Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

synian

The podcast with Gabriella we were waiting for :

A resume in french : Et pour fêter cette nouvelle saison pour laquelle on vous réserve pleins de nouveautés et de portraits de femmes encore plus badass que la plus badass de tes copines, on vous propose un format exclusif de plus d’une heure d’entretien avec la quadruple championne du monde de danse sur glace où tout y passe : son enfance, sa relation au sport et à l’art, son lien avec son partenaire, le manque de renouveau dans son sport et le « sexisme inversé » qui existe sur des sports dits « féminins »…

GreenGan

It is a very interesting interview, that I have not finished listening yet, but it's worth translating. I don't have much time, but I think it's important (yes, it's important) that more people hear it. French and international . She doesn't use any (much ?) filter, and what she said about her relation with ice dance, with herself, how people should look at women and the sport, with the Olympics and how she sees the future of her sport is worth listening.

It goes from growing with a different culture (french, greek - how pride of your nationality is seen differently in both country, then mutliculturalism in Montreal) to feminism, LGBT, artistry in this sport, her experience at the Olympics...

I really am fond of her personality. She IS articulate, it's refreshing. We don't hear so much athlete like that in France (Maybe because the interview are not that deep too...). If you speak both language, do take time to listen to it. I might translate some extract but I don't have the time to do it this week.

jujubi64

Indeed, I also enjoyed it, especially when she spoke about worries of eating disorders in sport, or her reaction to 'une' of the "Equipe" (french sport newspaper) on homosexuality in football/soccer. There are too many things to translate, and there is too much second degree to risk me for not causing misunderstandings (my english is too bad and google traduction don't understand word game and second degree).

SandraMGfan

The podcast with Gabriella we were waiting for :

Wow. This is so refreshing to have an sportsperson who can articulate their views as well as she does.
She’s really an exceptional person.

Can she be the president of every country? 😂

Hope it is translated soon. It’s a must listen!

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Treat after treat, On Ice perspectives is really making a name for himself with those gorgeously shot videos. Someone from the ISU hire this man to shoot all ISU competitions. He also mentions releasing the full screen version of the video in the future, can't wait.

ETA: and watching it on my computer now, Gaby has really come into her own. She has become such a strong performer and skater. She was always good (I never agreed with how the critics dismissed her as being so below Guillaume) but wow. It's very clear on the non touching step sequence.

Last edited:

Laney

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I'm definitely happy with the word staccato. I'm hoping for something truly moving towards modern dance. It's also interesting to hear they were even more invested into the creation of it. Do we know if they have any exterior help ? I don't remember hearing the name of Christopher Dean this year.

Bigbird

I'm definitely happy with the word staccato. I'm hoping for something truly moving towards modern dance. It's also interesting to hear they were even more invested into the creation of it. Do we know if they have any exterior help ? I don't remember hearing the name of Christopher Dean this year.

YEESSS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information