Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabelle.G

It kind of reminds me the European-champ scenario of 2017... anyway, I hope they'll won't be thinking about it that much and just go out there and enjoy every second of their performance on Saturday as that's what's works for them very well... Cannot wait to see them there. :)

bcash

I didn't like it. It was too fluid, not enough energetic/rythmic like aerobic should be. I preferred the first choreography. I didn't like the costume. The best one was the first one. Their second one was the worst. I don't know why they keep changing costumes. Why can't they or their team see that? Pretty weird.

I too prefer the original costumes to this herringbone patterned iteration. Sometimes less is more.

barbarafan

To cheer us up, how beautiful is gaby

and of course it's fake fur
You can't put a unicorn in a box....Never change Gabriella.

barbarafan

Viscaro

You know it's Papadakis and Cizeron when a silver medal is catastrophe. Still, and while I know it had to happen at some point, I am shook. I think the stream had the same reaction as me because it completely broke and I had to look at the scores at ISU results, refreshing the page like a crazy person.

Laney

Viktoria and Nikita where really good - but so where Gabriella and Guillaume!!!!!!!!!!! I don´t get the marks, but I know I´m biased. That first one element was counted as invalid, than back to valid, the they also lost in the PCS seems strange to me. But oh well. We all knew that the ISU didn´t wanted them to win everything straight to Bejing. Congratulations for aiming that. "Sarcasm".
I hope Gabby and Gui come out stronger of this and know that they are really loved!!!!!!!!! I love both programs equaly this season. The RD is so much fun, the FD made me cry the moment they started skating. So many emotions! I send them tons of love!!!!!!!!!

barbarafan

I think we are all a bit shocked, the wait for the scores was horrible. I feel like they were slightly below their best here I hope they can get back on top form for worlds.
It was not their best.....but still far superior.....levels did not all make sense...Russians were not as boring as at GP final but still pcs too high

I❤️Marina&Sergai

It was not their best.....but still far superior.....levels did not all make sense...Russians were not as boring as at GP final but still pcs too high
I still love them and think the are one of the best things to happen to the sport. Am just hoping they can get over this and keep heading towards the gold in Beijing in 2022. I don’t feel SinKats deserved the win but I think their last two performances were the best I’ve seen them skate. All the best to G & P for worlds.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
S&K have been moving up so this should not have been a shock if P&C made mistakes. I don't know if they did because I cannot watch anything until I reach home. I am still shocked because I thought P&C and Nathan Chen were unbeatable.

It is better for P&C to lose at Europeans than at worlds. This gives them a chance to do better at worlds and win.

Isabelle.G

I was there in the arena and honestly... many people left before the ceremony even begun.. I am no expert but judging only by the impression the dances made, Gabi and Guillaume should have been first. The wait before the scoring was disgraceful. But if this is the way isu wants to present itself, well...
as for g &g i hope they’ll recover from this quickly and be in a great shape for worlds. And that they know that their fans love them no matter what.

bcash

I saw two minor bobbles but nothing else too “off”. I don’t know how much politicking played into this result.

I hope they take positives out of this experience and continue to try different things with their programs. There are honestly things I would love to see them go back to the original IdF version, for both programs, esp. the RD.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Just a note: when the women from the technical panel came to the judges and there was a group of them arguing, looking at notes etc... i still dont know whether to be mad, sad or just laugh at the irony of the whole situation. Oh well...
When did this happen ?!

I❤️Marina&Sergai

They needed a little kick in the butt. Things get stale with success. It's good sometimes to trip up and find new motivation. Having said that, I really can't stand S/K and don't understand their rise. The skating is just not organic enough, among other things.
I saw two minor bobbles but nothing else too “off”. I don’t know how much politicking played into this result.

I hope they take positives out of this experience and continue to try different things with their programs. There are honestly things I would love to see them go back to the original IdF version, for both programs, esp. the RD.
While I think the Russian Fed are pushing S/K ( S & B look like they have been consigned to second strings ) I do think IdF versions of both P/C programmes had more of a punch.

bcash

Just a note: when the women from the technical panel came to the judges and there was a group of them arguing, looking at notes etc... i still dont know whether to be mad, sad or just laugh at the irony of the whole situation. Oh well...

