Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
New long article on IFS magazine Nothing too new however. Two new snippets of them skating their FD with Oniceperspectives on the ice. Always love those on ice shoots. I did notice during NHK that slight unbalanced movement Gaby does during a twizzle at the end of the midline right in front of the judges and thought how risky if it's badly interpreted. But seeing it from a closer angle, it's for that kind of tiny tiny details I just love them. It gives a nice break in the symmetry of their movements and creates something unexpected. Also probably totally counter intuitive to sway your body as if you're unbalanced.

bcash

I do not like this look at all. Kinda tacky. I hope they look better in motion.

cocotaffy

I like it, it's more interesting looking than the previous one whose color coding was a bit "plain". I think Guillaume tried to play it too "chic" now he's at Gaby's level. Very camp and that's what that program wants. Mind you they'll probably toy with those costume till Worlds.

chantilly

I think these costumes look better on the ice. They feel more “homage” based, but the other ones almost seemed like a mock?

yuna13fr

This program just makes me smile. They could skate in their childhood yellow and orange outfit i would not care.
Tomorrow because of the strike i'm going to spend hours in my car and i know that i'm going to listen to their RD music on repeat to stay calm.

Also watching the biathlon race, i thought: one, two, three and one, two, three!!

muffinplus

I think Guillaume should also have leg warmers... I don't get what purpose the black stripes serve?

cocotaffy

I think Guillaume should also have leg warmers... I don't get what purpose the black stripes serve?
He does if you look closely but they're the same color than his pants so not too visible. Black stripes give an edginess maybe, something a bit more graphic. Don't know. What worries me his Guillaume's crazy hair straight on top of his head He can pull off just about anything but still, that's a tough one.

Last edited:

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Maybe she ditches the bands for competition proper?

Icandance

Are you referring to P/C because they don't even need a narrative or need to explain the dance. It grabs you by the heart from start to finish.
Well they didn't have to explain their interpretation Fame RD, but did explain what message they were trying to convey in the FD. So maybe not all audiences have your vision.

bcash

That mini-section of the circular step sequence is one of my favorite parts of the program, beautiful long inside edge. They changed the preceding steps and change-of-hold at NHK IIRC.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

the lean, the depth and security of their edges, the perfectly matched body lines from head to toe, the calmness: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5yqQO2IqI8/?igshid=1dnk23b6k0s2p
Yes as some other poster said same ole same ole :saint: I'll take this same ole same ole skating to phone book reading any day of the week tbh
Congrats to their 2nd GPF win, I hope they'll recharge for Xmas in France and then kick it to higher gear concerning this RD. I want to see a full out perfect version at Euros and Worlds.
Also, loving the budding friendship between Guillaume and Madi Chock. Gaby and him are sharing the Madisons, how lovely.

muffinplus

For anyone who can understand Russian someone wrote a short analysis /interpretation of the FD:

I personally don't care to get into details like that but thought someone might find it interesting

EDIT - actually it seems very short post, so maybe not much of an analysis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information