Penny Coomes and Nicholas Buckland are engaged.

Colonel Green

Per Penny's latest Instagram post:
Last night after an amazing weekend with our families, in a romantic igloo on the river, next to Tower Bridge and under London’s beautiful Christmas Lights.... my best friend asked me to marry him.
We have been together since we were teenagers, shared ups & downs and travelled the world together. I am the luckiest girl in the world because I get to share the rest of my life with someone who truly is the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible... You have made me a better person, so I am truly blessed to be a part of your life. I love you more than words can say @n_bucklandThank you for choosing me to be your Fiancé ♥️💍

They'll be missed on ice, but here's to their off-ice partnership continuing to be as successful as they were on ice.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I saw that on Facebook earlier and got a bit teary lol. So happy for them :cheer: they are such a lovely couple.
I found a video of their Man In The Iron Mask FD I took of them in their very first season together last week on my old pc. They were both tiny instead of just Penny :lol: I think it was from 2005. I was so shocked how tall Nick suddenly was in their second season together!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Lovely news, let’s hope the deal is real and it’s not yet another Christmas engagement cop out.

Sorry, I saw someone get engaged on Christmas Day five years ago, they are still together but still unmarried.

Carolla5501

Lovely news, let’s hope the deal is real and it’s not yet another Christmas engagement cop out.

Sorry, I saw someone get engaged on Christmas Day five years ago, they are still together but still unmarried.

Ladies and gentlemen I would like to nominate this as a contender in the” tacky post of the year” category

Unbelievable that you would actually take the time to write this. Says a lot about you.

starrynight

Congratulations to them!

I imagine that if you trained with someone day in day out you would learn whether you loved them or not!

I wish them all the best for the future and in their new careers coaching.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Sharps has a point, lots of people I know do this as well or they just break it off after a long engagement leaving you wondering why?! I don't think it'll happen to Penny and Nick, they're the real deal!

Carolla5501

Sharps has a point, lots of people I know do this as well or they just break it off after a long engagement leaving you wondering why?! I don't think it'll happen to Penny and Nick, they're the real deal!

So do you people walk up to your friends when they get engaged and say "Congratulations, it won't last" or "I know this is just for show"?

Sounds like it ! Personally I would think that's a bit rude but to each their own.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
So do you people walk up to your friends when they get engaged and say "Congratulations, it won't last" or "I know this is just for show"?

Sounds like it ! Personally I would think that's a bit rude but to each their own.

Erm, where in my post or others did you get that? I don’t do anything of the sort. I just hoik up my judgey pants and last time I checked, am allowed an opinion. I think Christmas engagements are lame, especially based on the people I know who are now 5 years engaged with no sigh of any forthcoming wedding. (And they’re mid 40s).

Thanks for the tacky post nomination though and aspersions placed on my character for having that opinion!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Christmas and Valetine's Day engagements do make me roll my eyes a bit because I find them corny, but at least if you do that, you won't forget that day you got engaged on. :lol: (My sister eloped with her boyfriend of a bazillion years on Talk Like a Pirate Day at least in part so he wouldn't forget their anniversary. Also they are nerds. :D)

But what gets my Judgy McJudgy Pants in a wad is public engagements. Hate 'em. Though, again, my nephew did that with his now wife and they won some sort of expensive trip out of it (it was a contest of some sort) so, again, no skin off my nose and I get a chance to roll my eyes. They need the exercise. ;)

Sorry, got a little off-topic there. Typical FSU thread drift FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information