Is this what was happening during the looong wait for the score? In the clip I just saw, the camera never went to the judges.

Isabelle.G

When did this happen ?!
Before the scores for g&g came. The two of them took their sheets and went to the judging panel below them and quite vehemently were talking about sth - I assume the scores. I dont know what was on tv. The screens in the arena showed only the russians and the french awaiting the result. As it took so long, some people started clapping, gabi at some point made a gesture of the mexican wave? It happened at this time. Then the ladies went back to their seats, another paused followed and then the result came. Many people clapped - mostly the russians (judging by the flags) the next part was quiet.

barbarafan

Well look at the judges scores....judge 5 and 6
Russia and Ukraine respectively
all the 10's with 2 x 9.75...identical
russia could destroy Ukraine tomorrow.
both scored P&C low

Bigbird

Well look at the judges scores....judge 5 and 6
Russia and Ukraine respectively
all the 10's with 2 x 9.75...identical
russia could destroy Ukraine tomorrow.
both scored P&C low

Wow that was awful. Feel it for them. I hope they just take it on the chin and move forwards. No words for that. No words.

Edit: after watching both I can say what a shame on Russia, what a shame. There will be repercussions.

Last edited:

gk_891

Wow that was awful. Feel it for them. I hope they just take it on the chin and move forwards. No words for that. No words.

Edit: after watching both I can say what a shame on Russia, what a shame. There will be repercussions.

I really hope so. It's because of stuff like this that I stopped watching figure skating for a while. I am deeply puzzled as to how S&K could come anywhere close to P&C. It's mind-boggling.

topaz

For all the talk about Gabby/Guilliaume trying something new, the judges appear at times to not reward them for it.

I feel gutted for them because the judges rewarded a team that is not better than them. I appreciate S/K skating and programs. I think Victoria S has improved so much and is now the strength of the team. I respect their talent(even with Nikita as part of this team). However, they are not better skaters than G/G. S/K have speed but the "glide and edge quality " is not equal to the G/G. It just is not.

We're seeing skating skills being manipulated now by the judges in all disciplines but in Ice Dance - it should not be. It's the core of the discipline.

Isabelle.G

I have to admit I’m still bewildered by it. I wouldn’t think I can get so angry about figure skating. And even though it wasn’t nice behaviour of my part, I just couldn’t rise for the national anthem. Not after seeing the two teams skating right after each other, seeing the quality and also then the judges not being able to agree on the results. I also felt bad for the Italians even though this isn’t their thread. And I don’t blame Gabi and Guillaume for one skate around the ice as silver medalists and then leaving the russians and their fans to the spotlight.
It’s sad but when it took so long for the judges to come up with the scores, I kind of felt g&g, marie and romain kind of already knew the outcome. A sad and funny moment was when gabi mistook the podium and wanted to climb to the first spot, a habbit apparently 😀 the russians screaming at her however wasnt funny at all.
There were some fans who have printed little g&g signs and were giving them to others, that was very nice.
To be positive, maybe this is what they needed to get a new perspective and get back into the competition mode. All the best for the worlds, esp. let that competition be a fair one.

Last edited:

Bigbird

For all the talk about Gabby/Guilliaume trying something new, the judges appear at times to not reward them for it.

I feel gutted for them because the judges rewarded a team that is not better than them. I appreciate S/K skating and programs. I think Victoria S has improved so much and is now the strength of the team. I respect their talent(even with Nikita as part of this team). However, they are not better skaters than G/G. S/K have speed but the "glide and edge quality " is not equal to the G/G. It just is not.

We're seeing skating skills being manipulated now by the judges in all disciplines but in Ice Dance - it should not be. It's the core of the discipline.

Gadbois group should pay no attention to the "talk" for something new. They just want to knock P/C in a rut, imitate their own inimitable style and steal the win. If they draw the right conclusions all will be well. Gabby and Guillame, as Tessa would say, go into your own special bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information