Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcash

I think the costumes are great. Like a chic-ified 80s classic sports attire. That hue of pink and blue really pops without being aggressive or cheap. Kudos to them and the designer.

And they adjusted the final segment after the twizzles. I think both the ice coverage and the lift (an evolution of the same lift they introduced with MS), as well as the ending pose, which flows a lot better with the music.

Actually, after a second look, I realized they added a heavy beat in the music cut right at the end. Clever.

Last edited:

nuge

I love the RD costumes :cheer2::glamor: but is it allowed? Doesn't she have to have a bit of a skirt?

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Those costume though :biggrinbo I didn't expect colors so bright tbh. The ice coverage of their pattern looks big. Thanks giving us your impression @allezfred and @taz'smum
Can't wait for better camera angles.

laviemn

D*mn I just realised France is geoblocked for the ISU youtube stream because the event is broadcasted on franceTV.... The problem is Francetv is far from showing everything, especially the short programs.
sigh

Can you install Opera browser? It has a built-in VPN. People on this forum have said it works for the ISU stream, just make sure you turn on the right setting.

The reactions to the costumes on Twitter have been (insert head exploding emoji here). No one was emotionally prepared.

@taz'smum I hope Tiffany's health issues are improving. Good luck!

Laney

They're by far the fastest on the ice. Their pattern dance is huge. And they give every move something special. I love the choroegraphy in the Finnstep where all couples stop. They give this part something special and it's so sexy. I think the costumes are everything :swoon:

cocotaffy

They're by far the fastest on the ice. Their pattern dance is huge. And they give every move something special. I love the choroegraphy in the Finnstep where all couples stop. They give this part something special and it's so sexy. I think the costumes are everything :swoon:
Already posted in the dance thread but I thought I would repost here. The whole practice on YouTube @Laney from your posts I gather you must be attending live. Thanks for your impressions, always nice to hear.

Miloune

Can you install Opera browser? It has a built-in VPN. People on this forum have said it works for the ISU stream, just make sure you turn on the right setting.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions to install a VPN... I was hoping to do without but I think I'll have to give in!

cocotaffy

Thanks everyone for your suggestions to install a VPN... I was hoping to do without but I think I'll have to give in!
I've just read on another forum than it does work with Opera today too, this is an easy way to do it, much easier than getting a VPN which are mainly not free.

millyskate

Tunnel Bear is so easy, reliable and cheap. When you think you can watch a whole GP for roughly 10 euros it's worth it! (in fact 3 GPs)
Another look at the FD costumes: https://twitter.com/ffsportsdeglace/status/1190233437833170946 It looks like Gabriella's dress is more like a sheer tunic over the top of a leotard than a one-piece dress, despite the for-the-judges flowing back of the skirt. I like that. His top is translucent and so is her dress.
Yes it's a very "world of modern dance" aesthetic, they haven't made any compromises with their programs or costumes this year. Not sure I really like the FD outfits but I see why they picked them.

Miloune

I've just read on another forum than it does work with Opera today too, this is an easy way to do it, much easier than getting a VPN which are mainly not free.

Ah yes I hadn't read correctly! Ok I'll try that!

deegee

the costumes read more olivia newton john/xanadu than fame but i guess sticking to the fame aesthetic would make it look too much like they were competing in their practice/training outfits so the brighter colors make sense.

aml78

OMG. I love the RD even more! The costumes are AHHHH-MAZING. I cant wait until i can see it on the big screen so i can see the facials. I have no doubt they are giving good expression throughout. The new ending is much smoother. I have watched their RD so many times already. I know there are some people who dont appreciate this style, but I just love that they are going full camp with this. Feels so Gabby!

Peepsquick

So happy, so @Peepsquick you need to install Opera browser too and you can enjoy Gaby and Guillaume live then.

:40beers: I will get on it but probably only for the next competition as I am working right now ... (still checking the site though, so keep posting all of you! ;):D
Thanks a lot to all "the eyes" working for the less fortunate among us!!!

Isabelle.G

I want to write something about the dance but I don't know where to start... I guess I'm just going to wait for someone to upload it somewhere so I can watch it for million times before the next GP. :lol:

Those attending the event, how was it? :)

Tila

I want to write something about the dance but I don't know where to start... I guess I'm just going to wait for someone to upload it somewhere so I can watch it for million times before the next GP. :lol:

Those attending the event, how was it? :)
So much fun and energy ! A few bubbles from Gabi, but a RD already great (and they will improve). They grab the audience right away, a joy to watch !!!

GreenGan

It was great. They clearly are the leader of the pack. And they look, skate bigger than any other dancer. Hard to describe, but they have a gravity and a charisma that really catch the eyes. Their présence isn't overwhelming, but it is felt almost physically, hence my use of the word gravity.

Their control is above anyone else. That whooping technical score says it all. I loved the little add in their partial step sequence, and their choreographic sequence too. A little disappointed by their stationnary lift though. I didn't have the technical but I think Gabby did a slight mistake in the twizzles, and lift seemed like there was a little bobble.

But frankly, it was a treat !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information