Papadakis/Cizeron: Latin dances always look "cheap and cliche"

lauravvv

Oh, they took the words right out of my mouth! I know it's personal taste, but I HATE latin dance - all these cheap costumes and hand waving. I certainly hope they can come up with something different and better. If they could just do one sultry rhumba it might not be so bad.
I understand what you mean about costumes (although, my general view on them is that they are just colourful, sexy and fun with some really bad exceptions), but, in reality, I doubt that the costumes (floor or ice dancing) for latin dances are actually any cheaper than the costumes for any other style of (ice) dance.

And "hand waving"? It seems that you are mixing up latin dances with something else (like dramatic Russian style FDs on ice), as latin dances usually don't require any hand waving - neither on floor or on ice.

Unfortunately, P/C can't do just rhumba. Another latin rhythm is required outside of the pattern.

sap5

Unfortunately, P/C can't do just rhumba. Another latin rhythm is required outside of the pattern.

Really? The second rhythm can't be rhumba without the pattern requirements? I know I could just look this up but don't have the link handy at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information