sharks Ice, where she trains under David Glynn and her mother, Nina.
(Kudos to @StitchMonkey who guessed Santa Clara University in the Google Hangouts thread before Worlds.)

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I see that Polina has made a miraculous recovery, just in time for the Stars on Ice USA tour! (Jason Brown, too.)

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I see that Polina has made a miraculous recovery, just in time for the Stars on Ice USA tour! (Jason Brown, too.)

Oh, fcuk off. Yeah, that makes perfect sense, that Polina gave up a place she'd earned at possibly her only chance to ever compete at Worlds in the USA so that she could be rested for a six-stop gimmicky tour. Of course, how could I not see it? And Jason too. Clearly he wanted to be super rested since he withdrew from the NHK Trophy (you know, that GP kind of everyone wants because of the attendant increased earning opportunities if the Japanese fans like you) and then Nationals, obviously defending his title was never in his plan, and clearly the petition to be part of the Worlds team was all a false flag. :rolleyes:

Got a brain in there?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Jason Brown is in Stars on Ice? Where?:cheer2:

I wish...my bad! I was thinking that he'll be skating in the Team Challenge cheesefest. Every season, one or two skaters pop up in shows immediately after Worlds despite not having been able to appear in Worlds for whatever reason. Slutskaya Effect. (She needed the money to help her mom so made the effort to get herself ready for COI.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information